SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ SCSU

AZSIOUX

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to the announcers, it sounds like CC has more to gain with a win tomorrow than DU.

CC wins the Golden Bedpan, 3-0.

DU shutout first time ever at home back to back, 1st time since 1993 since DU has been shutout back to back games :angry:

so if sioux win tomorrow night no matter what we get 3rd?? thanks

DU shutout first time ever at home back to back, 1st time since 1993 since DU has been shutout back to back games :angry:

so if sioux win tomorrow night no matter what we get 3rd?? thanks

Don't think so if DU wins they will have 1 more conference win for the tiebreaker.

We need to get that #3 seed so we play Friday afternoon instead of playing the Thursday night game.

well thats correct but 50% is out of out hands and 50% is in our hands

GO SIOUX AND CC

Got back home to Mpls from the game tonite and have a few thoughts. Hope I can remember them all.

It was a real treat watching the DOT line from our SRO seats, right over the ice. Wow.

Lammy made some very good plays, but had a stretch in the 2nd period where he seemed to be fighting the puck. The one through his legs, a couple of bobbled gloves, and drop that fell just OUTSIDE the net (what luck). Yet he also made some game saving saves. Hopefully tomorrow is a better night all around. Both goaltenders had a period they would have liked to have had back.

If I was thinking that Duncan was made by playing with Oshie and Toews it was dispelled tonite. Certainly he benefits, as anyone would, but he's a contributor in his own right, and not just in shooting the puck. He made some very nice plays with the puck to feed his linemates tonite, and did some small things that show he's not an average player. Where most guys would have dumped an chased he would made a small move, hang on just a little longer, and find the streaking linemate who would break into the zone with speed. He tried to sneak across the slot for his wrister but SCSU played too good of defense and he was forced to the boards and would play keep-away with Toews and Oshie.

Someone mentioned Toews having trouble hanging on to the puck and there were many players tonite with that problem, and IMO more Sioux than Huskies.

I thought Miller played one of the better games I've seen him play this year. He was a real factor with the puck on the endboards, and creating scoring chances. He deserved to win the game with that backhand off the crossbar for how he played tonite. O well.

I agree with Hakstol about the Porter/VV/Miller line having a great night. Porter was a man on the puck, Miller was very effective, and VV was also strong on the puck as well. This line seemed to create more chances for themselves than they have when I've seen in the past. Whether that is VV or another reason I don't know. But they were a factor tonite for sure. Tonite the Sioux weren't just a one line team. They were easily 2 deep and you could argue 3.

Someone mentioned Kozek's good game and I also agree. He was great with the puck tonite, and was just short of creating some great chances.

We noticed Kozek was taking face-offs in the zone to Goepfert's right. Kaip to the left. We wondered why, and noticed that it was set up so a draw could come back to Kaip's natural shooting hand. Just as we noticed that Kozek one the draw (3rd period) to Kaip and he snapped off a quick shot to the upper far corner. Goepfert had no chance but it was a handful of inches wide. Great try.

Finley had a beautiful deflection in OT off an SCSU player that just went a few inches wide.

I thought Bina was very good tonite. Very steady.

Speaking of face-offs, why can't we win any? It seemed like SCSU won the first half-dozen or so of the game. It would really help if we could win those battles. I think the final tally had the Sioux winning about 35-40% of them.

Both teams had opportunties staring them in the face that could have won this game. No way did I think it would end in a 3-3 tie. In the 3rd we figured it would probably take at least a couple more goals to win this game.

Speaking of ties, it seems like it's been ages since the Sioux have won an OT game. Maybe not but it seems that way. Tonite it seemed like they dominated the OT session until the Fabian penalty. Boy did that hurt.

It was a great game to watch. Good up and down action, some physical play, mostly clean, fairly well officiated, though it should probably have been called tighter all around.

Wish I could be there tomorrow.

Oh, I forgot. You knew it was going to be a great day for hockey when a high school kid from the area came out and did a Jimi Hendrix version of the Star Spangled Banner. It made me wish I could play. Very fun.

Wouldn't we need to win our 1st round playoffs series in order to have the chance to do that? Nothing like putting the cart before the horse.

Well, yes, but third place guarantees we don't play the Thursday night game of the Final Five. Fourth or fifth means we hope for another team or two to get upset in the first round of the playoffs to not play the Thursday game.

I'm confused, (no jokes please!!). Are DU and CC playing in Denver tonight and in Colorado Springs tomorrow?

Oh and are the announcers from the local junior high? They sound really young but much better than the SC anouncers who were morons, IMHO.

I watched the Sioux game on the St Cloud link it was a decent game!!!!!but I have to report hearing the worst thing or maybe funniest!!!!but when the one of the SC anouncer said they are building a dynasty right now!!!! I thought to my self don't you have to win something FIRST?:angry:?:lol:?:lol:

I watched the Sioux game on the St Cloud link it was a decent game!!!!!but I have to report hearing the worst thing or maybe funniest!!!!but when the one of the SC anouncer said they are building a dynasty right now!!!! I thought to my self don't you have to win something FIRST?:lol:?:lol:?:lol:

I guess having back-to-back winning seasons constitutes a dynasty at the Clown College :angry:

I watched the Sioux game on the St Cloud link it was a decent game!!!!!but I have to report hearing the worst thing or maybe funniest!!!!but when the one of the SC anouncer said they are building a dynasty right now!!!! I thought to my self don't you have to win something FIRST?:lol:?:lol:?:lol:

When he used the word dynasty perhaps he was speaking of the DQ Cup. :angry:

Ok, I will bite, because Bruce McCloud seems to think there is nothing wrong with his officals.

Virg Foss really hit it out of the park today with his article in today's paper.

Is there a link to this article. Because of the snow, I haven't had a GFH delivered since Wednesday.

SCSU hockey dynasty ;) Maybe of Stearns County. I cringed when he said that. We seem to be heading in the right direction, but lets win at least one NCAA playoff game first.

I was on 94 this morning and the ice on the freeway was patchy with a small amount of drifting. Should be clear sailing if you are making the trip to SC.

First off, I loved the article by Virg Foss. It is right on. McLeod needs to go as even he doesn't have a clue on accountability.

Second, this dynasty thing doesn't phase me. Here's a few reasons why:

1. They are BUILDING a dynasty. That doesn't mean they have it.

2. For the first time in a long time SCSU homers (including their commentators) actually have a team worth getting excited about following.

3. For the first time since last year SCSU has had a coach who can indeed outcoach a coach in the WCHA. Dahl couldn't outcoach Goldie GOpher (forget about Lucia or Hakstol or anyone else).

Let them be excited. They finally have a coach who doesn't suck.