SiouxSports.com Forum

Booooooo

yekcoh

Yes, but its really cute. :angry:

My mini-me's are teenagers, so they do things like:

Announcer: "Minnesota full strength"

Mini-me's, in unison: "And they still suck!"

As opposed to the teenagers who sat (with their dad, no less) behind me on Saturday?

Announcer: "No goal."

3 teenagers (and dad joining in): "F*** the Sioux (clap clap clap)...F*** the Sioux".

I like the "cupcakes" version much better.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive me fellow posters, for I (may have) sinned:

Whenever I hear the " ... NCAA promotes good sportsmanship .... support officials in a positive manner ... " boilerplate announcment at a game I can resist turning to someone nearby and saying,

"I'm positive this official is a (bleep)!" :angry:

Forgive me fellow posters, for I (may have) sinned:

Whenever I hear the " ... NCAA promotes good sportsmanship .... support officials in a positive manner ... " boilerplate announcment at a game I can resist turning to someone nearby and saying,

"I'm positive this official is a (bleep)!" :lol:

Guilty as charged (though I've never turned to anyone near me and said that).

I always cheer when someone yells "HEY REF, Get off yer knees yer blowin' the game!" :angry:

Apparently nobody but Hockey Mom and I have seen LaDainian Tomlinson score a touchdown. :angry:

When you score 30+ touch downs a season you probably don't want to waste a lot of energy celbrating a touch down. :lol:

Apparently nobody but Hockey Mom and I have seen LaDainian Tomlinson score a touchdown. :glare:

#21 :love:

Ah, I am so happy Marty got the axe. Don't get me wrong, he did a heck of a job during the regular season, but his brain turned to mush in the playoffs.

Ok, is this unsportsmanlike? When the Gopher fans were chanting "let's go gophers" the avatar leaned over to me and goes "let's go cupcakes"

I love that Hockeymom's avatar is growing up a Sioux fan, there are more than enough rodent fans in the world. :love:

It's also more funny the second time that I read it. :D:glare:

#21 :love:

Ah, I am so happy Marty got the axe. Don't get me wrong, he did a heck of a job during the regular season, but his brain turned to mush in the playoffs.

I never quite understood that one 12-4 in the regular season. Loses his first playoff games a couple of years in a row and gets fired.

I wish the Vikes could at least do that.

I wonder if the proliferation of the american born player will increase the trash talk? This is not a pop-culture, today's youth, philisophical question; but rather a question of the difference in the game up there versus down here.

I think when the WJC was at the REA that the Russian team spent a lot of time yapping. Many of you probably have a better recollection of that than I do.

What ever happened to, "Act like you've been there before."

I agree to a point. The kind of stuff celebrating that Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson do annoys me. However, even as a Gopher fan I got a kick out of Brian Schutte (sp?) when he 'shushed' the crowd at the X in 2002. That might be inconsistent I suppose but I think there are ways to celebrate outside of just raising a stick that aren't necessarily going too far.

I can't answer if it's unsportsmanlike but it's good parenting.

Even I had to laugh at that. :glare:

THat was good sportsmanship at the end of the Patriots game in the playoffs displayed by LT.

True, he didn't respond well to the poor sportsmanship displayed by some the the Patriots. However, except for that one incident, he's been a class act in the NFL.

I love that Hockeymom's avatar is growing up a Sioux fan, there are more than enough rodent fans in the world. :love:

It's also more funny the second time that I read it. :D:glare:

She's going to win a National Championship playing hockey for the Sioux. That is, according to her older brother.

True, he didn't respond well to the poor sportsmanship displayed by some the the Patriots. However, except for that one incident, he's been a class act in the NFL.

Let me add this little tidbit......Tomlinson has 21 underpriviledged kids on the sidelines for every home game.....after the game, he comes back out and signs as many autographs as he can for them.

Show me another big time professional athlete who would do something like that for kids......without asking for a check in return and I'll show you a pretty likeable down to earth guy who cares more about others than he does money.

Ok, Mike Commodore signing autographs last year at The Ralph was pretty sweet, he's a great guy too.

Let me add this little tidbit......Tomlinson has 21 underpriviledged kids on the sidelines for every home game.....after the game, he comes back out and signs as many autographs as he can for them.

Show me another big time professional athlete who would do something like that for kids......without asking for a check in return and I'll show you a pretty likeable down to earth guy who cares more about others than he does money.

Ok, Mike Commodore signing autographs last year at The Ralph was pretty sweet, he's a great guy too.

thats awesome but there are many pro athletes that do great things for kids and so forth that you just dont hear about. showboating doesnt make a player a bad person at all or classless, thats halarious if people think that overall. there is a line though and i understand that. LT is the reason i win fantasy football every year so big ups to that man for helping me out and many others :glare:

I agree. I don't know him too well, but I talked to him briefly in 2000 at Applebees on Columbia. I complimented him on a fantastic game (it was a Friday night) and told him that tommorrow he needs to go out, score a goal, and knock a guy into the bench area. I remember he scored a goal that night from the blue line in a similar fashion to what happened to Kevin Spiewak against Maine. No one was between Commie and the goaltender (I wish I could remember which team it was) and the puck just hopped over his stick and into the net.

I told him he'd probably last a half season in the AHL before being called up to the NHL and I was right! A REALLY nice guy.