SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS GOPHERS - LOSER GOES HOME, WINNER TO ST LOUIS

AZSIOUX

Obvious high stick or cross check on a scoring chance, as opposed to the very weak neutral ice hook called on Duncan. Can't have it both ways, although it appears the gophs can.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Call a neutral-ice hook, but then don't call anything on a breakaway scoring opportunity? That's BS.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly what I was thinking. Call a neutral-ice hook, but then don't call anything on a breakaway scoring opportunity? That's BS.

It is a rare occasion you don't see that penalty called on a near breakaway. Refs call it out of instinct...hopefully the refs will make it up on a questionable call in the 2nd.

If anyone's watching FSN, their period break show is first rate. I haven't seen the taped Hobey wrap-up for at least 24 hours. Wasn't Sweeney available at least?

Well if their taped Hobey wrap up was worth a crap. Two of Norton's picks sucked this weekend (Currey (spelling?) and Goepfart) while Hensick showed himself a moron even though he had a very good game.

Well if their taped Hobey wrap up was worth a crap. Two of Norton's picks sucked this weekend (Currey (spelling?) and Goepfart) while Hensick showed himself a moron even though he had a very good game.

Norton's is almost as ignorant as a gophers fan.....almost.... :D

Despite my bad spelling, I try to be fair and honest with hockey.

Just looked at the play frame-by-frame. Oshie had the speed and the angle. The only reason Peltier was able cut him off was by getting his stick in front of Oshie and hooking him up high with it. That's why his lower body kept going and his upper body fell backward. BS call on a legitimate scoring oportunity.

I went back and looked at the penalty. It was one of those grab the stick and hold it up by your head to draw the penalty.

Sorry, but it wasn't. There was no reason for Oshie to do that. He had the speed and the angle.