SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats Sioux fan!

GoldyBodie

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooray for the Sioux. They killed off a full 5 minute penalty and hung in there to beat a very talented team for the right to go to the Frozen Four. As I was saying to my wife at some point in the middle of the 3rd period, "It really is a shame that these two outstanding teams have to be playing in this regional tourney, and one won't get into the finals." I really don't know if I could have pulled for the Gophers if they had won, but I guess I don't have to worry about it now, do I?

Congrats to Hak, Cary, and Dane. And "congrats and get some rest" to the boys in black an green. I think that the AC/DC song could become a new anthem for these guys if they keep this up!

Agreed. This game should have been played in St.Louis.

What a game and what a finish! The Sioux worked much harder in OT and deserved to win this game. I will have to say though after reading 25 plus pages of the game thread that all of you must have been sitting next to me at the Final Five tourney. I have never in my life seen and read so much whining and complaining. A lot of you, (and you know who you are) are a disgrace to the great game of hockey. It's one thing to be a fanatic about your team but it's another to constantly bit&&& and moan about every call and every penalty. I bet 40-50% of the thread contained this crap. Anyway, good luck in the FF.

Blah blah blah.

How about 16,000 gopher fans bitching at Shepard last week when the goal was waived off. It's a freaking replay. Is he really going to screw up the call? And after watching it on tape myself, it was the right call. Lucky you didn't get a penalty for interfering with the goalie too.

There was plenty of whining by gopher fans in that rink about officiating.

i'm sure you were one of the UM fans last saturday telling me it was the best college hockey games of all time. what'ya think about this one? imo i think it was even better. :ohmy: btw, say hi to flag guy when you talk him off the ledge. see ya next year.

Who is fagguy?

I echo those thoughts. Congrats, enjoy, and, well, good luck.

EDIT: Note to self, read more carefully. I am not complaining about anyone whining.....I don't echo those thoughts.

Thanks ... we have to stop meeting like this. My heart, and liver, can't take it. :ohmy::silly: Congrats on a fine season, and I'm sure we'll see you in a few months. :)

I've already posted some bile but what I prefer to post is along these lines. Can you think of 2 such evenly played contests between 2 teams in a short period of time in playoff situations? It's pretty clear these are 2 very evenly matched teams, in some respects very similar but each with some different strong points. Play again in a week and the Gophers would probably win the next one, etc.

It could be that Goligoski's hand injury and Okposo being a little under the weather were the difference tonite. Whether it was or wasn't I'll take the result.

Wow.

I don't even want to know what my pulse rate was throughout the game.

I had all the fixings for a Red Pepper ham grinder with taco meat over at a close buddy's place but I couldn't even work up an appetite for the first 2 periods. I finally choked down a small sammy at the start of the 3rd. I didn't sit for the rest of the game. Couldn't sit still.

I rest my case...................................You can't even be civil after winning.

Wow, you're classic.

I am confused by the Bina tripping call, but I'm not complaining. WE WON!!

I didn't want to like that call but after seeing the replay I had no problem with it.

Congrats on a very good year to the Gophers. I still don't know if I'd cheer for them even if they were the only WCHA team in the Frozen Four, but all the quotes and the press conferences that I've read or heard out of the Gophers after tonights game have been class acts. Anyway, thanks to the Gopher fans for their encouragement and support after a tough loss. And as many have said, it's a shame this game had to be played in a Regional and not in the Frozen Four or for all the biscuits. Hats off to the Gophers for a good game and a good year.

Chandler23

he's the guy they always show on tv with a goofer colored flag draped around him. he was even interviewed by dog wog before a game. you'll know him becuase he's the one calling you a nazi after the Sioux spank his beloved team.

he's the guy they always show on tv with a goofer colored flag draped around him. he was even interviewed by dog wog before a game. you'll know him becuase he's the one calling you a nazi after the Sioux spank his beloved team.

I sat two rows behind him (the guy is a true blue a$$, mouthy telling the Sioux fans we are racist, etc.), ole flag guy and his life partner are gonna have to sit and wait and wish till next year.

and they made sure he was on the tube again during todays game, gold and maroon striped flag with some letter on it ?

