SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. Minnesota Game Thread

HockeyMom

Anyone else notice how classy the Gopher fans were doing the sieve chant to Phil after a game like that. Says a lot about the type of fans they have when the do a sieve chant after the end of a hard fought game by both teams. What a joke!!! Glad to be done playing at their home field advantage rink for this year!

Sioux looked pretty flat tonight. Hopefully they can pick it up again for the rest of the games. The Gophers played much better than they did the last time we met. Things will be different next time when they don't have the home field advantage! :D

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheeler had a heck of a tournament. No question. His goal celebrations are a bit more showy than I'd like to see. Still, he's pumped, in front of a huge crowd, playing well, and getting rewarded. Good for him.

Nice championship game, with perhaps NoDak not playing as well in the first two periods. But, I thought they did well in the third. No hanging heads here. Just, rest up and get ready for the dance.

taz

And now Gretzky will sign him.

As pissed as I am, the bottom line, imo, is that the Gophs were able to establish the offensive zone much much easier than the Sioux. The Gophs deserved to win although it was a close battle. The Sioux can play much better and my hunch is that they will and will win a week from now.

Let's get over this "your fans/program are classless". Whether it's booing the all tournament team by gophers, or Sioux fans swearing at little kids in gopher jerseys (which I unfortunately witnessed in the West Regional at the Ralph) it's a heated rivalry and s**t happens.

Let's get over this "your fans/program are classless". Whether it's booing the all tournament team by gophers, or Sioux fans swearing at little kids in gopher jerseys (which I unfortunately witnessed in the West Regional at the Ralph) it's a heated rivalry and s**t happens.

Exactly. The only thing you can control is your own actions, so don't make yourself out to be an idiot! :D

:D

Tell little Timmy that I am really sorry about that. :D

I'm pretty sure that if the situation was the other away around and in front of a huge majority of Sioux fans. They'd probably be doing the sieve chant on Frazee as well. So there's no point in calling the gophers fans at the game classless.

Now doing a "We're still second" chant after losing a game. That'd be classless. Yes you St. Cloud fans :D

Anyone else notice how classy the Gopher fans were doing the sieve chant to Phil after a game like that. Says a lot about the type of fans they have when the do a sieve chant after the end of a hard fought game by both teams. What a joke!!! Glad to be done playing at their home field advantage rink for this year!

Sioux looked pretty flat tonight. Hopefully they can pick it up again for the rest of the games. The Gophers played much better than they did the last time we met. Things will be different next time when they don't have the home field advantage! :D

Being a sore loser is just as classless...the Gophers outplayed the Sioux with the exception being between the pipes...get over it...it's winning the last game of the year that matters...I like the Sioux' chances...

The Sioux fans swearing at the little kids in goofer jerseys is also a classless act. Just because they like our rival, doesn't give us the right to act like stupid idiots, and jerks. unfortunately, there are some of those in every area.

Agreed. As much as it sucks to lose in OT to your main rival, Minnesota sure as hell doesn't have a monopoly on idiotic fans. Congrats to Minnesota, and maybe we'll meet again this spring. :D:D

The good news is that at least the OT was short. Didn't need to burn up the legs for next week in a multiple OT game.

This game kind of looked like the #1 PWR and the #8 PWR. I thought UND carried the play pretty well in the first 10 minutes, then after they were on the PK for much of the rest of the period, the game evened out. From then on, MN didn't give UND much room.

For whoever is blaming Lee, get over it. It was part great play, part bizarro freaky goal.

Lammy stopped a lot of good chances, but might like the first and sort of the second goal back.

UND didn't seem to play their best game tonight, but some of that is due to MN. Oddly, the great final a few years ago also featured UND not at its best. (That was a fantastic game, but UND was very loose defensively.) This time, defensively UND was pretty good. MN had a lot of shots, but try to think of how many times Lammy had to flat-out stone someone.

Overall, look at it this way: this is UND's second loss since the WJC. Both came in OT, on the road. They're still playing pretty well.

I will be troubled and an advocate of a slight change in the bracketing process if UND and MN are in the same bracket, and BC and UNH are in the same bracket, as suggested. We're all sick of seeing our rivals. We just played tonight, and we have to meet again (maybe) in 6 or 7 days?

Lammy stopped a lot of good chances, but might like the first and sort of the second goal back.

UND didn't seem to play their best game tonight, but some of that is due to MN. Oddly, the great final a few years ago also featured UND not at its best. (That was a fantastic game, but UND was very loose defensively.) This time, defensively UND was pretty good. MN had a lot of shots, but try to think of how many times Lammy had to flat-out stone someone.

Overall, look at it this way: this is UND's second loss since the WJC. Both came in OT, on the road. They're still playing pretty well.

I will be troubled and an advocate of a slight change in the bracketing process if UND and MN are in the same bracket, and BC and UNH are in the same bracket, as suggested. We're all sick of seeing our rivals. We just played tonight, and we have to meet again (maybe) in 6 or 7 days?

The first goal definitely. The 2nd goal, couldn't tell if Phil was blinded by his d-man or not.

Gophers definitely took us off our game tonight, so a lot of credit has to go to them.

I agree about the bracketing, but unfortunately, I don't know if the NCAA does. Don't want that all WCHA final again in the future. That's no good you know!

Thank you, and good luck to your football team in the Gateway. :D

Let's drive for #8!!

See, this is what I like to see from both schools. This is what us and SDSU have and it will be tough to have the same with und. :D

I have never like und sports in anything, but i did see that jersey fling at the the end of the game just now on the news.

I can't believe i am saying this...........let's start a ND invasions of MN starting with hockey now and ending with FOOTBALL at the FFD #2! :D

See, this is what I like to see from both schools. This is what us and SDSU have and it will be tough to have the same with und. :D

I have never like und sports in anything, but i did see that jersey fling at the the end of the game just now on the news.

I can't believe i am saying this...........let's start a ND invasions of MN starting with hockey now and ending with FOOTBALL at the FFD #2! :D

Kill that buffalo...SERIOUSLY!

please go away.