SiouxSports.com Forum

Zach Parise

FightingSioux98

Parise has 4 goals already in the Devil's playoff series against the Lightning. He had 31 in the season. At 22, he is quickly becoming one of the NHL's best young stars. Keep the goals coming, UND product!

Jeff

I just wish he was a Boston Bruin or a Wild player though. :D

I just wish he was a Boston Bruin or a Wild player though. :D

I actually like him on the Devils, especially since Zajac's there as well. Living in California, I've become a Ducks fan. Then, there really isn't an NHL team that I don't like. It's just an awesome sport and league.

Yeah, Zach has really developed well in the NHL. Definitely one of the rising young stars. Hopefully Zajac can learn along side him on that same line and they can really grow together...which I think they will, especially now that Zajac's got a year under his belt.

Stafford is hopefully the same way. He had that learning curve at first, but after getting another chance he's really played amazing. Good to see we're doing the right thing here at UND with how we're developing players while striving excellence at the collegiate level as a team at the same time.

Parise is all over the ice. Has been an unbelievable player so far in the playoffs. THe EGG line for NJ is the most talented, but the Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner line has by far been the best line for that team.

They're the ZZ Pops line with Langenbrunner being "Pops." :silly:

They're the ZZ Pops line with Langenbrunner being "Pops." :silly:

Parise and Zajac have really played well in this series and they have a good leader on that line in Lange with a lot of playoff experience. These guys play well together, and all will go into the dirty areas and work the puck hard.

On this mornings Sports Center Barry Melrose was talking about the Devils and he said that ZP's not only a great young player, but is now NJ's best forward. He said move over Ellias, Gomez, Gionta, ZP is the go to guy now.

Great to see not only the UND players thriving, but Moorhead's Matt Cullen had the series clinching goal for the Rangers.

On this mornings Sports Center Barry Melrose was talking about the Devils and he said that ZP's not only a great young player, but is now NJ's best forward. He said move over Ellias, Gomez, Gionta, ZP is the go to guy now.

Great to see not only the UND players thriving, but Moorhead's Matt Cullen had the series clinching goal for the Rangers.

Did you see that goal? The puck hit the crossbar then ricocheted down and hit the ice on it's side just behind the goal line, then bounced out. They must have shown the replay 2 dozen times while they were waiting for a review. The puck was moving very fast, and I'm not sure they were going to review it at first.

In a Herald article today they said something about Parise having a very unique goal celebration routine. Anybody know what they're talking about?

You mean it's NOT one where he skates for the nearest camera and tugs at the front of his jersey to showcase the NJ? :(

In a Herald article today they said something about Parise having a very unique goal celebration routine. Anybody know what they're talking about?

Step 1. Zach puts puck in net.

Step 2. Zach realizes he put the puck in the net and his eyes get all wide and he smiles like a kid on Christmas morning.

Step 3. Zach pumps his right fist into the air uppercut style and yells, sometimes profanity comes out of his mouth, or at least it looks like profanity.

Step 4. Zach skates over to Travis and hugs him like there's no tomorrow while jumping up and down with excitement.

Step 5. All other skaters come over to congratulate him and give him a love-tap to the helmet.

Step 6. Zach skates over to the bench to pound the fists of all his teammates in congratulations.

Step 7. Repeat.

Parise has scored about 10 goals in the Devils games I've been to see him play live the past two seasons and this is how it usually goes, of course Travis wasn't there the first year but whatever. I've never seem him do anything outlandish or unique like slam himself into the boards or pop his jersey so I really have no idea what they're talking about.

If anyone wants to watch him celebrate a goal, the game will be streamed live tonight on both Comcast and Yahoo sports.

Step 1. Zach puts puck in net.

Step 2. Zach realizes he put the puck in the net and his eyes get all wide and he smiles like a kid on Christmas morning.

