Air Force vs. Gophers

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Big mistake to trail a high altitude team after two in their backyard. As I said before the AF Academy is at 7,000ft so they won't be the ones losing their lunch in the third.

They definitely have the advantage in that column. Still think the Goofs will come back, but I'm hoping for an upset!!!

Bob Norton thinks a goalie will win the Hobey this year. Outside of Brown from Notre Dame, who plays a defensive game, none of the goalies up for it (specifically Curry from BU and Goepfert from SCSU) have done lousy in the national tournament.

He also thinks Goepfert has a chance........and gave no kudos to Duncan at all.

Minnesota with some terrific puck possession in that period, the Cadets had some long LOOONNNG shifts. Will see if they still have legs in the third.

Go AIR FORCE!!!!!!!!!

Right now, tDon is yelling, "You want to be the laughing stock of college hockey for another year!!!!"

This has to be the ideal situation for Air Force though. As was the gameplan with Holy Cross, Air Force has made this a 20 minute game. They've got the lead, but it's not big enough where they will feel they can be complacent.

The idea situation would be a 10 goal Air Force lead and Don Lucia in goal because his two goalies quit.

Hope I don't jinx things here, but I have been in communication with the Government Accounting Office to see how we're going to be able to buy game-worn Air Force sweaters. :lol: Seems we'll have to go through the normal "surplus" equipment auction system. :lol:

They'd clash with all the beautiful Holy Cross sweaters seated at the John anyway. :devil:

I hate this. I turned it on early in the 2nd and to my surprise AF is up 1-0. That causes me to think there's some hope.

Now I check at end of 2 and AF is still up.

Now I'm gutting out the 3rd only to likely have my hopes dashed.

If they're doing well when you don't watch, then turn it off! :lol:

Hope I don't jinx things here, but I have been in communication with the Government Accounting Office to see how we're going to be able to buy game-worn Air Force sweaters. :lol: Seems we'll have to go through the normal "surplus" equipment auction system. :lol:

They'd clash with all the beautiful Holy Cross sweaters seated at the John anyway. :devil:

That may be good news...government surplus usally equals cheap.