SiouxSports.com Forum

Chris Porter close to becoming WCHA's all-time ironman

Sioux18

Don't see this discussed anywhere else....

Chris Porter has played in 164 consecutive games for UND. The conference record is 171, shared by John Johannson (UW 80-84) and Calvin Elfring (CC 94-98).

The regular season will get Chris to 168, assuming nothing crazy happens. So there are a number of ways Chris can set the record with a little playoff success (the most number of playoff games we could play would be 10, counting WCHA and NCAA tournaments). Hopefully the boys will keep taking it one game at a time and put Porter into the record books!

Sioux18

He'll be at 168 after the SCSU series.

Then with the first round WCHA playoffs, that would bring him to 170 or 171.

If they make both the F5 and the NCAA tourney, he will break the record for sure. Where he might run into difficulty is if the Sioux lose the 1st round WCHA playoffs in two games and don't make the F5. That would mean that they would have to win 2 games in the NCAA tourney (assuming they make it) in order for him to break the record.

Don't see this discussed anywhere else....

Chris Porter has played in 164 consecutive games for UND. The conference record is 171, shared by John Johannson (UW 80-84) and Calvin Elfring (CC 94-98).

The regular season will get Chris to 168, assuming nothing crazy happens. So there are a number of ways Chris can set the record with a little playoff success (the most number of playoff games we could play would be 10, counting WCHA and NCAA tournaments). Hopefully the boys will keep taking it one game at a time and put Porter into the record books!

Sioux18

Holy crap that is impressive!!

This is a very, VERY underrated achievement. Not to miss a single game in a four-year career is remarkable, particularly given that Chris plays a physical style of game. Plus a really SWEET skating stride that might just get him into the show.

Keep it up, Chris. We need you for another 12-14 games. :glare:

Not to mentioned not getting benched once by Blaise of Hak. This type of record is incredibly hard to achieve, because you also have to be on consistently excellent teams that can make it deep into the playoffs every year. What is the NCAA record?

171. I saw that in the 1st post.

171 is the conference (WCHA) record. I looked far and wide and couldn't find an official NCAA stat for consecutive games played. i guess I could look in each conference record book, but I haven't done that yet.

Sioux18

• 3 weeks later...
168 and counting....170(at least) after this weekend!!

If anything is going to curse him, this probably will. Let's hope that nothing now happens (injury, illness, etc.) this weekend so that he fails to break it or we will know who to blame.

Let's give some love to Chris today! His line kicked ass yesterday and will keep it going through the rest of the post-sesaon. If the Porter line continues to generate scoring, we will be very difficult to beat down the stretch!

Congrats to Porter, heres hoping for 175!