SiouxSports.com Forum

Puffy Picks the Frozen Four

Goon

Puffy aka Jeff Dubay picked the Maine Black Bears to beat the MSU Spartans in what they refered to as the under card.

In game game two: Puffy picks the B.C. eagles to beat the Sioux. No shocker here. Jeff has been wrong in his picks all year long.

Edited by Goon

Puffy aka Jeff Dubay picked the Maine Black Bears to be the MSU Spartans in what they refer to as the under card

In the night game Puffy picks the B.C. eagles to beat the Sioux. No shocker here. Jeff has been wrong in his picks all year long.

This is a good omen. Look for a rematch of the 87 game.

I honestly don't want to see UND play Maine if we win today.

They man handled us in October. Of course UND could also be seething from that lose and be ready to extract some revenge.

They man handled us in October. Of course UND could also be seething from that lose and be ready to extract some revenge.

I wonder what has changed? Two weeks ago he was ready to make love to the entire roster.

Puffy is a fat dweeb. His hatred for the Sioux is so intense, especially given the Holy Cross sweater wearing by a lot of Sioux fans, that he can not cheer for them at all. He said he's rooting for BC tonight over the Sioux. I absolutely hate the Gophers and cheer for every WCHA team over them but I cheer for the Gophers when they play the east or CCHA clowns. PA and Dubay is a show that generates nausea. They must have had a tough time finding people to do such a show here in MN to get those two. One would think that there had to be a much better duo out there.

Puffy is a fat dweeb. His hatred for the Sioux is so intense, especially given the Holy Cross sweater wearing by a lot of Sioux fans, that he can not cheer for them at all. He said he's rooting for BC tonight over the Sioux. I absolutely hate the Gophers and cheer for every WCHA team over them but I cheer for the Gophers when they play the east or CCHA clowns. PA and Dubay is a show that generates nausea. They must have had a tough time finding people to do such a show here in MN to get those two. One would think that there had to be a much better duo out there.

Puffy is childish. His feelings were hurt by the Holy Cross loss and the Sioux fans not willing to console the Gopher fans. That's ok. He's so bad at predicting he wouldn't be able to predict whether or not water is wet without first consulting a few friends of his.

I still remember rooting for the Gophers against UNH in the NC game. Maybe it is because I don't think HEA is as good as they think they are. They just have a better marketing department.

I still remember rooting for the Gophers against UNH in the NC game. Maybe it is because I don't think HEA is as good as they think they are. They just have a better marketing department.

That plus the usual eastern bias.

That plus the usual eastern bias.

Eastern bias, to me, comes from certain websites and media outlets, not from teams, fans, or officials.

Go back and watch ESPN as soon as it was known that BC would face UND in the 2000 NC game then count how many BC references vs UND references there were. ESPN even rode the bus with UNH to "see their perspective." There was no such coverage of UND or Minnesota. Just the usual platitudes.

THAT is Eastern bias. In this case, eastern bias doesn't have much to do with my opinion. I've stopped watching ESPN before game time. I haven't watched ESPN pregame since the UNH/Minnesota tilt because I felt it was really nothing more than an Eastern promotional network. There is no hockey west of the Mississippi according to ESPN unless contraversy or unquestionable players come there. That's why we keep such rapt attention to players like Drew Stafford, Zach Parise, and Travis Zajac even though they are in the NHL now. Their success FORCES the eastern media to acknowledge UND because fans want to know where the heck they came from.

The day ESPN pays equal attention to both teams in the NC game, be it UND/MSU or UMass vs. SCSU or whatever likely or unlikely permutation you can dream up, the better the coverage will be. But right now, the Bristol, CT media giant has its blinders firmly in place.

Game 1: Lamoureux plays poorly. Toews leaves half way through the game with a bad shoulder. Oshie breaks his thumb. The Sioux give up five unanswered goals in the second period. UND loses 6-2.

Game 2: Toews doesn't play. Oshie plays with a broken thumb. Lamoureux plays well, but Bishop plays better. The Sioux give up two unanswered goals in the second period. UND loses 3-1.

UND's differences between then and now:

1. The DOT Line is healthy

2. Much better power play (Sioux went 1-11 in that series)

3. Much better penalty kill (Maine had three PPG in the series)

4. Fewer bad penalties

5. More scoring from the blue line

From the first half of the season to the second half, UND increased its average goals per game by nearly a goal and decreased its goals against per game by a goal. I don't know if Maine is any better now than it was then, but I do know that UND is a much improved team.

Puffy aka Jeff Dubay picked the Maine Black Bears to be the MSU Spartans in what they refer to as the under card

In the night game Puffy picks the B.C. eagles to beat the Sioux. No shocker here. Jeff has been wrong in his picks all year long.

In other words the KISS OF DEATH for BC. :sad:

Game 1: Lamoureux plays poorly. Toews leaves half way through the game with a bad shoulder. Oshie breaks his thumb. The Sioux give up five unanswered goals in the second period. UND loses 6-2.

Game 2: Toews doesn't play. Oshie plays with a broken thumb. Lamoureux plays well, but Bishop plays better. The Sioux give up two unanswered goals in the second period. UND loses 3-1.

4. Fewer bad penalties

From the first half of the season to the second half, UND increased its average goals per game by nearly a goal and decreased its goals against per game by a goal. I don't know if Maine is any better now than it was then, but I do know that UND is a much improved team.

PCM is awesome, :sad: I was looking for the silver lining (some where other than my graying hair) and I knew PCM would bring it out.

This year I pledge not to make any grand predictions and have laid off them,every game we have played since the final five is a gift and should be enjoyed. Now I am hopefully ready to enjoy an 8th title. I didn't want to give the team any bad mojo, so I will just roll with it. Even on my blog I stayed away from that kiss of death type prediction. One thing I have noticed is the look in Chirs Porter's eye when he is interviewed. The man is all focus and humble.

His leadership could very have rubbed off on the other players in the room. This is kind of a curtain call for the Sioux hockey team especially the three Seniors as the make up of the Fighting Sioux hockey team will be very different next year.

4. Fewer bad penalties

This post explains exactly why the Sioux were tanking their games between the Maine series and Christmas. When the season is over ask Oshie just how badly broken his thumb really was and you will all understand why his scoring touch didn't return until late in the season. Limit the weak goals, D breakdowns and dumb penalties and this team is ready to defeat the remaining three teams. Go Sioux

I also don't believe that Maine is unbeatable either, especially since UMASS beat them four times this season.

So I expect if the Sioux match up against them they will take care of business.