SiouxSports.com Forum

The Bollinger Family

GeauxSioux

A great article on the Bollinger Family...

Passing it on

As a boy, Bollinger reveled in hanging around his father, Rob, the longtime offensive coordinator at the University of North Dakota. Brooks would shag balls during practices, and play catch with the quarterbacks every chance he had.

The two will get to rekindle those fond times as they jointly host the Bollinger Quarterback and Receiver School July 8-11 at UND in Grand Forks.

Why do these two places always come up when people talk about GF? :ohmy:
Brooks will eat first at the Red Pepper, home of an offbeat "grinder" sandwich that features taco meat, salami, lettuce, mayo and hot sauce, and Italian Moon, a restaurant with a diverse menu that ranges from pizza to ribs and Mexican dishes.

Speaking of that, what exactly is the white sauce? I only tried it once a long time ago and vaguely remember it. All I know is that it wasn't good. I had it on a taco though.

I have heard that it is a combo of milk, mayo, and pepper...not sure if that's 100% accurate though.

When Brooks was a senior at Central HS, my son was just going into HS and was a center. He came home one day after practice, walking bowl legged and slightly hunched forward. I asked what was wrong and he said, 'My balls really hurt'. My 'mom' level went up several notches and I asked him what happed. He replied, 'Football practice'. I asked if he wore his cup during practice. He said he had.

He described the 'snap and receive' that went on all through his practice with Brooks. He would snap the ball, Brooks would receive it, raise it up (hitting Phats' cup) and then pull it back. This went on over and over again. I told him to tell Brooks to knock it off. Phats looked at me as if I were nuts and said, 'I can't do that!! It's Brooks!!'

At the time I didn't think it was funny but I do now and laugh out loud every time I think of it. :)

*I wonder if Brooks still does that.*

Back on topic:

Bismarck Tribune: In summer it's coach Bollinger

Minnesota Vikings training camp is coming up fast, but Bollinger will be taking some of his free time to head back to his hometown of Grand Forks. Starting Sunday Bollinger will be running his quarterback and receiver school at the University of North Dakota.

The camp, now in its fourth year, is something Bollinger says he loves doing, in large part because he gets to work with his father, Rob. The elder Bollinger has a wealth of coaching experience, including at Bismarck State College and as offensive coordinator at UND.

"It's a lot of fun," Bollinger said. "It's something that, as you get older, my summer's pretty short. I've got a lot going on, so it's good to have four days to spend a ton of time together and work on football together."

The Bollingers limit the number of participants in the camp so they can give the high schoolers plenty of attention and hands-on training.

A camp like this can only help UND gain prospects. Nice work by both Bollingers.

Bollinger set for QB battle - GF Herald

After the season ended, Vikings coach Brad Childress stated that Bollinger is in the mix to compete for the starting quarterback job. The other top candidate is Tarvaris Jackson, who was a second-round draft pick in 2006.

In his previous four seasons with the New York Jets and the Vikings, Bollinger played behind experienced veterans in Chad Pennington and Brad Johnson. Now, Bollinger likely will get a long look while battling the inexperienced Jackson, who had two touchdown passes versus four interceptions last year.

Ingredients for the white sauce...

Black Pepper

Salt

Milk (Std 2%)

Most Generic Salad Dressing you can find (Don't think ranch, but think the large containers of govt. grade salad dressing).

I will not give out the portions for this recipe, but rather let you experiment to get the actual taste...The real hard part, IMHO, is to make the taco meat as dry and spicy as they do... ;)

Good Luck!