SiouxSports.com Forum

Unbelieveable: Forum editorializes against Va Teacher

star2city

The Tribune is run by hard-core neoconservatives and the Daily News just isn't very good in terms of content. End rant.

I personally wish we got more of that in the Heraldo. Jacobs is left of center as they go.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The overall quality and quantity of content of the Heraldo (copyright KJ 108's Big Dogz :silly:) has gotten better since Forum Communications took over. Knight-Ridder was too concerned with cost-cutting and profit margins and not concerned enough with quality content. Forum Communications has addressed this.

As for the editorials, sometimes I agree with them and sometimes I don't. I will say that The Forum leans to the right politically and the Heraldo is center-left (any paper with a conservative like Tom Dennis as the editorial editor cannot be called a liberal rag, however). No paper is perfect, but the Forum and Heraldo are light years ahead of the Minot Daily News and the Bismarck Tribune. The Tribune is run by hard-core neoconservatives and the Daily News just isn't very good in terms of content. Those of us that live next to the Red River are fortunate that we don't have to put up with any of that crap.

End rant.

The Minot paper has to rate up with there as the worst daily paper I have ever seen. I don't know why the people in Minot put up with it?

The overall quality and quantity of content of the Heraldo (copyright KJ 108's Big Dogz :silly:) has gotten better since Forum Communications took over. Knight-Ridder was too concerned with cost-cutting and profit margins and not concerned enough with quality content. Forum Communications has addressed this.

As for the editorials, sometimes I agree with them and sometimes I don't. I will say that The Forum leans to the right politically and the Heraldo is center-left (any paper with a conservative like Tom Dennis as the editorial editor cannot be called a liberal rag, however). No paper is perfect, but the Forum and Heraldo are light years ahead of the Minot Daily News and the Bismarck Tribune. The Tribune is run by hard-core neoconservatives and the Daily News just isn't very good in terms of content. Those of us that live next to the Red River are fortunate that we don't have to put up with any of that crap.

End rant.

Are you kidding the Bismarck Tribune Conservative? Have you read the Bismarck Tribune. They almost give the Star Tribune a run for left leaning.

Vaht!?!? You don't like a newspaper because you don't know anyone that likes it? :silly: Sorry, dear, but someone rating a paper not on actually having read it but on what other people say about it must be, well, must be from Fargo. :silly:

Everyone I've talked to HAS read the Herald. I read the Herald every day at work, takes me all of like 10 mins. I then go online (and so do my friends) to read the Forum's articles, which are basically about the same stuff with a little more information. And yeah I am from Fargo, proud to say it too....

Everyone I've talked to HAS read the Herald. I read the Herald every day at work, takes me all of like 10 mins. I then go online (and so do my friends) to read the Forum's articles, which are basically about the same stuff with a little more information. And yeah I am from Fargo, proud to say it too....

Thanks for the clarification. You're response to sioux 7>5's question why you thought the Forum was the better paper was that you didn't know anyone who liked the Herald or heard anyone say good things about the Herald. Glad to hear you have your own opinion.

Fargo/NDSU was slammed again in this South African column about the country's skills shortage:

As one in particular complained the other day, he had a degree, and surely all degrees are equal, so why was he being discriminated against?

Sadly, it doesn't work like that, anywhere in the world. Does anyone really think that, in the US, a degree from the State University of North Dakota opens as many doors as one from Harvard?

It's time the Forum's editorial board to get busy and defend NDSU's honor! :(:lol:

Does this column remind anyone else of these scenes from Napoleon Dynamite? ;)

Napoleon: Well, nobody's gonna go out with me.

Pedro: Have you asked anybody yet?

Napoleon: No, but who would? I don't even have any good skills.

Pedro: What do you mean?

Napoleon: You know, like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills. Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Pedro: Like what are my skills?

Napoleon: Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache.

• 2 months later...