SiouxSports.com Forum

SS.com Frozen Four ID's

UNDLAW

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No i have not answered this on SS yet but its a kinda long story but here it is:

I play hockey here in Australia (i know what you are all thinking but YES we do play down here) and through hockey i play with a buddy now who is 5 - 6 years older than me who played at Shattuck St Marys with Brady Murray, Zach Parise, Jordan Parise, Matt Smaby, just to mention a few. Once he came back he told me of these players he played with and hung out with while at school (i remember he told me he skipped a field trip with Brady Murray once) who moved onto the Fighting Sioux. I was just amazed by these talented players that werent too much older than me playing college hockey, they seemed, and still are, awesome to me (a 14 year old at the time) I just followed over the internet every week, and since then the "obsession" as my mates would say, has grown and I am on the internet reading, watching and following at least three times a day.

I love Sioux mens hockey and everything about it and can not wait until the FF next week.

I see it this way that to follow the sioux from grand forks or majority of the USA isn't too hard (i think) there are games on TV and other sources of fighting sioux hockey. Where as being a fan in Australia takes 10 times the effort as footage is impossible to find. I didnt see a sioux game until last year when they made it to the frozen four for the first time since ESPN decided to play it in Australia. Since then the only source of sioux footage is webcasts and i am on listening or watching every weekend even if i have to pay because i love Sioux Hockey.

I hope you could understand that.

between periods I will be the the one standing next to proudsioux in the keystone line hoping he will buy me a 32oz'er :D

If we lose to BC I will be the one walking around with a sharp scissor sticking out of my eye socket :D

Other than these two things i will be dressed in my black subtle FIGHTING SIOUX attire ............... skate to #8

Are they going to serve beer in STL or will it be like milwaukee was last year?

i did get a gamer from that game , it was quin fylling's. but i always keep fat pockets at frozen 4's in case i need to go up to someone and offer them some cashola for their jersey :D it works

oh yeah, dont think about jumping me for any cashola as i will be strapped with some heat :D

But you will be such an easy target, with a walking boot/cast on. Then again, crutches are weapons!

No i have not answered this on SS yet but its a kinda long story but here it is:

I play hockey here in Australia (i know what you are all thinking but YES we do play down here) and through hockey i play with a buddy now who is 5 - 6 years older than me who played at Shattuck St Marys with Brady Murray, Zach Parise, Jordan Parise, Matt Smaby, just to mention a few. Once he came back he told me of these players he played with and hung out with while at school (i remember he told me he skipped a field trip with Brady Murray once) who moved onto the Fighting Sioux. I was just amazed by these talented players that werent too much older than me playing college hockey, they seemed, and still are, awesome to me (a 14 year old at the time) I just followed over the internet every week, and since then the "obsession" as my mates would say, has grown and I am on the internet reading, watching and following at least three times a day.

I love Sioux mens hockey and everything about it and can not wait until the FF next week.

I see it this way that to follow the sioux from grand forks or majority of the USA isn't too hard (i think) there are games on TV and other sources of fighting sioux hockey. Where as being a fan in Australia takes 10 times the effort as footage is impossible to find. I didnt see a sioux game until last year when they made it to the frozen four for the first time since ESPN decided to play it in Australia. Since then the only source of sioux footage is webcasts and i am on listening or watching every weekend even if i have to pay because i love Sioux Hockey.

Great story, man. I hope you have a rewarding trip!

Aussie:

When is your flight into Minneapolis. If you can get money back, maybe you can just catch a cab to my house and ride to St. Louis with me and my friends and save the money on the flight to GF and then on to St. Louis. PM me or respond here and I will make arrangements, if necessary, to pick you up at the MSP airport.

You game?

And, SS.com people, I expect everyone to sneak Aussie beers at the bar when we get there!

I'll probably be wearing my gold MTU jersey that says "MeanEgirl" on the back... though I might take it off to show my green and white underneath.

Oh yeah, another dead giveaway... look for the sign...

n6601573_30497308_5202.jpg

JUST KIDDING!! .. I'll leave that at home for these games. :D :D

GO SIOUX!!

That's one of the best stories that I have ever heard!!! I'm so excited to hear that you are coming to the Frozen Four this year... prepare to be amazed!!! I hope that you find that all Sioux fans, and college hockey fans in general, are amazing and nice as I have found. Hopefully I'll get the chance to meet ya too!!!

That's one of the best stories that I have ever heard!!! I'm so excited to hear that you are coming to the Frozen Four this year... prepare to be amazed!!! I hope that you find that all Sioux fans, and college hockey fans in general, are amazing and nice as I have found. Hopefully I'll get the chance to meet ya too!!!

LOL I must have told it well, but i have already found that Sioux fans are amazing and nice just from chattin about the this FF trip. yes i hope to meet you there, CANT WAIT I WANT TO LEAVE NOW!!!

So whos making the buttons? Are we making our own? Whrs UNDLAW?

This is a "give me some ideas" thread, not a "I have the answer for you" thread. As of right now, I will probably just carry around some "Hi! My name is ______" stickers with a black marker and wing it.

Unless, of course, someone can land us a "Sioux Spot" in STL with some confirmed attendance and then I will try and have personalized buttons and a sign up sheet.

Oh brother. Is this suitable to talk about on a family website? What do you consider "naughty?" :lol: I have shamed my mother...ah well.

DHG was seen doing the exact same thing while riding the zamboni between periods at the FF a few years ago.