SiouxSports.com Forum

Press Conference UND vs Minnesota

The Walrus

I went back to listen. He said, "nice job,man" I think to Philippe, someone in the audience said something and he said, 'pass it on', and then someone asked a question and he said, 'Zach, Zach Jones'

I thought they said "nice job with the alternating hats" but I did hear someone mention Jones too. Now I'll have to go back and listen.

Did Lucia let anybody finish asking a question before he jumped in with his answer?

I thought they said "nice job with the alternating hats" but I did hear someone mention Jones too. Now I'll have to go back and listen.

They did mention the hats, Hakstol and Phil had them on forward. Duncan and Porter had them on backwards.

I also heard Jones's name but not sure what about.

Did Lucia let anybody finish asking a question before he jumped in with his answer?

They did mention the hats, Hakstol and Phil had them on forward. Duncan and Porter had them on backwards.

I also heard Jones's name but not sure what about.

Yep both are true. They mentioned the alternating hats, then another person asked Porter about the hard hat and he said "had to pass it on" "Jones, Zach Jones"

Listening to Lucia on the press conference.............he wasn't really giving excuses but I found this a bit funny.....

First he said Goligoski had a broken finger, then later on he said he had a broken hand. Come tomorrow, it will have spread into he had a broken arm and an amputated leg and that ended up being the reason Puff Puff gives for them losing.

There are times when I think Lucia is a pompous arrogant a$$. Tonight wasn't one of them, sure he was upset and disappointed but I thought he gave UND proper respect(obviously if these teams played 10 times, you would probably have 6 great games like the last 2 and 2 like at the John in our favor and we would probably be on the short end of a couple like that as well) unlike a certain other coach(who did the same $hitr last year) and the questions from a couple members of the press were ridiculous...asking them if they quit??? after Barriball's goal, asking a player and then the coach if guys were leaving early.....what did they think Goligoski was going to say "Yeah, I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I am going pro"

I am not or ever will be a Gopher fan, but this Gopher team has earned my respect as a fan of hockey more than any other that they have had in the last 10-12 years(not a lot of cake eaters on this squad)

I agree with Petey. I have often times thought that Lucia comes off arrogant in interviews, but tonight he was classy all the way. Unlike Berenson, he didn't make excuses or blame the refs. It was just a hard fought game and this time it was the Sioux's turn. Classy. Makes me stomache the Gophers a little more. :silly: Can't wait for the rematch next season!