SiouxSports.com Forum

GOLF 2007-2008

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

• 2 weeks later...
So I just saw a golf recruit walking through the Union, which prompted me to start a thread on the sport!

Anyone have any info?!

Alrite, I've had at least 3 or 4 golf recruits (pretty cute, might I add lol) come and ask general campus questions and stuff. This is getting on my nerves since I have never really followed golf! How good of a program is it here?

Alrite, I've had at least 3 or 4 golf recruits (pretty cute, might I add lol) come and ask general campus questions and stuff. This is getting on my nerves since I have never really followed golf! How good of a program is it here?

Leah... you're on a computer, and obviously bored... why don't you go to the Athletic webpage and you can answer your own question about how good they are....

• 6 months later...

Longtime UND golf coach to step down

The longtime University of North Dakota head men's golf coach is stepping down.

Rob Stiles has been the head coach for 23 years. He is to resign after the spring season, after university officials decided to move his full-time faculty position from the athletic department to the physical education department.

• 4 weeks later...

The golf team finish in the top 10 at Nationals last year. They are very good may have even been in the top 5 and Dan Frei has done a great Job

He should get the new Job, but who knows these days . He is a North Dakota boy and they don't like to hire local and who has ties to UND.

Good luck Dan you deserve it.

• 4 weeks later...
I agree. Dan Frei has done a great job with the girls. Hopefully he'll get the job and can bring in another quality assistant. Nothing against Stiles, but I've taken a class from him and I've met Dan...I'd rather be coached by Dan.

Dan is a pretty good guy I have gotten to know him at Kings Walk and he will do a good job.