SiouxSports.com Forum

Dubay picks Sioux

Matt

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On PA & Dubay today, Dubay picked the Sioux as the favorite to win not only the Final Five but the NCAA tournament. His predictions have become become the kiss of death lately...should we be worried?

Yes he is wrong all the time. He jokes about how often he is wrong.

I don't think Dubay's pick is at all out of line, especially as it relates to the Final Five. UND's swept both teams above it in the bracket. His pick makes a great deal of sense.

As far as the kiss of death stuff: hey, at least its a kiss. :D

Though I have my own reasons for being optomistic for this Sioux team, none would be related to a pick made by a Gopher homer like Dubay. Dubay would never pick a Sioux team honestly to win anything, let along a National Title.

He is simply trying to set the Sioux up for failure.....a little reverse psychology I think.

I say have the Sioux prove that buffon Dubay right and win it all this season!

No! We should lose just to prove he's an idiot! :)

It is a win/win to prove he is an total buffoon then from that perspective. :lol:

*As if we needed anymore solidification of the fact Dubay is a an idiot.

The dumbest thing ever comes from their show, and that is the statement "Long story, Longer". I hate that so much, it is really annoying.

PA and Dubay are idiots. Their show is annoying. "PUFFY!!!!!" "Rube Nation." "Love Covenant." PA is especially annoying in his speaking mannerisms and the stuff he says. I wish that the Vikings would find someone else to do their games. They were in Mankato a couple of years ago and really insulted the team and the whole town. They both hate the Sioux and their egos are pretty huge.

PA and Dubay are idiots. Their show is annoying. "PUFFY!!!!!" "Rube Nation." "Love Covenant." PA is especially annoying in his speaking mannerisms and the stuff he says. I wish that the Vikings would find someone else to do their games. They were in Mankato a couple of years ago and really insulted the team and the whole town. They both hate the Sioux and their egos are pretty huge.

ANNOYING I AGREE TOTALLY! :lol:

How can you spend literally 2-3 hours a day, 5 days a week, 12 months a year, speculating about such a terrible losing franchise like the vikings

IDIOTS AS WELL! :lol:

If I happen to pass by that station 1440 from 9-12 I want to jerk the wheel and run myself into the ditch :)

SHUT UP!, SHUT UP!......SHUT UP! :)

I think Puffy was responding to a caller on whine line after a Vikes game that was ripping on Culpepper, but I'm not 100% sure, and I don't really care enough to go find out.

Personally I like the Homer "Ummm, Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about uuhhh, things...." They don't overuse that too much.

Oh yeah, and the "Puffy" inserted at the proper time.

And the Holy Cross radio highlight.

I think Puffy was responding to a caller on whine line after a Vikes game that was ripping on Culpepper, but I'm not 100% sure, and I don't really care enough to go find out.

Personally I like the Homer "Ummm, Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about uuhhh, things...." They don't overuse that too much.

Oh yeah, and the "Puffy" inserted at the proper time.

And the Holy Cross radio highlight.

They did a great job of shutting Dubay up when he was stating that the Gophers had so much on the line; playing for a number one overall seed, maybe going to Denver without Denver there, getting an easy first round matchup vs. Alabama-Huntsville...PA qued up the Holy Cross tape just as he said easy game. Then Dubay went into classic spin mode stating how Holy Cross was expected to be a tough game and that Ala-Hunt is terrible and the Gophs will roll all over them, or maybe he was saying the Gophs will just roll over. :)

They just said that Phil and Briggs are "6 of one, half dozen..."

I have to disagree with this, their total year numbers may be comparable, but Jean-Phillipe makes me feel a little more comfortable with him between the pipes than either one of the Gopher 'tenders.

Let them keep thinking that. They're in for a surprise.

Briggs: .917 save % 2.10 GAA

Lammy: .914 save % 2.31 GAA

Almost identicle stats, but Briggs has been absolutely terrible in the post season throughout his career. Lammy and Briggs are both average goalies at best. Fans of both schools look silly claiming one is better than the other. I personally feel they both suck.

Briggs: .917 save % 2.10 GAA

Lammy: .914 save % 2.31 GAA

Almost identicle stats, but Briggs has been absolutely terrible in the post season throughout his career. Lammy and Briggs are both average goalies at best. Fans of both schools look silly claiming one is better than the other. I personally feel they both suck.

Are those stats from the whole season or just the last 20 games. That's what I'm interested in seeing... May as well combine Briggs and Frazee