SiouxSports.com Forum

Student Special on Al's charter

Whoosh

Call Al Pearson at his home number (701-775-6859). He will give the first 15 UND college students who call a "deal" on his bus.

Ha, I think I know what that "deal" would be...initiation! I remember going on that bus when I was 19 for shits and giggles...the oldest person on the bus had turned, what YaneA, 92? They had a keg on the back of the bus, took a liking to calling me "Rookie" the entire trip to Duluth, and told me my glass better be empty every time the beer pitcher came around from the keg. Best hockey trip I've been on! ???

three friends and i took al's bus to a st cloud playoff football game a couple years back. we were clearly the youngest people there by a good 10 years, but it was an amazing trip. who doesn't love getting drunk at 8 am with a bunch of 50 year olds while talking about the sioux?

if i could have gotten this time off work, i'd almost take the bus over riding in a cramped car with family. nothing like hanging out with some new sioux friends and enjoying a couple (15-20 :D )cold ones.

three friends and i took al's bus to a st cloud playoff football game a couple years back. we were clearly the youngest people there by a good 10 years, but it was an amazing trip. who doesn't love getting drunk at 8 am with a bunch of 50 year olds while talking about the sioux?

if i could have gotten this time off work, i'd almost take the bus over riding in a cramped car with family. nothing like hanging out with some new sioux friends and enjoying a couple (15-20 :D )cold ones.

Yeah it's tough to be cramped in with family, but I'd take cramped and "free" than riding on a bus and "paying my own way" anytime.

I also rode with them for the Final Five. It was 04-05 (I believe). The 5-4 loss to the gophers in the championship game.

Anyway, it's quite a ride. The keg was tapped before I got there at 6:15. As soon as the bus hits the road there's somebody going up and down the bus isle with a pitcher filled with beer filling people's cups.

Definitely a fun time.

Ha, I think I know what that "deal" would be...initiation! I remember going on that bus when I was 19 for shits and giggles...the oldest person on the bus had turned, what YaneA, 92? They had a keg on the back of the bus, took a liking to calling me "Rookie" the entire trip to Duluth, and told me my glass better be empty every time the beer pitcher came around from the keg. Best hockey trip I've been on! :sad:

I'm shocked you remember any of it. :D???