SiouxSports.com Forum

Come Monday, Looking for a New Football Coach...?

The Walrus

I hope I am wrong.....But after watching the Open Forums, reading the news reports, scanning the message boards, and looking at their resumes. My feeling is Dale Lennon will be offered the Head Coaching position at Montana State Unversity.

Because of his mid-western attitute, presence, poise and polish, his age, and most of all his creditinals I find it very difficult for him not to be the leading canidate...

His record of achievments (UND FB academic GPA , Team Grad Rates and Team Win and Lost Records) accompany that with his track record for turning around a trouble program (Mary)... Is just what MSU needs right now.

And I believe if it is offered he will take it.

If this does happen at least Siouxsports.com will have something to talk about this Summer.....Who will be Next?

I hope I am wrong.....But after watching the Open Forums, reading the news reports, scanning the message boards, and looking at their resumes. My feeling is Dale Lennon will be offered the Head Coaching position at Montana State Unversity.

Because of his mid-western attitute, presence, poise and polish, his age, and most of all his creditinals I find it very difficult for him not to be the leading canidate...

His record of achievments (UND FB academic GPA , Team Grad Rates and Team Win and Lost Records) accompany that with his track record for turning around a trouble program (Mary)... Is just what MSU needs right now.

And I believe if it is offered he will take it.

If this does happen at least Siouxsports.com will have something to talk about this Summer.....Who will be Next?

This would be a nice hire for Montana St. Lennon runs a very good program. I'd favor Bubba for the job is Lennon does indeed leave. Tibesar is up and coming, but I think Bubba is proven.

Knowing what I know about you, Walrus, you're probably on the right track. :silly:

As I said in a previous post, I refuse to speculate on who will succeed Dale Lennon because at this point he doesn't need to be replaced. That could change over the weekend. :bigsmile:

I know little about the other 3 candidates but if the job were offered to Dale, I feel he would be foolish not to accept it. Having said that, considering what I have read about the other 3, I feel that Montana St. would be foolish not to offer the job Dale. This is the price you pay for having a successful program. I wish Dale the best of luck in whichever way he goes.

Not that this means anything....

5 out of the 11 posts in the Mike VanDeist open forum thread want....Dale Lennon

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard/vi...pic.php?t=10443

I really would of thought that with all the National Championships, Montana ties, ect..... The MVD train would really be rolling after his open forum...?

Not that this means anything....

5 out of the 11 posts in the Mike VanDeist open forum thread want....Dale Lennon

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard/vi...pic.php?t=10443

I really would of thought that with all the National Championships, Montana ties, ect..... The MVD train would really be rolling after his open forum...?

What do they know, Walrus, they're just uninformed internet posters right? :silly: I just made it 5 out of 12. :bigsmile:

I think it will be MVD. The Montanans will stay with a guy they know from Carroll College. And......I think they will be missing the boat by not hiring Lennon.

I get the feeling that support for Lennon is gathering some steam. Is it enough to unseat the sentimental choice? Tough to call right now.

If the annoucement comes sooner, I bet it's MVD. If it's delayed at all, I'm going with Lennon.

I get the feeling that support for Lennon is gathering some steam. Is it enough to unseat the sentimental choice? Tough to call right now.

If the annoucement comes sooner, I bet it's MVD. If it's delayed at all, I'm going with Lennon.

Last night I watched the open forums with all of the candidates on the Montana News site, with the exception of Van Diest, whose forum was not yet posted at the time . Coach Lennon was in a league of his own. He exhibited all of the qualities that you want to see in a College coach. Van Diest would have to present very well to beat him. I agree with the other posters, Lennon is the best candidate, but in State politics in Montana seem to be playing into this situation. My guess is that Dale will accept if offered the job, but my hope is they offer it to VanDeist.

My feeling is that if lennon does leave the program, that neither bubba or tibesar will get the head coaching job.

I have no idea what the LTC would do, but if he didn't contact Tibesar immediately, it would be a huge mistake. He's got everything UND could possibly want in a coach, PLUS he's got division I experience, which I'm going to assume would be listed as a preference on the job announcement. Whether he'd be interested or not is another question, but he should be number one on the wishlist IMO.

Knowing what I know about you, Walrus, you're probably on the right track. :silly:

As I said in a previous post, I refuse to speculate on who will succeed Dale Lennon because at this point he doesn't need to be replaced. That could change over the weekend. ;)

I know little about the other 3 candidates but if the job were offered to Dale, I feel he would be foolish not to accept it. Having said that, considering what I have read about the other 3, I feel that Montana St. would be foolish not to offer the job Dale. This is the price you pay for having a successful program. I wish Dale the best of luck in whichever way he goes.

I don't know if I would say that Lennon would be foolish not to take it. I really don't look at Montana State as a program that is better than UND's. I think fan support at UND is comparable if not better than most DIAA programs, and we all know how well Sioux fans travel. The one thing I could see is that it would be a faster stepping stone for Dale if that is what he is aiming to do. Montana State doesn't have to go through the aches and pains of the transition period, but as far as their program being on a higher tier, I am not too sure of that, especially if the Sioux were led by Lennon through the transition period.

An article in The Herald yesterday stated that Lennon was offered the position and turned it down to stay with the Sioux.... :silly:

Actually, neither Lennon nor Montana State would comment on whether the position was offered. At any rate, good news that Lennon will stay ;)

GFH article