SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Haskstol's Post Game Presser

The Walrus

Maybe your right, but we sure burried our chances against Michigan.

That's not the ref's doing. That's the fact that the Wolverines could only do so much before having to rely on their goaltender. And their goaltender flat out sucks. We're lucky Montoya is gone. Even in Montoya's more shaky games, he was never as bad as Sauer.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the ref's doing. That's the fact that the Wolverines could only do so much before having to rely on their goaltender. And their goaltender flat out sucks. We're lucky Montoya is gone. Even in Montoya's more shaky games, he was never as bad as Sauer.

Sauer make Briggs look good. :D

I am so disappointed. I have had a great deal of respect for Red for many years and have often supported Michigan in games they played other than the Sioux, but his performance last night during that press conference was completely unprofessional. The excuses and whining he did was much more fitting for tdon than for someone of Red's reputation and experience. We all know the feeling of feeling like the refs are out to get us, but do not drag your opponent down (as he did regarding the Sioux PP). I was very disappointed with his lack of class. :D

I am so disappointed. I have had a great deal of respect for Red for many years and have often supported Michigan in games they played other than the Sioux, but his performance last night during that press conference was completely unprofessional. The excuses and whining he did was much more fitting for tdon than for someone of Red's reputation and experience. We all know the feeling of feeling like the refs are out to get us, but do not drag your opponent down (as he did regarding the Sioux PP). I was very disappointed with his lack of class. :D

I really see no where that Red gave UND any credit. Red even blamed his goalie.

I still like TH's comment, "Sauer is like a folding chair with pads." That was really classic.

Sauer make Briggs look good. :D

True. I think even Briggs would have been able to stop TJ Oshie's 2nd goal and Kaip's goal. I mean, Kaip's goal was no screen and the shot came from far out. If Kaip had been just outside the crease, I think it would have been more difficult. Kaip's goal was beautiful but any goaltender with a good push off would have been able to make a play on it.

I mean, Kaip's goal was no screen and the shot came from far out. If Kaip had been just outside the crease, I think it would have been more difficult. Kaip's goal was beautiful but any goaltender with a good push off would have been able to make a play on it.

Watched the replay quite a few times now on Kaip's goal, and everytime I watch it, there's a Michigan defensemen standing right in front of Kaip, so I don't know how you can be so certain it wasn't a screened shot.

sorry, is everything a NON SIOUX player, fan or coach does now these days NOT CLASSY, those words are sure thrown around a lot here, he was pissed, his team crapped the bed with kicking our azzes early in that game, it was a crazy game, totally crazy. sometimes its emotions talking and they get the best of people, right or wrong,

GO SIOUXXXXXXXX

Just watched the Michigan post-game conference. Wow -- I would think a guy who has coached as many years as Red would show a little more class than that. Hakstol goes out of his way to give Michigan credit for how talented they are. Red basically says that North Dakota got lucky.

Just watched the Michigan post-game conference. Wow -- I would think a guy who has coached as many years as Red would show a little more class than that. Hakstol goes out of his way to give Michigan credit for how talented they are. Red basically says that North Dakota got lucky.

Michigan even more so than the team I cheer for doesn't acknowledge there are other decent programs in the country. Red has nobody but himself to blame from what I saw. If Michigan played with any trace of discipline last night that game goes down to the wire.

True. I think even Briggs would have been able to stop TJ Oshie's 2nd goal and Kaip's goal. I mean, Kaip's goal was no screen and the shot came from far out. If Kaip had been just outside the crease, I think it would have been more difficult. Kaip's goal was beautiful but any goaltender with a good push off would have been able to make a play on it.

I wonder if Michigan goes looking for a goalie in the off season?

I wonder if Michigan goes looking for a goalie in the off season?

They have one coming in. Bryan Hogan of Lincoln (USHL). He had a stellar year two years ago and a mediocre one this year. I think he'll do well. I'd say Sauer gets benched in December of 07 and Hogan takes over.