SiouxSports.com Forum

What will it take?

kvinbe

Schlossman shares that the Denver and SCSU series may go a long way in determining whether or not the Sioux get into the NCAA tournament.

I'm gonna say they need to get four of eight possible points, win the first playoff series, and simply make an appearance at the WCHA Final Five.

What do y'all think it will take to get in? ;)

One game at a time. Don't get ahead of ourselves. The tournement is important but the upcoming series is what we need to focus on. But i do agree. They need no less than a split in the next two series and get into the final five. But i think they need to at least win round 1 of the final five

One game at a time. Don't get ahead of ourselves. The tournement is important but the upcoming series is what we need to focus on. But i do agree. They need no less than a split in the next two series and get into the final five. But i think they need to at least win round 1 of the final five

You're right. We can't get ahead of ourselves -- especially this year. There is so much inconsistency across TUCs that just about anything can still happen. One thing is for sure, if the Sioux keep their unbeaten streak going, it's a lock that they're in. Fans like me can speculate, I just hope the players will be taking it one shift at a time. The players win every shift and there's nothing to worry about.

You're right. We can't get ahead of ourselves -- especially this year. There is so much inconsistency across TUCs that just about anything can still happen. One thing is for sure, if the Sioux keep their unbeaten streak going, it's a lock that they're in. Fans like me can speculate, I just hope the players will be taking it one shift at a time. The players win every shift and there's nothing to worry about.

We are not the players/coaches - we can get ahead of ourselves.

I think they need 4 points the next 2 weeks, a 1st round playoff win, and one win at the X to get to the NCAA's.

SOS will go up as we play out the rest of the season, which will help. I think 6-7 points will get us 3rd place.

We simply need to finish in the top 5 of the league and win the first round of the WCHA playoffs to get in.

Taking 3-4 points from Denver would be huge since it is the only meeting we will have. Splitting with SCSU will give us the tiebreaker with them too.

At a minimum, we have to split the next 2 series or we're in trouble. We also need to score more than 3 goals against a bottom dweller like UMD. I'm a little concerned that the MSU collapse in the 3rd period is having a lasting effect on this team.

Unfortunately, I think we have a very good chance of finishing 6th in the league which would kill our chances for the NCAAs.

When was the last time the Sioux have failed to make the big tourney? My stomach turns at the thought of it happening.

Relax, your squad will be in the "big dance". I think UND is 8th in the pairwise?? but add back the .003 they drop to 12th. Either way, UND makes it unless they get swept the next 2 weekends (which will not happen) and they don't win the First Final 5 series.

I think UND will be a possible 3 or even a #2 seed.

Relax, your squad will be in the "big dance". I think UND is 8th in the pairwise?? but add back the .003 they drop to 12th. Either way, UND makes it unless they get swept the next 2 weekends (which will not happen) and they don't win the First Final 5 series.

I think UND will be a possible 3 or even a #2 seed.

Dude I can't relax, I'm gonna be on edge until I hear for sure that they are in. I wish they could have played with the type of intensity they have now earlier in the season.

Dude I can't relax, I'm gonna be on edge until I hear for sure that they are in. I wish they could have played with the type of intensity they have now earlier in the season.

Realistically for UND to not make the ncaa's they would have to completly tank it the rest of the way. Which I really do not see that happening. I think it is just a matter of what region UND will be in.

Realistically for UND to not make the ncaa's they would have to completly tank it the rest of the way. Which I really do not see that happening. I think it is just a matter of what region UND will be in.

I don't think they would have to tank to not get in. If the Sioux split in Denver and St. Cloud(very possible) and then play Wisconsin in the first round and lose the Sioux would probably be out. Wisconsin is playing well right now and trying to end Elliot's career would not be easy.

I think the Sioux will find a way in but it's not as much of a lock as you think it is imo.

I don't think they would have to tank to not get in. If the Sioux split in Denver and St. Cloud(very possible) and then play Wisconsin in the first round and lose the Sioux would probably be out. Wisconsin is playing well right now and trying to end Elliot's career would not be easy.

I think the Sioux will find a way in but it's not as much of a lock as you think it is imo.

Thank you merry Sun Shine...

I almost be money we dont play wisconsin, we will have a better chance of playing tech, in my opinion. I say we will find second place and at the worst third. So unless wisconsin plans on finishing 7th or 8th, we wont face them. BE POSITIVE PEOPLE....

Seriously. Winning cures alot of "what ifs", and that journey starts this weekend, and doesn't stop until the final horn this spring.

True. While I'm not predicting anything, I do like UND's chances. The Sioux have played their best games on the road. They played well at Denver last season for five of six periods. Neither the Pioneers nor the Huskies have been playing that well lately, while the Sioux have. Two or three victories against WCHA teams ahead of UND will do wonders for the team's PairWise Ranking.