SiouxSports.com Forum

CONGRATS Sioux!

AZSIOUX

Not sure who we will play yet on friday but also dont give a crap. Great work SIOUX!! Been playing top notch hockey since x-mas and its really paying off. Keep it rolling in St. Paul vs (it doesnt matter)

6 WINS IN A ROW = #8

Great TEAM efforts this weekend.................

Not sure who we will play yet on friday but also dont give a crap. Great work SIOUX!! Been playing top notch hockey since x-mas and its really paying off. Keep it rolling in St. Paul vs (it doesnt matter)

6 WINS IN A ROW = #8

Great TEAM efforts this weekend.................

Willing to bet it will be UMD or Wisco!!!

Two scary teams, if I were the sioux I'd rather play a Michigan tech/CC team.

if tech, duluth and umtc wins we get tech.....that leaves uw vs umd i play in game

no team has ever WON the final 5 while playing in the play in game..scsu came cose last year til we stopped it...

Somebody check my logic here, please. Its too late and the caffeine is wearing off.

I see 4 major scenarios for the Sioux next weekend:

1) If Minnesota wins and SCSU wins:

--> we go in as the 3rd surviving seed and play SCSU as the "road team"

--> Thursday would be Wisco vs CC/Tech. Winner gets MN Friday.

2) If MN wins and SCSU loses:

--> we go in as the 2nd surviving seed and play CC or Tech, whoever wins. We get last change as the "home team".

--> Thursday playin would be UMD vs Wisco, winner gets MN Friday.

3) If Minnesota loses and SCSU wins:

--> we are the 2nd surviving seed and play as the "home team". We'll play either CC or Tech, whoever wins.

--> Thursday playin would be UAA vs Wisco, winner gets SCSU Friday.

4) If MN loses and SCSU loses:

--> we would be the 1st surviving seed and play the play-in game winner

--> Thursday playin would be UMD vs UAA (9 vs 10!!!), winner gets the Sioux Friday.

--> the other semi Friday would be Wisco vs. Tech/CC.

Somebody check my logic here, please. Its too late and the caffeine is wearing off.

I see 4 major scenarios for the Sioux next weekend:

1) If Minnesota wins and SCSU wins:

--> we go in as the 3rd surviving seed and play SCSU as the "road team"

--> Thursday would be Wisco vs CC/Tech. Winner gets MN Friday.

2) If MN wins and SCSU loses:

--> we go in as the 2nd surviving seed and play CC or Tech, whoever wins. We get last change as the "home team".

--> Thursday playin would be UMD vs Wisco, winner gets MN Friday.

3) If Minnesota loses and SCSU wins:

--> we are the 2nd surviving seed and play as the "home team". We'll play either CC or Tech, whoever wins.

--> Thursday playin would be UAA vs Wisco, winner gets SCSU Friday.

4) If MN loses and SCSU loses:

--> we would be the 1st surviving seed and play the play-in game winner

--> Thursday playin would be UMD vs UAA (9 vs 10!!!), winner gets the Sioux Friday.

--> the other semi Friday would be Wisco vs. Tech/CC.

i like the one i highlighted, i like UMD winning and alaska winning in OT again, the gophs dont fair so well in playoff OT games :lol: nice work

i like the one i highlighted, i like UMD winning and alaska winning in OT again, the gophs dont fair so well in playoff OT games :lol: nice work

Nice work to you - I only have to travel 15 miles - you've got 2000.

If there was ever a season that deserved 9 vs 10 in the play-in game, THIS is that year.

I don't know how everyone else feels on this issue, but I am going to be rooting for either St. Cloud or Minnesota to win their game tonight. If they both happen to lose, that bumps Wisconsin automatically into the semi's, and I don't want them to only have to win 2 games to get into the NCAA's because Wisconsin can do that. Winning 3 games is a completely different deal. I don't want to see Wisconsin in the national tournament at all. If they have to play on Thursday and then play UofM or St. Cloud on Friday followed by a potential game against UND on Saturday, I just can't see them winning all 3 games. They are just too damn scary of a team for me.

