SiouxSports.com Forum

Stafford

gfbugman

Did everyone see drew stafford take care of buisness last night in the sabers/senetors game. He scored the game winner in the shootout and more important he stood up for his captain and started a big brawl. I am glad he is doing well, sure do miss him here though.

Did everyone see drew stafford take care of buisness last night in the sabers/senetors game. He scored the game winner in the shootout and more important he stood up for his captain and started a big brawl. I am glad he is doing well, sure do miss him here though.

That can't be the same Drew Stafford who played for the Sioux. He wasn't NHL material. :p:lol::lol:;)

For some people Drew could do know right. Geez all he did was score goals and shorties at that :lol:

I think the reason people maybe singled out Drew was because in 05 he had a great World Junior tourney. Then, when he got back with the Sioux it just seemed the same effort wasn't always put forth. That's not saying he doesn't have the skills, it's simply a matter of effort, night in and night out. In the NHL if you don't perform you either get sent to the minor's for an "attitude adjustment," or you simply don't play.

I think the reason people maybe singled out Drew was because in 05 he had a great World Junior tourney. Then, when he got back with the Sioux it just seemed the same effort wasn't always put forth. That's not saying he doesn't have the skills, it's simply a matter of effort, night in and night out. In the NHL if you don't perform you either get sent to the minor's for an "attitude adjustment," or you simply don't play.

That Sabres program gets the most out of their players, that's for sure.

Just think, we have 5 to 6 former Sioux to cheer for and watch in the NHL's eastern conf. right now. There's a chance that one of them might play for Lord Stanley??? The NHL playoffs should be fun to follow this spring.

That Sabres program gets the most out of their players, that's for sure.

Just think, we have 5 to 6 former Sioux to cheer for and watch in the NHL's eastern conf. right now. There's a chance that one of them might play for Lord Stanley??? The NHL playoffs should be fun to follow this spring.

I am hoping its Boston but I don't think its going to happen this season.

you mean Drew Stafford of Red Seal Peach?

Yeah, that guy. Who had any idea that he might be a decent pro hockey player, especially when it was obvious that his true talent was music? Who could ever forget the melodic power ballad "Fabian"? This is one of those rare instances in which the pro scouts actually had a clue. I'm amazed. :lol::lol: