SiouxSports.com Forum

Sports Center #1

morley

1. Murphy vs. the Gophers in early 70's (the worst of all of them), don't remember who made the clear.

2. Casey vs Wisco (Chelios) in early 80's.

3. Kollar vs MN (Leopold) as posted by PCM.

That's the three vs the Sioux that I remember. Last night's might be a first for the Sioux.

There was one other one that I remember from about 1976-77 or so. Dave Geving of the Sioux flipped one down into the Colorado College zone from right about the red line to get a line change. The puck landed in front of Eddie Mio, CC's outstanding goalie. It bounced a couple of times and went in over his glove. IIRC the Sioux won 3-2.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Frazee - I saw him raise his hand earlier for an icing call with 20 some seconds left in a Goph PP. No wonder Lucia took him out - his mind must have been elsewhere.

At Friday's luncheon - Don stated that he did not have a #1 goalie yet - wonder if that has changed at all over the past couple of days.

Maybe the thought of having to face Toews again sent him back to Blarneys. :glare:

There was one other one that I remember from about 1976-77 or so. Dave Geving of the Sioux flipped one down into the Colorado College zone from right about the red line to get a line change. The puck landed in front of Eddie Mio, CC's outstanding goalie. It bounced a couple of times and went in over his glove. IIRC the Sioux won 3-2.

Wasn't there a miserable long-ball goal by Mankato in the REA with Kollar in net? I believe this was Dec 1st, 2001, when UND suffered a sweep at the hands of the Mavs (Saturday night 0-6). I think this was the night the alums gave Dean Blais a fishing boat. Should have taken it back after that game and just given him dead fish instead :glare:.

I do recall some of the veteran Mavs players giving Kollar an extra pat on the back during handshakes because it was such a horrible series for him. Sure, it's perhaps easy for Mankato to be gracious on a night like that, but I always remember that action by those players and how they respected Kollar.

taz digs Goofer sweep

they still have Solei. I was hoping to see him last night.

I'm kinda suprised he didn't play last night. With the fact that the Gophers have no one to dress maybe they should bring Solei with and play him a game against UAA. With the way Briggs and Frazee are playing, it couldn't hurt any.

Wasn't there a miserable long-ball goal by Mankato in the REA with Kollar in net? I believe this was Dec 1st, 2001, when UND suffered a sweep at the hands of the Mavs (Saturday night 0-6). I think this was the night the alums gave Dean Blais a fishing boat. Should have taken it back after that game and just given him dead fish instead :ohmy:.

I do recall some of the veteran Mavs players giving Kollar an extra pat on the back during handshakes because it was such a horrible series for him. Sure, it's perhaps easy for Mankato to be gracious on a night like that, but I always remember that action by those players and how they respected Kollar.

taz digs Goofer sweep

You mean there was more than Leopold's launch on opening night? Uff Da. I'm glad one finally went our way. I remember the boat coming out on the ice, the rest of the weekend must have been lost from traumatic stress syndrome.

Isn't there a way to search for the top ten plays on the ESPN website?

Also, where is AZ or somebody else that knows how to start a new topic posting pictures to preview the Mankato series? I am so excited right now that I wish they played again tonight. Let's get pumped about the future of the team and get this thing rolling!

Isn't there a way to search for the top ten plays on the ESPN website?

Also, where is AZ or somebody else that knows how to start a new topic posting pictures to preview the Mankato series? I am so excited right now that I wish they played again tonight. Let's get pumped about the future of the team and get this thing rolling!

Need to put the pictures on webspace and than link them from here to that site. I could do it, but I always let AZSioux do it. However, I'm sure he's recovering from one heck of a B-day present from the Sioux.

Need to put the pictures on webspace and than link them from here to that site. I could do it, but I always let AZSioux do it. However, I'm sure he's recovering from one heck of a B-day present from the Sioux.

Let's start looking forward to this weekend Mavs vs. Sioux!!! Get it started AZ!

im on it right now, man am i hungover....

Wasn't there a miserable long-ball goal by Mankato in the REA with Kollar in net? I believe this was Dec 1st, 2001, when UND suffered a sweep at the hands of the Mavs (Saturday night 0-6). I think this was the night the alums gave Dean Blais a fishing boat. Should have taken it back after that game and just given him dead fish instead :ohmy:.

The fishing boat presentation to Blais was during the second game against Maine. It was the first Sioux series I covered for USCHO. Kollar did have an especially bad game that night, the first of many that season.