Congrats to Carman (forgive me if I misspelled that name) for the huge celebration and jersey pop with 57 minutes to go...really helped the Sioux team gather their focus...

Seriously though, what a great game for college hockey fans. I'm so glad the Sioux won because I've had my airline tickets and hotel for months now. I would not have cheered for the Gophers in any event because of the above mentioned conduct, conduct that seems so universal on that team. Please compare Carman's goal celebration to Bina's. Who knows the game is sixty minutes (at least) and who doesn't?

I believe it was Chris Farley in Tommy Boy who said it best after watching a deer (that had been presumed dead) rip its way through the top of David Spade's convertible:

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

You are correct, kvinbe. He also followed it up with another good line to David Spade, who was beside himself and almost in tears after seeing his car [team] destroyed.

"Sorry about your car [team]...man...that sucks..."

tommy-boy-holy-schneike-edition-20050824033744474.jpg

You type some kind words there Greayeagle. However, please tell everyone on this site exactly who you will be cheering in the BC/UND game.

Probably BC.....I've always like their program, the way they play, and their colors. :silly:

Should be a great game but I won't be able to watch it.

Probably BC.....I've always like their program, the way they play, and their colors. :silly:

Should be a great game but I won't be able to watch it.

I'd have the same reaction if things were reversed. Thanks for being a classy Gopher fan Greyeagle.

Dang that loss sucked, but at least the Gophers lost to a great team playing excellent hockey. I was disappointed with how much trouble the Gophers had putting more than 2 passes together and breaking out of the zone (one of their strengths for much of the season) but I think the speed of UND caused them to be a bit jumpy and that pressure made the tape to tape passes hard to come by. I was also bummed that a wrap-around goal was the deciding one but that's how OT goes so often.

I'm also disappointed that the Gophers PP continued to do exactly what I said they can't do - try to create everything from the blue-line via one-timers instead of getting the puck down low and cycling in the zone to create passing lanes and opportunities for shots on net. Too many shots were blocked and/or never reached the net and UND's PK is great at putting pressure on the PP unit - they don't sit back and wait for something to happen.

That said UND won the game fair and square and deserve to represent the WCHA in the FF. I can't sincerely say I'll be standing up and cheering for you all but I sincerely wish you good luck!

You know...after last weekend's loss in St. Paul and the countless Gopher fans who "hassled" us after the game, I have this to say to you: "Good season".

We were yelled at a lot on the walk from the Xcel to the hotel. My favorite was when the drunk homeless guy yelled "Go Gophers!" at us. Looking back at now, it was all worth it.

Next time he does ask him if his flag is inflammable. :silly:

• 2 weeks later...

oooppps sorry...typo...I meant who is flagguy?

wow OMG FAGGUY that was so original I had to respond... Im only doing this one post on here...then truly don't care. Im glad a handful of Sioux fans don't like me.... ohh well Ive tipped a few beers back with a lot more people on here then those that have the problem with me. Not to mention had a blast at games with them, even as recent as Denver at Brooklyn's... as for the guy that called me a "a-hole" on this or the BOOO thread... Maybe you should talk to the idiots yelling Hersch needs a straight jacket or the one TOUGH sioux fan that tripped the 50yr old gopher lady to the ground after the Wheeler goal... So ya if those were the times you heard my comments...I back them 100%....

no ledge here....a mountain almost but no ledge...haha

Flag guy is a complete ass! Wonder what he is saying right now. Unfortunately most gopher fans don't realize what a loser he is!

no clue who you are but will you teach me to be cool just like you...

wow OMG FAGGUY that was so original I had to respond... Im only doing this one post on here...then truly don't care. Im glad a handful of Sioux fans don't like me.... ohh well Ive tipped a few beers back with a lot more people on here then those that have the problem with me. Not to mention had a blast at games with them, even as recent as Denver at Brooklyn's... as for the guy that called me a "a-hole" on this or the BOOO thread... Maybe you should talk to the idiots yelling Hersch needs a straight jacket or the one TOUGH sioux fan that tripped the 50yr old gopher lady to the ground after the Wheeler goal... So ya if those were the times you heard my comments...I back them 100%....

no ledge here....a mountain almost but no ledge...haha

no clue who you are but will you teach me to be cool just like you...

Thank goodness for "One Post Wonders" ;)