I don't know how everyone else feels on this issue, but I am going to be rooting for either St. Cloud or Minnesota to win their game tonight. If they both happen to lose, that bumps Wisconsin automatically into the semi's, and I don't want them to only have to win 2 games to get into the NCAA's because Wisconsin can do that. Winning 3 games is a completely different deal. I don't want to see Wisconsin in the national tournament at all. If they have to play on Thursday and then play UofM or St. Cloud on Friday followed by a potential game against UND on Saturday, I just can't see them winning all 3 games. They are just too damn scary of a team for me.

Also - have you seen our PWR today - we moved back to 8th - due to Mankato dropping out as a TUC. I know some of you are rooting for SCS and UMinn to lose game 3 today but it would help our RPI if we beat a higher ranked team in the F5. If they both lose, we would be the highest RPI team in the F5, with not much chance to move up in the PWR.

If the NCAA started today we would probably have to play Mich in GR, with the winner playing UMinn, unless they get beat by Sacred Heart.

Regardless of the numbers, we are a team no one wants to play right now.

I thought I read earlier that a team's pairwise could not be hurt by beathing a lower ranked team in the conference playoffs. A system where you lose ground by winning makes absolutely no sense.

That's the RPI that doesn't hurt you for beating a crappy team in the conference playoffs. And PWR does make no sense, but we all know how idiotic the NCAA is, so it's no surprise that they are still using PWR.

That's the RPI that doesn't hurt you for beating a crappy team in the conference playoffs. And PWR does make no sense, but we all know how idiotic the NCAA is, so it's no surprise that they are still using PWR.

Careful what you wish for, the "voters" could decide and then we would have many more eastern teams. Our RPI wasn't hurt, rather Mankato's was, because they lost and as a result they are no longer a top 25 team.

im not worried about the pairwise now, we are in, bottom line and will probably end up a 2 seed somewhere. we turned the season around at the break and are rolling,,,

also, any one see the 2 teams records today for the cha auto bid to the ncaa's?? wow they are bad :lol:

robert morris

Overall Record: 14-18-2 (.441)

CHA: 9-10-1, 19 points

Home: 7-5-1

My perfect scenerio for tonight would Minnesota, Duluth and Tech to all win. First, the Final Five would be a lot more exciting if Minnesota was in it and I would like our chances a lot better against Tech than St. Cloud(I would like our chances either way). Also, how exciting would a Minnesota-UND final be on saturday night?

My perfect scenerio for tonight would Minnesota, Duluth and Tech to all win. First, the Final Five would be a lot more exciting if Minnesota was in it and I would like our chances a lot better against Tech than St. Cloud(I would like our chances either way). Also, how exciting would a Minnesota-UND final be on saturday night?

It would be exciting, but I'd rather see umtc not make it. It would make my comebacks so much easier when they tell me "Sioux suck." :lol:

Great point. UW is the one team that scares me. I know they can't score, but they have our number. We really struggle with their style of play.

Great point. UW is the one team that scares me. I know they can't score, but they have our number. We really struggle with their style of play.

ELLIOT scares me, hes been there done that in the bid dance....

From a pure "hockey fan" perspective, I want to see UND, U of M, Wisco and SCSU. St. Paul would run out of beer if they weren't overstocked for St. Patrick's Day. :lol:

From a pure "Sioux Hockey Fan" perspective (*** UNDLAW puts on his rose-colored glasses ***) I hope the Gophers and JBSU take it in the shorts tonight and Wisco plays their last game of the year on Thursday (*** UNDLAW takes off his rose-colored glasses ***).

I have to say the Sioux are the easy odds favorite to win the Final Five and that is coming from a Gopher fan boy the rest of the teams are not playing very good hockey at all!!!!!! so enjoy back to back Final Five championships Sioux fans.......

From a pure "Sioux Hockey Fan" perspective (*** UNDLAW puts on his rose-colored glasses ***) I hope the Gophers and JBSU take it in the shorts tonight and Wisco plays their last game of the year on Thursday \

If both umtc and scsu lose, then uw plays the Friday afternoon, because they reseed the Final Five and both uaa and umd are lower seeds.