SiouxSports.com Forum

When is 1 inch longer than 180 feet?

The Sicatoka

I am not one to believe that UND sports figures can do no wrong, but in this circumstance, I think justice was served. What benefit would it be for Bina to allow Oshie and Toews to escape. Do you think that the officer or anybody else around wouldn't know any of the hockey players? If they did make a run for it, they would have been in a whole lot more trouble.

What was the state's attorney trying to gain, what precedent was he looking to set, by doing this?

Can you imagine the outcry from the public if they would have dropped it? Hell... KNOX & KFGO had lines lit up for weeks on the issue. It really went nuts after the "non-suspension" from Hak.

To avoid public scrutiny, and a tarnished "we are afraid of UND Hockey" image, they couldn't drop the case. (no matter how stupid it was)

Can you imagine the outcry from the public if they would have dropped it? Hell... KNOX & KFGO had lines lit up for weeks on the issue. It really went nuts after the "non-suspension" from Hak.

To avoid public scrutiny, and a tarnished "we are afraid of UND Hockey" image, they couldn't drop the case. (no matter how stupid it was)

Yeah, and it looks like we are going to have another thirty pages of this s&!t on the board again.

I agree that the authorities were in a no-win situation, but when you're in a no-win situation it's better to not make it worse.

Hats off to those voicing their objection to the way this whole incident was handled. Firstly, if these guys hadn't been UND hockey players, the majority of the City of Grand Forks would not even have heard about s uch nonsense. How many people get minors on a daily basis that we don't know of? Plus, how many of us know of the names of the other minors that were found in Judy's that night? With all of the crimes that need to be solved in this area, the increasing meth problem, etc., it is absurd how our law enforcement has nothing better to do than to try and pin some ridiculous crime on our UND hockey players. And, secondly, WDAZ, you should be ashamed of yourselves! Whatever happened to "Everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty"?? You must have really been hard up for news that week! It is amazing how quiet you are now!!! You really owe Robbie, his family, the entire hockey team and the public an apology! Let's just say...unless there is something featured that I feel I REALLY need to hear, I now tune to FOX or CNN for quality programming.

DEVIL ADVOCATE:

1.He was not arrested at Judy's!! If he would have tried to help them escape he would have been charged and arrested on the spot. :)

2.The problem arose when WDAZ (your home team) REPORTED 2 days later that he may be charged.

3.The States Attorney was in a no win situation. Let it go and be second guessed by all and be accused of brushing it under the rug. At this time USCHO and college hockey boards nationwide were already running with the first WDAZ (your home team) misinformation campaign "storey" Calling it a MINOR

4.I think with the USCHO coverage on this and WDAZ (your home team) being there source. Made this a big college hockey buzz storey in chat rooms and such for a couple of weeks. :p

5. When the first report went out WDAZ (your home team) Reported they were charged with

MINORS there is the problem in a nut shell. Misreported from the get go. By YOUR HOME TEAM which team is there home team? WDAZ thru Bina TJ and JT under the bus after already making this a lot bigger deal then it was by misreporting this from the get go.

6.Shame on all of you who bashed our boys on our board! ;)

7.Shame of WDAZ :)

This is my rant for today

actually it was 50 pgs and we never did hear the results of the poll on who called the cops on them :):)

Sorry about that!! The girlfriend PM'd me and left a comment on my profile asking for her trophy. So, I guess she did it after all. :p She wanted me to give it to her in St Louis but I never ran into her. I didn't know where to send the Dog Biscuit Trophy, so I gave it to my dog. He didn't mind that it was mean for a girl. ;)

FIRST OFF, the question of this thread was never properly answered,

When is 1 inch longer than 180 feet?

i would say when you can move like you are floating in the ocean and have the stamina of lance armstrong :)

I read in a news article (online) that there may be charges pending for Judy's. In regards to the names of the other minors...they were never mentioned on WDAZ. Imagine that! :):p:)

A further thought, the State's Attorney had a case against Toews and Oshie. They didn't have to charge Bina with a bogus crime to show that they were doing their job.