SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Toews, Bina trouble

proudsioux

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the media has spent a week reporting it like they were acting like NFL and NBA players.

I think back to PCM point, why isn't the story of three guys getting lead away in hand cuffs more important?

Why aren't the other 4 kids cited names not available?

from the Herald

"Oshie, a sophomore forward from Warroad, Minn., and Toews, a sophomore forward from Winnipeg, were among six cited. The others are Brandon Horton, Latasha Schenfisch, Laci Ginder and Tara Fugleston. "

That's bull sh&t. Kids don't drink because there's nothing else to do and it's not just a Grand Forks problem. This is a problem on every single campus across the country; as well as in high schools.

They are actually thinking of putting up fences along the river in downtown Lacross Wi (home of 3-4 colleges) because so many students get drunk - fall in - and drowned.

whats the differance between a dui and dwi

No difference. Same thing. Terminology. At least in Minnesota.

Many states have varying degrees of severity, based on a number of factors,

including blood alcohol reading, number of prior offenses, whether injury or property

damage is involved, whether kids under a certain age are in the car, and

whether or not the alleged perp is a Gopher fan. These are often called "aggravating factors."

from the Herald

"Oshie, a sophomore forward from Warroad, Minn., and Toews, a sophomore forward from Winnipeg, were among six cited. The others are Brandon Horton, Latasha Schenfisch, Laci Ginder and Tara Fugleston. "

Thanks I didn't see them when I read the news paper, and when I went back and re-read today's hearld I still don't see them in the paper or on line. Is it possible they removed the names from the article? I guess I shoud wake up. Thanks I made my correction also.

Heraldo article

UND hockey player Robbie Bina will be charged with trying to help two underage friends escape a police car during a bust Sunday at Judy's Tavern in Grand Forks, a city prosecutor said.

Fellow players Jonathan Toews, 18, and T.J. Oshie, 20, were ticketed along with four other minors for being in the bar. Bina, 24, opened the door of a patrol car where two of them sat and then walked away, according to Grand Forks city prosecutor Kristi Pettit. One of the minors in the car was a fellow hockey player, she said.

More details about the incident won't be released until Monday, according to Pettit.

Pettit said Judy's Tavern itself might face charges for having minors on the premises. It depends on whether the investigating officers forward charges against the bar owners.

No difference. Same thing. Terminology. At least in Minnesota.

Many states have varying degrees of severity, based on a number of factors,

including blood alcohol reading, number of prior offenses, whether injury or property

damage is involved, whether kids under a certain age are in the car, and

whether you are a Gopher fan. These are often called "aggravating factors."

Would driving over neighbors garbage can and landing in their yard count as aggravating factors? ???

from the Herald

Wow. Those there some names. I think they were bussed in from the Twin Cities on a trip financed by the boys over at GPL with instructions to raise a little hell.

because I left and only get back about 4-5 times a year ???

I moved from GFK to SAT and now to IAH, that may have had something to do with it.

Sprig, seriously, how old are you? We could not go through a golf or hockey season while I was at RR without planning around 6-week suspensions (we just hoped for no seconds)...it was very common in the 90's and is only more common today.

wow, all I can say is wow....to tell the truth I didn't know ANY 24 year olds w/ a DWI when I was around that age..to try and pass it off as "common"...wow

and as for possibly opening a cop car door to let your buddies out? "nothing most of wouldn't do"...again wow, the cops must be WAY more nice up in UND land, because doing that in Mpls will get you tossed to the ground and cuffed or tazered.

you can down play a lot of this as kids being kids, but seriously, if this was anyone but these kids , there would be different tones coming from UND fans.

All said and done this is getting more media attention than it realy warrants, so welcome to our hell from last year.

W

You have a dart going into a half smashed beer can and you didn't know anyone with a DUI at age 24? Was that a Sharps or O'Douls beer can?

You have a dart going into a half smashed beer can and you didn't know anyone with a DUI at age 24? Was that a Sharps or O'Douls beer can?

Yeah that's what I am thinking; me thinks he is full of it up to his eyeballs. ??? Actually if you think about it, they are not that hard to get, if you drink and drive enough. I had this same conversation with my father one time a whileback and he said he didn't know anyone with a DWI, I am not sure one can live in the north country with out knowing someone with a DUI? I know lots of people have gotten them. However, that doesn't mean I am going to go out and get one because I would lose my chushy Government job if I got one today. I was young and stupid so I would never make that statement. I am lucky that I never got one, there used to be a day when I used to be dumb and stupid, oh say about 24-26 years. ;) Not proud of it but I have moved on. Still drink beer, just make sure to not take chances.

So why is Grand Forks North Dakota #2 in the nation in binge drinking? Only 2nd to san antonia. Id say its fairly common here.

Where did I say it wasn't a problem in Grand Forks?? I was pointing out it's a NATIONAL problem not just a GRAND FORKS problem.

Where did I say it wasn't a problem in Grand Forks?? I was pointing out it's a NATIONAL problem not just a GRAND FORKS problem.

You didn't...in my opinion, drinking is no more of a problem today than were sex, drugs and alcohol in the last four decades. I see two major differences. First, media liberals (Anderson Cooper) and feminazis (Oprah) weren't around thirty years to draw attention to the concern. As a result, more action is probably taken on issues pertaining to alcohol than was in the past.

That being said, living in Texas, I must say underage drinking is much more organized and parents are much more accomodating. By this I mean parents understand underage drinking is going to happen and instead of turning their backs to the problem, educate thier children and take necessary steps to see that what could be a very deadly situation remains controlled.

I should say that I do not, in any way, condone underage drinking..I am just telling it the way it is...

In grand forks, id say thats fairly common. My buddy is a PO and he has to deal with kids under 18 all day dealing with dui's. Thats what kids in GF do they drink and drive. Nothin else to do in this town for them.

Just to let you know that this is a Piss Poor excuse, and you have the choice, and you need to take responsibility for own actions

Were they cited for drinking or for just being in a bar?

If they were cited for being in a bar then why is it ok for them to play in the REA where beer is served? What about restaraunts that serve wine or beer?

So I guess it's ok for minors to go to some places that serve alcohol but not others. Does the state have some sort of list or something that lists which drinking establishments minors can go to and which ones they can't?

Were they cited for drinking or for just being in a bar?

If they were cited for being in a bar then why is it ok for them to play in the REA where beer is served? What about restaraunts that serve wine or beer?

So I guess it's ok for minors to go to some places that serve alcohol but not others. Does the state have some sort of list or something that lists which drinking establishments minors can go to and which ones they can't?

zzzzz in this topic already......Bina, at most gets a little bit of time off...relax....someone end this topic already holy shet!!!

We wouldn't be discussing this if it wouldn't have been for the actions of a worthless, jealous, s&!t-eating, big fat, hairy, nasty rat.

Actions have consequences, and we wouldn't be discussing this if Bina, Oshie, & Toews didn't screw up. But they did, no excuses, including by you...

Actions have consequences, and we wouldn't be discussing this if Bina, Oshie, & Toews didn't screw up. But they did, no excuses, including by you...

Yeah, I'm sure you know the whole story, so it's fine for you to pass judgement. I'm not making up excuses, I'm simply saying that some jealous pos got 'em, and they got 'em good.