SiouxSports.com Forum

Sports Center #1

morley

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we have a worthy replacement video for Spirko's shorthanded goal against the Gophers. :glare:

I still like watching Spirko make the Gophers look foolish, and of course Briggs.

I was at work and I looked up from what I was doing to see that goal go in and

the smirk on Robbie face was priceless. That was a defining moment and a momentum killer.

That kid is like blessed by the hockey Gods. What a weekend. I haven't seen that Since Ray Borqure did that

about 15 years ago from about 75 feet out when he was playing for Boston.

I still like watching Spirko make the Gophers look foolish, and of course Briggs.

I was at work and I looked up from what I was doing to see that goal go in and

the smirk on Robbie face was priceless. That was a defining moment and a momentum killer.

That kid is like blessed by the hockey Gods. What a weekend. I haven't seen that Since Ray Borqure did that

about 15 years ago from about 75 feet out when he was playing for Boston.

One of the Wild players did the same thing from center ice last year, flipped the puck in for a line change and it went in the net.

BOO YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :glare:

NOTHING BUT NET :glare:

BACK,BACK,BACK,BACK,BACK, AH SH#$, IT WENT THROUGH LONG ISLAND FRAZEE :D

WHAT F'N SIEVE

That may be the weakest goal of the year, but let's recap the Gopher goaltender weekend:

Briggs: 5 periods, 9 goals

Frazee: 1 period, 3 goals.

As you can plainly see, Briggs is the bigger sieve so let Frazee have the benefit of the doubt. :D

I can't begin to tell how proud I am of the boys. I figured that they were going to get burned this weekend, BIGTIME. After Friday night's game, I actually believed that they could sweep. To have them actually do it, I am SO PROUD to be a Sioux fan.

Congratulations, Gentlemen!!!

I remember a Sioux goalie giving up a similar goal in the past. Was it Kollar? Or Dickson? or Couture?

It was Kollar in Mankato. One of the Mavs (I don't remember who) flipped the puck high in the air (but not from the defensive goal line, more near the defensive blue line) as he peeled off for a line change, and Kollar let it drop down behind him for a goal. Didn't he take himself out of the game after that?

It was Kollar in Mankato. One of the Mavs (I don't remember who) flipped the puck high in the air (but not from the defensive goal line, more near the defensive blue line) as he peeled off for a line change, and Kollar let it drop down behind him for a goal. Didn't he take himself out of the game after that?

I don't remember that, but I do remember this from the very first game in the new Engelstad Arena on Oct. 5, 2001:

A small scuffle along the glass resulted in tensions flaring and a UND power play. Jordan Leopold spoiled the chance for UND, however. The senior blueliner for the Gophers flipped a high shot to clear the zone, and the puck dribbled past a visibly frustrated Kollar for the goal. The assist on the short-handed goal went to Paul Martin. Leopold's goal would prove to be a back-breaker for the Sioux.

1. Murphy vs. the Gophers in early 70's (the worst of all of them), don't remember who made the clear.

2. Casey vs Wisco (Chelios) in early 80's.

3. Kollar vs MN (Leopold) as posted by PCM.

That's the three vs the Sioux that I remember. Last night's might be a first for the Sioux.

Poor Frazee - I saw him raise his hand earlier for an icing call with 20 some seconds left in a Goph PP. No wonder Lucia took him out - his mind must have been elsewhere.

At Friday's luncheon - Don stated that he did not have a #1 goalie yet - wonder if that has changed at all over the past couple of days.

Poor guy - I saw him raise his hand earlier for an icing call with 20 some seconds left in a Goph PP. No wonder Lucia took him out - his mind must have been elsewhere.

At Friday's luncheon - Don stated that he did not have a #1 goalie yet - wonder if that has changed at all over the past couple of days.

One's letting up 180 footers, and the other is allowing 9 goals on the weekend........I don't think so!