SiouxSports.com Forum

Drafted?

Prpichrocks_19

you can do your own research on any player here..http://www.hockeydb.com/index.html

porter, chicago, 9th round

oshie, stl, 1st round

toews, chicago, 1st round

finley, wash, 1st round

kaip, atl, 9th round

forney, atl, 3rd round

kozek, atl, 2nd round

watkins,dallas, 5th round

lee, ottawa, 1st round

chorney,edmonton, 2nd round

vandevelde, edmonton, 4th round

http://fightingsioux.xosn.com/SportSelect....amp;SPSID=58685

coming in.....

derrick lapoint, florida, 4th round

incomers that will be drafted this draft for sure.........goalie - brad eidness (08 recruit), forward - brad malone (07) def - ben blood (08)

Malone and Blood I believe are projected 3rd-4th rounders.

Grieco is draft eligible, but I dont think he'll be drafted.

Eidsness is draft eligible but if he is drafted, I think he'll get drafted late 6th round or later.

Trupp and Marto are too old.

Frattin won't be drafted, but is eligible. He's the same age, IIRC as Brian Salcido when he was drafted.

Cichy and Kristo aren't draft eligible yet. I think.

Malone and Blood I believe are projected 3rd-4th rounders.

Grieco is draft eligible, but I dont think he'll be drafted.

Eidsness is draft eligible but if he is drafted, I think he'll get drafted late 6th round or later.

Trupp and Marto are too old.

Frattin won't be drafted, but is eligible. He's the same age, IIRC as Brian Salcido when he was drafted.

Cichy and Kristo aren't draft eligible yet. I think.

eidness has been invited to the nhl draft combine probably a good indication he will be drafted...

The Blackhawks site reports Chris Porter needs to be signed by June 1. But I haven't heard anything if they are signing him, I think he becomes a free agent 60 days after he leaves school if the Blackhawks don't sign him. Is this correct? Anyone hear anything new on signings?

I thought it was August of the graduation year.

I thought it was August of the graduation year.

Well, according to the blackhawks player tracker they say June 1 for Porter. If you check it out there is a pretty nice photo of Toews and story about him playing in the World Championships in Moscow later this month. But I thought I had heard somewhere it was 60 days after leaving school, but I don't know where I saw that.

The Blackhawks site reports Chris Porter needs to be signed by June 1. But I haven't heard anything if they are signing him, I think he becomes a free agent 60 days after he leaves school if the Blackhawks don't sign him. Is this correct? Anyone hear anything new on signings?

In that case he should have left school the day after they drafted him. :silly:

Well, according to the blackhawks player tracker they say June 1 for Porter. If you check it out there is a pretty nice photo of Toews and story about him playing in the World Championships in Moscow later this month. But I thought I had heard somewhere it was 60 days after leaving school, but I don't know where I saw that.

I posted this in another thread but can't find it:

NHL Draft Day Basics

A player not signed by his NHL team within two years of being drafted can re-enter the draft, as long as he is 20 years old or younger at the time of the subsequent draft. Players over 20 become unrestricted free agents.

NCAA players are an exception: NHL teams retain the rights to a college player until 30 days after the player has left college.

::bides time::

::drafts Chris Porter to be my slave::