SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Mavericks

siouxnami

That is just a bad waste of one hell of a good opportunity. Should have been a salute weekend and they let it slip through their fingers. I won't, refuse to, give the landcows credit for coming out and "stealing" the game tonight. They played almost the same game as last night, maybe put up a little bit better effort S.O.G., but they didn't deserve that tie. Towes saved their bacon tonight.

Well, better this weekend than out in Denver in a couple of weeks. And, it wasn't a loss, but it sure does feel like it after last night and the 1st period tonight.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why's that? :lol:

Having to play the first round on the road when you are fighting for the NCAA's as a 6 seed as opposed to hosting the first round as a 5 seed. Let's face it, the Sioux needed these 4 points and the 4 points against the UMD as it will be tough to get points from DU and SCSU on the road. They have to close out teams that are far less talented like Mankato.

That is just a bad waste of one hell of a good opportunity. Should have been a salute weekend and they let it slip through their fingers. I won't, refuse to, give the landcows credit for coming out and "stealing" the game tonight. They played almost the same game as last night, maybe put up a little bit better effort S.O.G., but they didn't deserve that tie. Towes saved their bacon tonight.

Well, better this weekend than out in Denver in a couple of weeks. And, it wasn't a loss, but it sure does feel like it after last night and the 1st period tonight.

Speaking of that weekend, who's all coming down? We need to be loud in Magness.

Having to play the first round on the road when you are fighting for the NCAA's as a 6 seed as opposed to hosting the first round as a 5 seed. Let's face it, the Sioux needed these 4 points and the 4 points against the UMD as it will be tough to get points from DU and SCSU on the road. They have to close out teams that are far less talented like Mankato.

They didn't seem to have too much trouble getting their four at UMTC. :lol:

In any other year, I would agree. But the way this team plays at home and on the road this season - I might take our chances in someone else's barn. I was at both of those goofer blood lettings (it was soooooooo sweeeeet!!) our guys didn't flinch when they were down either night. Tonight you could just feel the energy and life slowly seeping out of our guys. It was like a diesel truck in the middle of January in North Dakota, things just kept getting slower and more gummed up the farther you drive.

Anyway, I would rather have them taste this bitter bile now and remember it come March.

In any other year, I would agree. But the way this team plays at home and on the road this season - I might take our chances in someone else's barn. I was at both of those goofer blood lettings (it was soooooooo sweeeeet!!) our guys didn't flinch when they were down either night. Tonight you could just feel the energy and life slowly seeping out of our guys. It was like a diesel truck in the middle of January in North Dakota, things just kept getting slower and more gummed up the farther you drive.

Anyway, I would rather have them taste this bitter bile now and remember it come March.

Point taken....I guess I am pissed to see this team miss out on a opportunity to sweep a sh*tty team like Mankato.

Maybe it'll be good for them. Yes they had been working hard, but maybe they were getting things too easy. A little adversity WITHOUT losing may be just the ticket. Put a little fear into them.

This should light a fire behind the late season run and they will hopefully come out guns blazing against UMD.

Besides, Denver is obviously not unbeatable at this point. :lol::huh: Just keep working hard, and DON'T LET UP EVER!!

Point taken....I guess I am pissed to see this team miss out on a opportunity to sweep a sh*tty team like Mankato.

Amen brother, I'm right there with you. After watching them absolutely FLY last night, and even into the first period tonight - it really chapped me to see them step on their dicks with 5 seconds left in the game. They need to rid themselves of that in the next 2 weeks and move into the playoffs crystal clear.

Yes and what is Denver's record in their last 10??

And who did they just take only 1 point from this weekend?

We've done well in SCSU's concrete heaven and if UND keeps working hard they should be able to win at least one in each place. A split on the road is NOT too much to ask when UND is 9-1-2 in their last 12.

UND is capable of beating anyone. That is what make a game like this so maddening.

In the first period, when they were outworking Mankato, they got garbage goals, regular goals, skill goals. In the third period, when 'Kato outworked UND, UND couldn't even hold a two goal lead with 93 seconds to go. Weak.

Yes and what is Denver's record in their last 10??

And who did they just take only 1 point from this weekend?

We've done well in SCSU's concrete heaven and if UND keeps working hard they should be able to win at least one in each place. A split on the road is NOT too much to ask when UND is 9-1-2 in their last 12.

DU is 5-1-4 in the last 10 games...

DU is truly a team the Sioux can beat....it will be tough going down to the wire and each point is HUGE.