SiouxSports.com Forum

UND's Mount Rushmore

The Walrus

Let's have some fun....

If there were a UND (Athletics) Mount Rushmore...Who would you Pick...?

These four all get only one face each....Hockey, Basketball, Football, Coaching...

I'm going Old School...Because I am

Hockey - Tony Hrkac

Basketball- Phil Jackson

Football- Glen"Red"Jarrett

Coaching- John"Gino"Gasparini

Have add it.....

GREAT! The first-ever advocate for anything larger than a HILL on the eastern ND landscape :D

How about we carve the giant pile at the soon-to-close GF landfill into a Sioux-head logo? Then no matter what ultimately happens with the logo - It would be like ND's version of Crazy Horse! It would LIVE FOREVER (close your windows when you drive by though :lol: )

Here's my 2 cents.....

Hockey: Tony Hrkac (most dominant player in program history, 116 points in 48 games in 1986-87)

Football: Kelby Klosterman (lead "the drive" down the field in Florence, great run/pass threat)

Basketball: Jenny Crouse (centerpiece of three NCAA title teams)

Coaching: Dean Blais (rebuilt fallen dynasty, two NCAA titles, five WCHA titles in ten years)

So many great options....tough to choose.

GREAT! The first-ever advocate for anything larger than a HILL on the eastern ND landscape ;)

How about we carve the giant pile at the soon-to-close GF landfill into a Sioux-head logo? Then no matter what ultimately happens with the logo - It would be like ND's version of Crazy Horse! It would LIVE FOREVER (close your windows when you drive by though :D )

Why don't we build four huge marble statues and set them up right in front of the REA main entrance? I wonder if someone would find that "hostile and abusive"? :lol:;)

Let's have some fun....

If there were a UND (Athletics) Mount Rushmore...Who would you Pick...?

These four all get only one face each....Hockey, Basketball, Football, Coaching...

I'm going Old School...Because I am

Hockey - Tony Hrkac

Basketball- Phil Jackson

Football- Glen"Red"Jarrett

Coaching- John"Gino"Gasparini

Have add it.....

I would go with Ralph Engelstad, Gene Roebuck, Ed Belfour, and Dale Lennon. Engelstad's contributions towards hockey have brought financial stability to UND and Grand Forks that couldn't be matched by anyone else. Belfour is the most notable hockey player to succeed at the NHL level. Roebuck is a genious when it comes to recruiting and coaching, and his 3 peat is proof. Lennon won the only football title at UND, is ND born, a UND alumni, and is about the most honest guy you could find.

Here's my 2 cents.....

Hockey: Tony Hrkac (most dominant player in program history, 116 points in 48 games in 1986-87)

Football: Kelby Klosterman (lead "the drive" down the field in Florence, great run/pass threat)

Basketball: Jenny Crouse (centerpiece of three NCAA title teams)

Coaching: Dean Blais (rebuilt fallen dynasty, two NCAA titles, five WCHA titles in ten years)

So many great options....tough to choose.

Speaking for myself that's one hell of a good list I don't think anybody in there right mind would disagree with that & if they did then there's something wrong with them if you ask me.