SiouxSports.com Forum

Lets Go Sioux

anthony

To take a phrase from KFAN, thankyou Minnesota, they beat the SCCC Hussies 5-3. I almost feel dirty from saying that. MTU is laying the woods to UMD 6-2. Wow, what a night for hockey. Maine lost to UMass. So they are done in their conference tourney. Life for the Sioux is changing for the moment, they are now in 4th place in the WCHA.

Way to go boys... Lets get two more points tomorrow. I think Blaiser was a little premature in yanking Marc tonight, CB reminds me of Coach Keenan of the Florida Panthers...

Great third period! Best in a long time. thumbsup.gif

Blais said on this week's coaches show that the Sioux were just going to fire away. They did and it paid off.

What a game by Fylling! worship.gif

It was nice to see some bounces go UND's way for a change.

Let's win game two and build some momentum for the playoffs. grinyes.gif

Earlier this season I wouldn't have guessed I would be gushing over a win against sconnie but you take what you need.....

Great job by the team. They proved they haven't given up. They worked through the adversity of dominating the other team early and not having much of a lead.

Goon, what did Ranfranz have, 2 goals in about 6 shots or something? I didn't listen so maybe I'm off there, but Blais can't allow that on the ice. The rest of the team deserves a goalie that can stop the puck 9 of 10 times. I think Blais had to make the chance. If Ranfranz is having an off night, they can't afford another loss right now. The team NEEDED a win at all costs.

Spiewak, dinged up tire and STILL manages to pot 2 goals. He's the man!

Like seeing McMahon score.

Sounds like Fylling had a good game.

This sounds good all around. Way to go Sioux!

Earlier this season I wouldn't have guessed I would be gushing over a win against sconnie but you take what you need.....

Great job by the team.  They proved they haven't given up.  They worked through the adversity of dominating the other team early and not having much of a lead.

Goon, what did Ranfranz have, 2 goals in about 6 shots or something?  I didn't listen so maybe I'm off there, but Blais can't allow that on the ice.  The rest of the team deserves a goalie that can stop the puck 9 of 10 times.  I think Blais had to make the chance.  If Ranfranz is having an off night, they can't afford another loss right now.  The team NEEDED a win at all costs.

Spiewak, dinged up tire and STILL manages to pot 2 goals.  He's the man!

Like seeing McMahon score.

Sounds like Fylling had a good game.

This sounds good all around.  Way to go Sioux!

Sorry, but those goals weren't soft. Not trying to knock you or anything

In defense of Ranny, the 2 goals were basically clearing attempts went bad... The first one came after a clearing attempt from the front of the net and landed on a wide open wisco stick at about 10 feet.

The second goal the puck bounced of Greene or Jonesy's skate(cant remeber which one) behind the net and ended up on the hash marks on a wide open stick... Ranny didnt have a prayer.

I was kinda surprised when Blais pulled Ranny, but we won so who am I to bitch?

And a 4 assist effort for Fyling-- great to see, and even more shocking.... MATT GREENE STAYED OUT OF THE BOX and still played a good game. Remember that Matt you can still kick ass and dont have to take penalites!!!

It's true that Ranfranz was put in a bad position by his teammates on both goals. On the first one, I think he was screened and never saw it.

On the second one, yes, it wasn't his fault that he was left out to dry by a bad pass. But he was facing Talafous, a Badger player who'd only scored two goals all year. Marc made him look like Peter Sejna.

It's hard to say if Ranfranz would have been okay the rest of the game. However, Brandt was and the Sioux got the win, which is what really matters.

I believe that the first goal was redirected off of a UND player was it not??

It may have been but they only showed the replay once on TV and it was kinda hard to tell.

Aslo those Wisco TV guys make Woog and Friend sound like rocket scientists!!!

I like what I saw tonight from the team, they got down a goal and kept on playing hard... Good game, lets keep it up

The first UW goal was a good shot, but the second one I'll have to agree with PCM. Ranfranz had all the time in the world to prepare for the shot, and I felt he should have made the save. It's like Hennessey said, Greene can make that pass and 1 out of 100 times it will go off of Jone's skates, but that 1 time is when you really need to have a goalie who can come up with a big save. From the start I just thought Ranfranz looked shaky, and Brandt came in and looked confident. I was surprised by the move that early, but the team did need the win.

What a great game by the Sioux though! We finally got to see them dominate 3 whole periods and WIN! ??? Let's ride this new winning streak all the way through Buffalo now so Notermann can break Lee Davidson's record for games played in a career. :(

And also, whoever said before this weekend that the Wisconsin broadcasters would be worse than Woog and Mozzaco (Goon?) was absolutely right. "Peanut Butter!" ??? I listened to TH, but every now and then turned the mute off the tv to see what they had to say, particularly after penalties. A Wisconsin penalty, and "Parise was acting a bit." Yup, Parise has become good at acting with a stick or arm around his neck. The one guy made it sound like Wisconsin played a great game. Hello, they had what, 14 shots on goal and could hardly clear the zone. ??? Like TH said, it was the men against the boys out there tonight.