SiouxSports.com Forum

Cory Schneider

Fetch

If BC and UND each play their BEST games, it will be Sioux 3-1.

The best way to stop the DOT line is by outmuscling them along the boards, big defensemen have a hard time doing this, and because of BC's smaller defensemen (in general), I see that causing a lot of problems when the DOT is on the ice, especially during powerplays.

York said he's matching his top D pair, big guys, on the DOT line.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few comments...

• I don't see a significant difference in size between BC's defensemen and UND's
  • You'd be wrong to assume that BC can't play the physical game
  • Duncan and Gerbe are two of the most dynamic players yet also the two smallest

You better hope someone else does because UND has won very few games when the other lines haven't contributed.

I agree. My feeling is the Sioux will need at least 4 goals tonite, and that might only get them to overtime. If they get 5 in regulation, they will win. They will need some players to produce besides the DOT line.

I was hoping he'd put his worst d against the DOT line

I don't think it's the D that is going to make a true difference on that line. It's up to the forwards playing D. I'd almost leave the Sioux D open and send more players on DOT.

A few comments...
  • I don't see a significant difference in size between BC's defensemen and UND's

• Duncan and Gerbe are two of the most dynamic players yet also the two smallest

Agree with most of your points, but if BC wants to go toe to toe from a physicality stand point, that will play into UND's hands. And I don't see UND coming out with the bloody nose after 60 minutes!

BC's game is built on speed, great defense and experience. I don't expect them to play into UND's hands nor do I expect them to let themselves be bashed around the ice.

i don't think that any of the teams the sioux have played have "let themselves get bashed around the ice" but, somehow, they did

A few comments...

I think the Sioux might have wrongly assumed that last year and they paid for it. I also agree with all your points.

The key to beating UND is not just containing the DOT Line. The key to to keep the other Sioux lines off the scoreboard.

The Sioux record is unbelieveable when a line other than the 1st line scores. I believe its in the .800s or .900

I agree. My feeling is the Sioux will need at least 4 goals tonite, and that might only get them to overtime. If they get 5 in regulation, they will win. They will need some players to produce besides the DOT line.

Against Schneider that shouldn't be a problem since he was given up a lot of goals the last two times UND has played them.

Against Schneider that shouldn't be a problem since he was given up a lot of goals the last two times UND has played them.

Those were different teams in different seasons. Do you think BC will put up 6 tonight?

Those were different teams in different seasons.

Yes, but we went into both those games hearing about the greatness of Schneider. Perhaps tonight he will impress this Sioux fan. He hasn't done it yet.

Yes, but we went into both those games hearing about the greatness of Schneider. Perhaps tonight he will impress this Sioux fan. He hasn't done it yet.

You didn't hear about his greatness 2 years ago. He was a freshman thrown in because York had lost confidence in Matti Kaltiainen. If he's as unimpressive as he was last year vs. UND and BC gets the win I'll find a way to live with that.

Those were different teams in different seasons. Do you think BC will put up 6 tonight?

Only if Lammy gives up 2 in the first minute of periods 1 and 2 like he did against Michigan and that won't happen. The better odds are that Rosie runs for President on the Republican ticket in 2008 than BC hanging 6 on Lammy!!

You guys out east just don't get it - Sure the weaker leagues can get lucky - or we can have a bad game - But Cory would be a average, to below average Goalie in the WCHA :sad:

Did you guys play Maine early in the yr, or later in the yr ?

You didn't hear about his greatness 2 years ago. He was a freshman thrown in because York had lost confidence in Matti Kaltiainen. If he's as unimpressive as he was last year vs. UND and BC gets the win I'll find a way to live with that.

Yeah he was impressive last year giving up 5 goals against the Sioux.

Give me Vegas odds on that and Lou, I'll buy you the Kool-Aid stand with my winnings!

Sarcasum not me not one bit. :sad: I am always very austere ;) and always a very serious and business like person. I don't drink Kool Aid either unless its spiked.

Edited by Goon

I know this thread is CORY SCHNEIDER, but let's give credit where credit is due. Lammy was on the WCHA and West Regional All-tourney teams. He may not be Schneider-like :sad: , but I like what he brings to this team and I expect him to bring it tonight.