SiouxSports.com Forum

Departures

siouxhockey5

Wheeewwwww...

One less sex-offender in the US... :blush:

ill leave that one alone.

seriously though. thats fast, seabrook, dingle, and now pauk. with the gregoire situation as well. du will miss playoffs again. one has to wonder if gwoz is going downhill. and how much appert had to do with their success.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill leave that one alone.

seriously though. thats fast, seabrook, dingle, and now pauk. with the gregoire situation as well. du will miss playoffs again. one has to wonder if gwoz is going downhill. and how much appert had to do with their success.

Doubt it... He'll be back. His recruiting classes last year and this were very good. They will be solid. As for the statement above, I don't agree with it so much as I just HATE Paukovich who can now officially be labeled as a college bust.

Doubt it... He'll be back. His recruiting classes last year and this were very good. They will be solid. As for the statement above, I don't agree with it so much as I just HATE Paukovich who can now officially be labeled as a college bust.

well gwoz has like 1 person on board for 08, maybe 2. and they are filling these early spots with guys that have been left by every other college.

well gwoz has like 1 person on board for 08, maybe 2. and they are filling these early spots with guys that have been left by every other college.

There is always tremendous late talent available. Keep in mind one of our "late 08s" was David Toews. Because DU has great facilities, history, and *gag* coaching, they will bring in alot of talent. Riley Nash was a very late commit and he'll do OK. I think Derek Lee is a big prize still out there for 08.

But also keep in mind, not every class needs to be incredible. DU has great 06, and 07 classes, if the 08 is down a little DU will manage.

Jim O'Brien might be leaving the Gophers early:

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/s...bf844dc&p=2

O'Brien to Sign?

Look for Ottawa's top 2007 draft pick, Jim O'Brien, to sign with the Senators and forego the balance of his college career. O'Brien, a 6-2 centre drafted 29th overall, was the youngest player in college hockey last season, as a 17-year-old with the University of Minnesota. A source says O'Brien, now 18, is leaning toward turning professional.

wow... bad choice I think...

I agree completely. This would be incredibly stupid on O'Brien's part and just a bad move overall by Ottawa. O'Brien is talented but extremely young and rough around the edges. We aren't talking Toews talented either at O'Brien's age.

I think Minnesota has been down this path before: Kris Chucko. The only difference is that O'Brien may leave just before school starts while Chucko was being courted while the season was going on.

I don't like the Gophers and O'Brien was behind some pretty cheap acts last season (I believe he punched a goaltender...Mankato's? goaltender at one point last season) but O'Brien would be retarded to take money that will come to him whether he signs now or waits even one more year.

this would hurt the gophers for sure, i think he is a player that has played both d and forward, i wonder if ottawa has differetn plans for him than the gophes?? im sure there is a gopher fan reading this that could help with this

this would hurt the gophers for sure, i think he is a player that has played both d and forward, i wonder if ottawa has differetn plans for him than the gophes?? im sure there is a gopher fan reading this that could help with this

No help here.......this one (if it happens) has us all scratching our heads as well.

Doesn't really seem to make sense on either party's end.

Ottawa's ranks were severely depleted this offseason, and they don't have very much Salary Cap available to work with . Therefore, the only viable option available to them is to sign prospects that they believe are at least ready for AHL play. I hope they resolve all of their manpower issues this year so they don't have to pursue their other Sioux prospect anytime soon.

Ottawa's ranks were severely depleted this offseason, and they don't have very much Salary Cap available to work with . Therefore, the only viable option available to them is to sign prospects that they believe are at least ready for AHL play. I hope they resolve all of their manpower issues this year so they don't have to pursue their other Sioux prospect anytime soon.

How so?

How so?

I would like to see Ben Blood in the Kelly Green, wouldn't you. :blush:

In answer to your highlight, they lost Preissing and Saprykin from the NHL team and several others from Binghampton. The problem is that Binghampton didn't have very much talent to start with. Other than Hennesey and Elliot they don't have any NHL ready spares to call upon. These moves are a restocking of Binghampton and insurance for the parent club.

Update, I tried to find out if this is a done deal and couldn't get a straight yes or no answer; however, it was suggested that the club is concerned about a professional rehab of his shoulder? What is it with Gophers and bum shoulders?

I would like to see Ben Blood in the Kelly Green, wouldn't you. :blush:

In answer to your highlight, they lost Preissing and Saprykin from the NHL team and several others from Binghampton. The problem is that Binghampton didn't have very much talent to start with. Other than Hennesey and Elliot they don't have any NHL ready spares to call upon. These moves are a restocking of Binghampton and insurance for the parent club.

