SiouxSports.com Forum

Michael Forney

riders06

It's hard to judge because he has been playing hurt. Hakstol says he expects Forney to play on the first or second line next season. That's how much ability he thinks Forney has. And who would know better than Hak?

Couple quick questions

1. Did he have surgery last season?

2. Does he need any surgery now?

I'm still excited to see him play. UND is going to need some people to step up with scoring next year. Let's finish off this year on a positive note and then the men and women of the ebays can begin speculating on players who will be moving into larger estates.

I'm guessing he kicked your arse at some point of your worthless troll's life.

Or did he kick his son's or school's arse? The only questions I have for you skippy are: "Was it in football or hockey?" "Is your hair currently dyed pee yellow by any chance?"

Or did he kick his son's or school's arse? The only questions I have for you skippy are: "Was it in football or hockey?" "Is your hair currently dyed pee yellow by any chance?"

he wanted to have surgery when it happened, but hak wouldn't let him because he wanted him available. He will have surgery this offseason to fix it though.

It's obvious that he was playing hurt this season and his offense wasn't really there because of it. However, especially the last few games he played in, he really showed signs of greatness. He's a good skater and has a good eye for the puck, but he wasn't very physical and couldn't really shoot as well because of the injury.

My prediction is that he comes out of surgery a tad hesitant and then by January, becomes a steady scorer. I'm not sure he'll lead the league in scoring at any point in his UND career, but I think he'll definitely be 1st or 2nd line material.

The only thing I wish was that Forney could have medical redshirted this year.

Worst player I've ever seen, needs heavy work, USHL is a must, not a WCHA caliber player. I suggest he go play in Bismarck...if he can make it,which is doubtful

That's brilliant. Everyone knows that the USHL is the place where players go to magically heal from injuries. :silly:

No the USHL doesn't make players heal better, BUT if he is healing and not able to contribute next year, wouldn't a year in the USHL be wise so that it perserves a year at UND?

You're operating on the assumption that would be the case, but you don't know. And it's easy to say what should have been done using 20/20 hindsight.

It would be a big setback to have a guy with (reported) top-end talent like Forney to go back to the USHL next year. Hopefully, he comes out of the summer healthy enough to use said talent to contribute and be a force for the Sioux next season. Schlossman has commented on Forney in practice and how much skill he does have. I'd like to see it during the games in '07-'08.

The point is that it's ridiculous for any of us to judge how much talent he does or doesn't have when we've seen him play so little. We haven't seen him play much because of the injury. I'm not going to pretend to know what should happen next season. It depends on how serious the injury is. It depends on how quickly Forney recovers after the surgery. It depends on how hard he works to get back into shape. So there are just too many variables for anyone to claim to know what should be done.

I'm sure that after the season is done, Hakstol will carefully weigh the options and make the decision he thinks is best for Forney and the team. I have no idea what that decision will be.

All I know is that I talked to Michael on media day before the season started. He told me that he was 100 percent healthy. Now, maybe he wasn't as healthy as he thought he was. Or maybe he wanted to make the team so badly that he wasn't the best person to judge his physical fitness. Or maybe he re-injured the shoulder in practice or during a game. I don't know. And because I don't know, I'm not going to second-guess Hakstol's decision.

The point is that it's ridiculous for any of us to judge how much talent he does or doesn't have when we've seen him play so little. We haven't seen him play much because of the injury. I'm not going to pretend to know what should happen next season. It depends on how serious the injury is. It depends on how quickly he recovers after the surgery. It depends on how hard he works to get back into shape. So there are just too many variables for anyone to claim to know what should be done.

I'm sure that after the season is done, Hakstol will carefully weigh the options and make the decision he thinks is best for Forney and the team. I have no idea what that decision will be.

All I know is that I talked to Michael on media day before the season started. He told me that he was 100 percent healthy. Now, maybe he wasn't as healthy as he thought he was. Or maybe he wanted to make the team so badly that he wasn't the best person to judge his physical fitness. Or maybe he re-injured the shoulder in practice or during a game. I don't know. And because I don't know, I'm not going to second-guess Hakstol's decision.

But second guessing Hakstol seems like the pasttime of so many posters here the past few years. :silly:

The point is that it's ridiculous for any of us to judge how much talent he does or doesn't have when we've seen him play so little. We haven't seen him play much because of the injury. I'm not going to pretend to know what should happen next season. It depends on how serious the injury is. It depends on how quickly Forney recovers after the surgery. It depends on how hard he works to get back into shape. So there are just too many variables for anyone to claim to know what should be done.

He has a long history of various injuries. Shoulder, ankle etc. I don't know when the last time he played a whole season without injury.