SiouxSports.com Forum

Geography at UND

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

I graduated from UND in 1984 with a major in Geography and a minor in Geology. Computer cartography was just coming of age and thought that was I wanted to do when I graduated. Unfortunately there weren't too many companies or municipalities doing it at that time and the ones that were hiring were paying poverty wages, so I ended up going into the fire sprinkler industry and doing drawings using AutoCad.

I did really enjoy Geography at UND. There was a new prof., who was my advisor, by the name of Munski. I understand that he is now the head of the department. Great guy. I hope you enjoy your time at UND in Geography.

I graduated from UND in 1984 with a major in Geography and a minor in Geology. Computer cartography was just coming of age and thought that was I wanted to do when I graduated. Unfortunately there weren't too many companies or municipalities doing it at that time and the ones that were hiring were paying poverty wages, so I ended up going into the fire sprinkler industry and doing drawings using AutoCad.

I did really enjoy Geography at UND. There was a new prof., who was my advisor, by the name of Munski. I understand that he is now the head of the department. Great guy. I hope you enjoy your time at UND in Geography.

I took a geography class from Munski. One of my favorite professors at UND.

Oh yeh how could i forgot about doug munski...quite a character...makes learning actually fun in college.

don't forget that he always has cookies! I love Munski, I haven't had him in class yet, my first one with him will be next fall but I have had some fun interactions with him in just talking.

don't forget that he always has cookies! I love Munski, I haven't had him in class yet, my first one with him will be next fall but I have had some fun interactions with him in just talking.

Munski is fantastic. I had him for a couple of classes. Cookies were great, and he made the classes fun. We also created a rap song in honor of the man "Doug Munski" to the tune of "Brass Monkey" by the Beastie Boys. I can't quite remember the lyrics, but the main line was "Doug Munski, that funky Munski". We weren't that original :)

One of the classes I took from Munski was either the Geography of Canada or Manitoba, I don't recall which, but it did include a field trip to Winnipeg, which was a blast. We stayed at the Place Louis Riel, ate at the Spaghetti Factory and took in some nightlife. Oh, and we went to some museums, too. :)