Coach Haskstol's Post Game Presser

The Walrus

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think certain "sensitive" Native Americans would make the same arguement regarding the nickname? Do you agree with that?

That's a whole different argument, but I also see Native Americans standing up to defend themselves. However, my opinion on that entire thing is that Sioux fans don't disgrace Native Americans, but rather, certain people from opposing fan bases do.

That's a whole different argument, but I also see Native Americans standing up to defend themselves. However, my opinion on that entire thing is that Sioux fans don't disgrace Native Americans, but rather, certain people from opposing fan bases do.

okay...I apoligize! (sincerely!) - sorry about that comment and I retract it! I have an involvement with kids with cancer every year and I know how attached you can get...seriously sorry bud!

okay...I apoligize! (sincerely!) - sorry about that comment and I retract it! I have an involvement with kids with cancer every year and I know how attached you can get...seriously sorry bud!

That's cool. Just have to realize, no matter how drunk I get, I'm always working for my kids.

Just watching the replay, and there is absolutley no other reason for Hensick to get the 10 min, other than opening his mouth to the referee...?

Fact at the 12:45 mark he gives a elbow to the chin a sioux player, that the announcers noticed....

He just needed to keep his mouth shut and play HOCKEY!

The ref was from Hockey East and I only really saw one questionable call on Michigan(the interference call that gave us our first 5 on 3 was questionable?) Johnson got away with at least 4 or 5 blatant elbowing penalties so they certainly didn't make any adjustments in their style of play...it looked like they thought they could intimidate the Sioux? We got away with a few that I saw as well, I remember Chorney at least once pulling a guy down and I think Radke had a couple questionable tie ups as well, but overall as far as the calls that were made he was pretty consistent.

No idea what went on with Hensikc's misconduct but I seem to remember that there was some sort of incident with that ref and a player in a hockey east league game earlier this year??

I heard them say that they set the second and third best attendance for the west and midwest regional. I was at GF last year. Not an empty seat in the house for either game. Granted the Pepsi arena holds more, but could they have been counting tickets sold? Must have helped when for the Frozen Four next year to get lower bowl seats you had to buy multiple regional seats for this year. What was the ratio to get tickets for next year, forecheck?

Just watching the replay, and there is absolutley no other reason for Hensick to get the 10 min, other than opening his mouth to the referee...?

Fact at the 12:45 mark he gives a elbow to the chin a sioux player, that the announcers noticed....

He just needed to keep his mouth shut and play HOCKEY!

It may have been a drastic call by the ref, but maybe it will send a message to the players in future years that you just keep your mouth shut and play the game. No matter how skilled you may be, you're not above receiving misconduct calls for showing unsportsmanlike conduct.

EDIT: Hensick said in the post-game that it was because of something he said to the ref.

The ref was from Hockey East and I only really saw one questionable call on Michigan(the interference call that gave us our first 5 on 3 was questionable?) Johnson got away with at least 4 or 5 blatant elbowing penalties so they certainly didn't make any adjustments in their style of play...it looked like they thought they could intimidate the Sioux? We got away with a few that I saw as well, I remember Chorney at least once pulling a guy down and I think Radke had a couple questionable tie ups as well, but overall as far as the calls that were made he was pretty consistent.

No idea what went on with Hensikc's misconduct but I seem to remember that there was some sort of incident with that ref and a player in a hockey east league game earlier this year??

I have to agree on the reffing. Everything I saw them call was a penalty. I was impressed they called the one (was is Lammy?) at the end of the first and also when the Michigan player ran Lammy. You'd never see either call made in the WCHA.

I must admit that I (along with every umtc fan) expected us to spend most of the game in the box. Glad to see that Michigan did it instead. Now we need to stay clean during tomorrows game.

I must admit that I (along with every umtc fan) expected us to spend most of the game in the box. Glad to see that Michigan did it instead. Now we need to stay clean during tomorrows game.

;) Is that possible for our team when playing the Goofs? ;)

Maybe so without WCHA refs! :D

3:1

Yep, 3:1....6 regional tickets for every 2 lower bowl frozen four tickets. There were a lot of people selling tickets on Craig's List this week, and I think a lot of people buying. I easily sold my extra Saturday tickets to Gopher/Sioux fans that live in Denver.

I still think the attendance was good. Easily 10-12,000 present at both games (slightly more in the Sioux/Michigan game). You gotta figure the arena has a seating capacity of 19,200, and most of the lower bowl, suites, and club level were filled, with scattered fans throughout the upper bowl. Didn't look as good as a packed REA I'm sure, but still an impressive crowd. There were a lot more Air Force fans than I thought there would be.

I'm just wondering if tomorrow's attendance will pick up or drop...there were a lot of people trying to sell tickets as I walked out of the arena tonight.

And just for the record, I have to echo everything Siouxdonyms said. The "R" word is one of my biggest pet peeves. Just yesterday I had to go to the executive director of the building that I work at because the assistant director of nursing has been consistently parking in a handicapped parking spot...at a nursing home. :D If it happens again on Monday, I'm calling the cops to get her ass towed. There is no excuse for ignorance.

Wow. A play on words regarding a rodent is COMPLETELY different from talking about "retarded kids." ???

You can also check back on all my past posts (which may take some time), and you'll find that I call a team the "Goofs," but tend to give credit where credit is due regarding their play. I've also defended Hirsch (who was a member of the Goofs) throughout his entire ordeal.

Wow. A play on words regarding a rodent is COMPLETELY different from talking about "retarded kids."

...(taking the mask off :D ) Isn't THIS what the "arguement" is really all about? maybe from another angle....and you guys are basically now supporting the anti-nickame arguement!!

...(taking the mask off :D ) Isn't THIS what the "arguement" is really all about? maybe from another angle....and you guys are basically now supporting the anti-nickame arguement!!

Let it die man. We've hashed out the initial argument, so just let it die. ;)

TJ could have. Could have come back to bite Red in the butt. But yeah, you're right that they were not happy at all. First interview I've seen where Red was kind of a dick.

This is one of the first time I have seen the officating shake out in favor of the Sioux.

The Sioux burried them on the PP.

red and tj pissed at ref...wish they would have lashed out, hell, why not, they cant be suspended for the next game :D

Hanson was the official. He's a Hockey East official. IIRC, wasn't he the official that followed a Maine player off the ice just to yell at him?

If that's the case, I can understand Hensick's feelings towards him.

Goon- I don't know if the reffing went our way or not. There were an AWFUL lot of missed calls on both sides. ESPECIALLY in the third period.

love ya Chris but you have to leave the HardHat in the locker room during your NCAA Press Conference! You look like one of those retarded kids who their parents won't let out of the house without his "helmet" :D;)

no way - it was great and showed the audience what this team is all about - pride

Hanson was the official. He's a Hockey East official. IIRC, wasn't he the official that followed a Maine player off the ice just to yell at him?

If that's the case, I can understand Hensick's feelings towards him.

Goon- I don't know if the reffing went our way or not. There were an AWFUL lot of missed calls on both sides. ESPECIALLY in the third period.

Maybe your right, but we sure burried our chances against Michigan.