SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show

PCM

Disclaimer: This is a summary of the weekly Fighting Sioux Coaches Show. It is NOT a verbatim transcript of the show. Comments by the show's hosts and the coaches are paraphrased to the best of the author's ability and are NOT direct quotes. This summary contains selected highlights from the show and is NOT a comprehensive account of all topics covered or discussed. This broadcast summary represents the interpretation of the author and is not associated in any manner with SiouxSports.com, the University of North Dakota or US College Hockey Online. This summary MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED without the express written permission of the author.

From the Green Mill, it's the Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show with UND hockey coach Dave Hakstol and hosts Tim Hennessy and Scott Swygman. Sioux players Chris Porter and Erik Fabian are guests.

(I missed the first minute or two, so we

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the post game show, and I came away with a feeling that Michigan didn't respect ND at all, even after losing. The attitude was clear from Red down through Hensick.

"I was sick of hearing what he was saying"

pretty stupid to sit virtually your last ten minutes of your college career.

I know it was an excuse Lucia must have given, but I must have missed it. What was the full story on this?

Since the Goofs dive (coincidently, occurring during the Sioux's rise), an ongoing excuse for a Goofy lose has been that the Goofs' WJC players were still tired from playing in the Juniors and the trip to and back from Europe. Two other consistent excuses were the Goofs' youth and the Goofs' injuries.

My tongue in cheek post was to show those Gopher supporters trolling amongst us> Hak doesn't make excuses. He places the blame right where it belongs. He also gives credit where it's due.

I love Fighting Sioux hockey!!! The best hockey program in the country!!!

That press conference by Red was a disgrace. Talk about entitlement hockey.

I'd like to give him a pass. He got eliminated in a wild game where his team lost all discipline. I'd be upset.

But on the other hand he's been doing this longer than anyone and he should be able to get through a press conference. The other thing is that he apparently hasn't instilled a lot of interview saavy in his team. At least make them watch Bull Durham.

You're gonna have to learn your clich

Since the Goofs dive (coincidently, occurring during the Sioux's rise), an ongoing excuse for a Goofy lose has been that the Goofs' WJC players were still tired from playing in the Juniors and the trip to and back from Europe. Two other consistent excuses were the Goofs' youth and the Goofs' injuries.

My tongue in cheek post was to show those Gopher supporters trolling amongst us> Hak doesn't make excuses. He places the blame right where it belongs. He also gives credit where it's due.

I love Fighting Sioux hockey!!! The best hockey program in the country!!!

Talk about a guy that gives the other team props, while other coaches makes excuses, goaltending night mare, no puck luck, the officating wasn't up to snuff on and on: RED I had a football coach say one time that win as a team and lose as a team, but in doing either you show some class and respect for the other team.

Hak might even be humble all most to a fault. Very complimentry. No entitlement. I can respect that a lot.

Lucia wasn't too bad during his press conference.

I'd like to give him a pass. He got eliminated in a wild game where his team lost all discipline. I'd be upset.

But on the other hand he's been doing this longer than anyone and he should be able to get through a press conference.

Last season at the West Regional in Grand Forks, Red was very complimentary to the Sioux and very tactful and diplomatic with his answers. So it's not as if he doesn't know how to be that way. For whatever reason, he chose not to be this time.

But on the other hand he's been doing this longer than anyone and he should be able to get through a press conference. The other thing is that he apparently hasn't instilled a lot of interview saavy in his team. At least make them watch Bull Durham.

*Gulp, swallows bile*

I have to agree with you. Lucia wasn't too bad (pain, horrible pain, head..) during the Western Regional post game press conference.

*hugging porcelain*

That how I felt after I put a Goofer Jersey on.

Last season at the West Regional in Grand Forks, Red was very complimentary to the Sioux and very tactful and diplomatic with his answers. So it's not as if he doesn't know how to be that way. For whatever reason, he chose not to be this time.

I don't know, of course, but

I think Red and Hensick (sp) were pissed about the 10 minute misconduct and truly believe that lost them the game. In that scenario, Hensick (sp) lost the game. There was no Fighting Sioux player involved in that call.

Maybe it was easier to be disrespectful to the Fighting Sioux team than it would have been to say his star pulled a bonehead stunt that may have cost them the game.