Step 3. Zach pumps his right fist into the air uppercut style and yells, sometimes profanity comes out of his mouth, or at least it looks like profanity.

Step 4. Zach skates over to Travis and hugs him like there's no tomorrow while jumping up and down with excitement.

Step 5. All other skaters come over to congratulate him and give him a love-tap to the helmet.

Step 6. Zach skates over to the bench to pound the fists of all his teammates in congratulations.

Step 7. Repeat.

Parise has scored about 10 goals in the Devils games I've been to see him play live the past two seasons and this is how it usually goes, of course Travis wasn't there the first year but whatever. I've never seem him do anything outlandish or unique like slam himself into the boards or pop his jersey so I really have no idea what they're talking about.

If anyone wants to watch him celebrate a goal, the game will be streamed live tonight on both Comcast and Yahoo sports.

the jersey pop thing is a discussion from between Final Five and Regionals where between the two games there was two Goofers who did it. Please, don't start that conversation again. If I recall, Travis has a good goal celebration too, but i can't seem to find a picture? does anybody remember how his goes?

I'm well aware of the jersey popping incident . . . there's no need for it . . . moving on . . .

Are there really any unique ways to celebrate a goal? One guy on my school's team throws himself as hard into the nearest pane of glass that he can; well then we kinda stopped scoring goals so when one went in the guys usually stood in disbelief, looked up and said a silent thank you to God, with no actual "celebration" taking place.

But uh yeah, as far as Travis goes, his goals are memorable because he and that other kid on his line are so damn excitable. It doesn't matter who actually scores the goal they both always look like you've just told them there really is a Santa Claus and an Easter Bunny.

Parise always jumps up and down, there's a youtube video of it I believe and any goal scored with 9 and 19 on the ice will result in great big hugs.

As for Travis celebrating he usually goes with the "sharp turnaround" from the goal to locate his linemates with both arms extending up into the air, Parise will collide with him at warp speed with arms wide open, and then they will wait for Langs and the D-men to join.

But Scott Gomez goals are the best because he screams "F*** Yeah" like in the theme to Team America.

Zach's been doing the fist pumps as of late, but what's unique about him is how happy he always seems to be when he scores a goal. Not just now in the playoffs, but the first game of the year, the 17th game of the year, the whatever game of the year. The Devils' announcers have commented on it quite a bit this year, and pretty much say that plain and simple, "This kid just loves to play the game" and that's evident on every shift he plays. It's what we saw for 2 years when he was at UND, and it's never stopped since. He's made it to the top level of hockey, but he's never satisified with his performance, and he realizes that what he does for a living is plays a game, and you can see how much fun he has doing that. A lot of players don't appear to feel this same way once they make it to the NHL, and I hope that doesn't happen to Zach for quite a while, because simply put, his joy of playing the game is what makes him so much fun to watch.

the jersey pop thing is a discussion from between Final Five and Regionals where between the two games there was two Goofers who did it.

Gee, thanks for the 4-1-1. I had no idea what people are talking about when they refer to the jersey pop. :)

I remember one commentator saying that he differentiates the players that stake toward their teammates after scoring a goal from those that skate away from their teammates. Kind of a team vs. selfish attitude. Zach always goes directly to his teammates. Since I heard the topic discussed I noticed one ex-Sioux that, not surprisingly, generally does the exact opposite.

I remember one commentator saying that he differentiates the players that stake toward their teammates after scoring a goal from those that skate away from their teammates. Kind of a team vs. selfish attitude. Zach always goes directly to his teammates. Since I heard the topic discussed I noticed one ex-Sioux that, not surprisingly, generally does the exact opposite.

Jaaaaaaaaasooooon Blaaaaaaaake!

of course hes a team guy..he is god for parise sake :)

Not only does Zach go to the player who scored, but he's usually more excited than the player who scored the goal. It always looks like the player is thinking in his mind, "Dude, relax...it's just a goal." :) Zach loves the game and it always shines through.