SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie is Staying!

Siouxhockey03

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, we got 3/4 of the guys we thought would have the biggest impact on us if they left, now all we need is Jonny....come on buddy, please stay!!

thats a sweet sig. i have to argue that we have 3/5 of the guys that would be a big hit.

ok, we got 3/4 of the guys we thought would have the biggest impact on us if they left, now all we need is Jonny....come on buddy, please stay!!

What if the judge in his "Judy's incident" hearing were to sentence him to one year of community service, ie. playing hockey for UND for one more year. I guess then he would have to stay. :lol:

YEAH one of the guys over on the Carolina Hurricanes official fan message board made it for me. who would the 5th be? Lee? Finley?

i would say lee, even though finley is huge for the team. finley is IMO a developer like boyle for BC, therefore i would personally put finley as a 3 or even 4 year player.

i would say lee, even though finley is huge for the team. finley is IMO a developer like boyle for BC, therefore i would personally put finley as a 3 or even 4 year player.

yeah i dont personally think he needs to leave. Finley needs some more development, especially with not losing his manin the defensive zone. he's got alot of work and maybe Blood will come in a teach him a few things :-D

yeah i dont personally think he needs to leave. Finley needs some more development, especially with not losing his manin the defensive zone. he's got alot of work and maybe Blood will come in a teach him a few things :-D

or maybe Finley will teach him a few things :D. And I don't think Finley should leave just yet he's shown a lot of progress in the second half of the season. I think another year would be great for him and the team :lol:. As for Toews he's ready to go but it's up to him whether or not he wants to stay another year and have another shot at a national title and conditioning or start making money. Hopefully Brian Lee doesn't leave. Sure he made me angry a couple of games where he made stupid mistakes but he's also shown some great defensive work. In the end I hope NO underclassmen leave! ^_^

What if the judge in his "Judy's incident" hearing were to sentence him to one year of community service, ie. playing hockey for UND for one more year. I guess then he would have to stay. :lol:

And you give me a hard time for trying to inject logic and reason into threads. This, my boy, is the answer. We need to get this to the GF City Attorney's office immediately.

Can you imagine the phone conversation?

JToews: Um, Mr. Tallon? This is Jonathan. Toews, sir. From North Dakota.

(Blackhawk's GM) Dale Tallon: Yes, Jon. I remember who you are. Ready to sign young man? We're ready to make you the rookie max. And we found some incentives we can include that will knock your socks off Jon.

JToews: Um, yes sir. Well, you see, um, there's something that's come up sir. Here in Grand Forks.

Tallon: What is it Jon? Do we have to put off the press conference for a couple of days? That's fine. We can set it up for next week sometime. Make sure we have enough time to get the Gulfstream there and to Winnipeg to pick up your folks.

JToews: Well sir, it's a bit more complicated than that.

Tallon: Complicated? What's going on son? What's this about?

JToews: Well sir, you recall that little, um, incident? You know, me and Robbie and TJ. At the bar, sir. You do recall that, don't you?

Tallon: Yes, yes, yes Jon. Don't worry about that. Boys will be boys and all that. But what's that got to do with anything Jon?

JToews: Well sir. Its all rather strange. In fact, no one seems to recall this ever happening here before, but it seems I can't leave college for a year, sir.

Tallon: What's that Jon? I missed that last part.

JToews: Sir, it seems I can't leave Grand Forks County except to go to amateur hockey games, sir.

Tallon: WHAT!?! WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT JON?!?

JToews: Sorry sir. You don't need to yell. I can hear you very well. I'm sorry about this. But the law's the law. I can't play for you next year. Not without breaking the law sir.

Tallon: What are you saying Jon? What do you mean?

JToews: Well, sir. The judge found us guilty sir. Of being minors on the premises sir. And she sentenced TJ and I to one-year of community service, sir.

Tallon: So you come down here and give some speeches Jon. We'll parade you through the schools and the youth rinks. You can still sign with us. We'll have the plane there Friday in fact. Tell you folks we'll put you all up on Lakeshore for the weekend.

JToews: Well, yes, Mr. Tallon, that'd be nice and all, but this judge sir. She says I can't leave town except to go to an amateur hockey game. You know, like a college game, or a World Juniors game. It's just happened sir. Mr. Tallon.

Tallon: You are kidding me, right Jon? This is some kind of late April Fools joke. Do they have April Fools in Canada Jon? Is it on a different day there. You know, like your Thanksgiving is different, right? So this is a joke, right?

JToews: Um, well, no sir. It isn't a joke at all. You see the judge, sir. Its all right here in the sentencing order sir. It is official and everything.

Tallon: WTF is going on here Jon? Get me the name of that judge young man. I'll get on the phone and get this straightened out RF now. What's the name? You got the phone number there?

JToews: Welll sir. I don't know about that. I think I just want to follow the order sir. No disrespect, sir. But this is a judge and all, and well, you know. Its the law, sir. I'll just stay here for next season, and we'll see what happens then. I still am very excited about putting on a Blackhawks sweater sir. I think they're really awesome looking. I'll be there, but just not til next year, sir.

Tallon: Jon, we're going to get to the bottom of this. This is utter horses***! Who is this judge? I'll get legal on it, Jon. We'll get this all straightened out real quick.

JToews: Well, yes sir. You do what you have to do. But I think I'll just stay here like the judge ordered, sir. Look, Mr. Tallon. I've got to get going here. I've got an Algebra test in the morning and I really have to study for it. I'll talk to you later, sir. And Mr. Tallon? I'm really sorry about this.

Tallon: Okay Jon. Like I said, we'll get legal on it. We'll get this fixed up. Don't worry about anything.

JToews: Um, yes sir. I'll see you in a year or so. Good bye sir. And good luck in the draft. I can't wait to see who you pick first. I'll talk to you later sir.

(Hangs up)

JToews (to room full of Fighting Sioux team mates): I think he bought it guys! I'm back!