SiouxSports.com Forum

Potshots at Grand Forks

GeauxSioux

Yes it is all relative. I really don't see people in GF comparing GF to LA, Chicago or NYC. However, I do see people from Fargo comparing themselves to MPLS, LA, Chicago and NYC. I've said it before, culturally GF and Fargo are the same. Nationally Fargo and GF are the same. Culturally, art wise, school wise, ect. they are the same.

This last spring I was home for the graduation of my cousin in Williston. He is a big UND fan and is going to UND. His older sister is going to hair school in Fargo. She proceded to try and tell both of us how horrible UND/Grand Forks are. When we asked her why Frago was so much better than Grand Forks the only answere she could come up with was "Because, because." Typical person fron Fargo. They trained her well! Because, because.

Can anyone really argue that there is any difference between Fargo and Grand Forks nationally?

Doesn't surprise me. It starts here, Sportscaster of the Year Jon Cole only reports on The Bison and every Minnesota team unless we loose in the playoffs. Hardly any NCAA hockey here. Thank god for FSSN!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I lived in GF my parents took the family to Fargo several times a year. When we moved to Fargo, we never went back to GF. I'll have to ask my parents for an explanation.

I lived in GF pretty much all the way through college and the only time we really went to Fargo when I was a kid was for the UND/NDSU basketball games and even then we stayed at the Holiday Inn in Moorhead. Other than that Fargo was on the way to Mpls. Nothing against Fargo, it just wasn't a real draw for us.

When I lived in GF my parents took the family to Fargo several times a year. When we moved to Fargo, we never went back to GF. I'll have to ask my parents for an explanation.

I can shop in Fargo or Grand Forks just as easily on a Saturday afternoon. I normally choose Grand Forks because the traffic is better and I'm a SuperTarget fan.