SiouxSports.com Forum

sioux/denver game 2

Siouxrock

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two shots in one shift for the Sioux. Wow. Wasn't that the first period last night? A few marginal chances for each team so far. It sure would be nice if Massen could get going again. Ryan Hale takes a penalty on a big hit. I hope they kill this one off so the captain doesn't have the stain of a PP goal while in the box.

Holding penalty on Parise. TH calls it a joke. Parise had fought through a hold, then was called for it himself. TH says Derek is showing the Sioux he'll call holding after the Sioux complaining last night. He'll show them by calling holding on the Sioux.

Even when not killing a penalty, it didn't sound like the Sioux got much going that period. I'd say it was a scoreless period thanks to the Sioux goalie. Haven't heard that too often. The Sioux need to take their frustration with Shepard out on the scoreboard. If they win tonight, they get a new ref tomorrow.

Thoughts on period One.

Sioux came out with some desperation, more than they have had an any game I have watched this second half of the year.

Notermann and Spiewak especially, doing a great job on the PK.

Brandt has made some nice saves, and has looked confident in making them to me.

I am not usually one to complain about the refs, because it never really does any good to do it sitting in my home...but...Shepherd needs to get his head out of his a**. What a joke this guy is. I really never view a game as won or lost by calls by the ref, and never will...but...how many times are they going to get away with tackling, holding etc., and not get called for it, meanwhile, the Sioux are trying to fight through that crap and seem to get called for darn near everything they do. In my humble opinion, and most times that isn't worth much, Shepherd should never ref another game in his life.

That being said, the Sioux are playing a lot better tonight and the crowd seems to be into the game, so those are positives. If the Sioux give this effort for the remaining 40 minutes, we will be seeing another game tomorrow night no matter how much Denver "plays their game."

Go Sioux!!!!!

Anyone else tired of hearing interviews about the WJC? I know it's kind of a big deal, but I'd rather they talk a little more about the Sioux.

UND hockey used to be about offense. Where's the pressure? Let's score some goals!

Hi guys, I'm also here in the twin cities listening to the game. It sounded like it would be a good game 5 min into it, Hennessy (sp?) said that the game was up and down, but in the last 15 it sounded like the DU tackling team came out again. Hennessy may be a homer, but he usually tries to give an accurate description of what is going on out there. If I'm not going to watch the game I really like listening to him.

Hopefully they can kill this penalty and hit Bochenski right when he comes out of the box for a quick one, wishful thinking but that's what I'm hoping for.