Update, I tried to find out if this is a done deal and couldn't get a straight yes or no answer; however, it was suggested that the club is concerned about a professional rehab of his shoulder? What is it with Gophers and bum shoulders?

Forgive me, but how does signing O'Brien give them any assistance towards NHL-ready spares? Yeah, he's talented. Yeah, he'll eventually make the NHL. However, you'd be a fool to think that, if he signed today he would make the NHL this season. He's VERY young and raw.

If Ottawa was smart, they'd sign some washed up CHLers, some UFA rookies (Like Porter if he goes free agent route), or cheap Europeans if they can get them. For example, isn't Darby Hendrickson playing overseas? Couldn't Ottawa sign him? Dixon Ward as well? Ok, they are both forwards, sure, but I"m positive that they could find some cheap defensemen to tide them over until O'Brien is ready to sign. It's not like Ottawa's NHL team is down the toilet. They're still very very good.

Again, if O'Brien signs, it will be an idiotic move by both sides. I also think that O'Brien's season will go much like Chucko's did. Up and down with disappointment abounding. IMO he's 2-4 years from the NHL (at least a long stint in the NHL) and Ottawa has a choice to make: Like it or not, one of those 2-4 years will be played in the AHL with a few games here in there at the NHL level performance permitting. So, that leaves 2-3 years up in the air. Does Ottawa wish to pay O'Brien for those 2-3 years or do they wish to have him develop in an amateur league such as Minnesota for free? It seems to me that there is a higher return on their investment if Ottawa waits for 1-2 years. That's my opinion.

There is always tremendous late talent available. Keep in mind one of our "late 08s" was David Toews. Because DU has great facilities, history, and *gag* coaching, they will bring in alot of talent. Riley Nash was a very late commit and he'll do OK. I think Derek Lee is a big prize still out there for 08.

But also keep in mind, not every class needs to be incredible. DU has great 06, and 07 classes, if the 08 is down a little DU will manage.

DT was in the bag long before he announced his signing.

Forgive me, but how does signing O'Brien give them any assistance towards NHL-ready spares? Yeah, he's talented. Yeah, he'll eventually make the NHL. However, you'd be a fool to think that, if he signed today he would make the NHL this season. He's VERY young and raw.

If Ottawa was smart, they'd sign some washed up CHLers, some UFA rookies (Like Porter if he goes free agent route), or cheap Europeans if they can get them. For example, isn't Darby Hendrickson playing overseas? Couldn't Ottawa sign him? Dixon Ward as well? Ok, they are both forwards, sure, but I"m positive that they could find some cheap defensemen to tide them over until O'Brien is ready to sign. It's not like Ottawa's NHL team is down the toilet. They're still very very good.

Again, if O'Brien signs, it will be an idiotic move by both sides. I also think that O'Brien's season will go much like Chucko's did. Up and down with disappointment abounding. IMO he's 2-4 years from the NHL (at least a long stint in the NHL) and Ottawa has a choice to make: Like it or not, one of those 2-4 years will be played in the AHL with a few games here in there at the NHL level performance permitting. So, that leaves 2-3 years up in the air. Does Ottawa wish to pay O'Brien for those 2-3 years or do they wish to have him develop in an amateur league such as Minnesota for free? It seems to me that there is a higher return on their investment if Ottawa waits for 1-2 years. That's my opinion.

Personally, I don't think O'Brien is ready and I didn't think Lee was either if you look back at some of my other posts. What is a fact is that Ottawa is in a position where they have to sign prospects who are closest to being ready.

As it turns out the Senators probably aren't going to sign O'Brien as they signed Richardson as a D spare yesterday. However, if nothing else, the Ottawa Citizen article probably likely caused Lucia to experiecne a slight increase in his pucker-factor.

As an aside, Paukovitch signed a contract with Edmonton.

http://oilers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...rticleid=335779

Personally, I don't think O'Brien is ready and I didn't think Lee was either if you look back at some of my other posts. What is a fact is that Ottawa is in a position where they have to sign prospects who are closest to being ready.

As it turns out the Senators probably aren't going to sign O'Brien as they signed Richardson as a D spare yesterday. However, if nothing else, the Ottawa Citizen article probably likely caused Lucia to experiecne a slight increase in his pucker-factor.

lucia announced that obrien isnt signing. there was zero truth to the rumor i guess.

Common Wisdom would say that your probably right and I agree with your assessment of both players, but anything is possible.