SiouxSports.com Forum

Will BRIDGES Plan Backfire?

CDog

Is it possible that the NCAA might actually come to UND to accept its "award", and in doing so, see nothing hostile or abusive? Just a thought. Maybe they'll ask to have the award mailed to Indian-apolis, to avoid all the racism in GF.

Is it possible that the NCAA might actually come to UND to accept its "award", and in doing so, see nothing hostile or abusive? Just a thought. Maybe they'll ask to have the award mailed to Indian-apolis, to avoid all the racism in GF.

The only thing hostile and abusive they should see is a large contingent of nickname supporters protesting them outside the award ceremony!!! :lol:

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no doubt that the Name Change group will drag out decades old evidence, manufactured evidence and anectodal evidence to show the NC$$ the hostile and abusive environment at UND and in the Grand Forks community at large.

oh - you know they'll schedule the big "press conference" so the backdrop will be that Lucy G museum of 60's and 70's cartoon stereotype merchandise she has... :lol:;) What credibility do they have to give a "humanitarian award" anyway? It seems they're more about burning bridges than BUILDING bridges...

If they NCAA came to GF to accept the award, they would not see all the good they would see what they want to see. Unfortunatly, Myles Brand and his band of idiots can not see past there PC noses and see all the good that UND does.

Wrong. They will see what they want to see. Brand and his cronies know no barriers and cannot sniff a rat. First off, if a Native American student is walking down the sidewalk out of the library towards say, Tabula, or perhaps towards the residence halls (as an example) and a student who isn't Native American walks by him or her without acknowledging the Native American's presence I'm sure Brand will label that as simple ignorance or intolerance brought upon by the cruel and demeaning imagery.

Also, I wouldn't put it past some of the more radical extremists among the pro-nickname changers to attempt to stage something. There are a few ultra liberal non-Native Americans in the group that is pro-nickname changers. A simple change in costume and a script later, and the NCAA has "evidence"

The Forum actually got something right today (and here I had lambasted them just yesterday :lol: )

Editorial: UND's BRIDGES pours gas on logo fire

No matter what one thinks about the appropriateness of the Fighting Sioux logo at the University of North Dakota, a cheap shot does nothing to advance civil debate or come to a resolution.

Today a UND student organization will lower itself to cheap-shot status by giving a representative of the NCAA an award as a way to say thank you for the NCAA

I have no doubt that the Name Change group will drag out decades old evidence, manufactured evidence and anectodal evidence to show the NC$$ the hostile and abusive environment at UND and in the Grand Forks community at large.

As we know anectodal evidence is all the pro name change crowd brought before the NCAA, I saw nothing in the form of police reports or actual evidence of hositle and abbusiveness. God next time your car or house is broken just whip out that anectodal evidence you have and see how well that works for you.

There are a few ultra liberal non-Native Americans in the group that is pro-nickname changers. A simple change in costume and a script later, and the NCAA has "evidence"

Yeah the facualty from the UND Sociology Department. :lol:

Thanks for posting this. Nice to see some local media finally coming from this point of view.

I read that in the Fargo Fish Wrapper and I totatlly agree with most of that article. These kids are being used to forward a political agenda, it doesn't take much of a scholar to see it.

My alarm clock is set to some Forks radio station and when it went off the day that the story broke they were discussing it. Moreso they were making fun of the nomination to the NCAA for the award. I have no idea what radio station it was and I only listened for a couple minutes. But it was pretty clear that they weren't taking the nomination or the award very seriously and ridiculing it.

If I had an important award to hand out, I would make sure that it was given to someone that is actually deserving or someone or something that would be mocked like this was. I guess that I haven't gotten too fired up about it, because it basically means nothing.

The one thing that keeps going through my head is, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you."

My alarm clock is set to some Forks radio station and when it went off the day that the story broke they were discussing it. Moreso they were making fun of the nomination to the NCAA for the award. I have no idea what radio station it was and I only listened for a couple minutes. But it was pretty clear that they weren't taking the nomination or the award very seriously and ridiculing it.

If I had an important award to hand out, I would make sure that it was given to someone that is actually deserving or someone or something that would be mocked like this was. I guess that I haven't gotten too fired up about it, because it basically means nothing.

The one thing that keeps going through my head is, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you."

You hit the nail on top the head Hockey Mom, no one takes these people seriously because most of their so called evidence has no actual evidence to it,anectodal evidence. They have so many left wing college professors pulling these kids strings. The Forum editorial got it right but I think it might actually be an accident. I can't believe they let this slip by the editorial board. It didn't have the ussual UND bad, logo bad. More moral high ground being taken.

Returning to the warped logic if one person is offended then that item must be dis-continued. Like I said before I am offended by Hillary Clinton so her presidential campaign should be discontinued immediatley.

You hit the nail on top the head Hockey Mom, no one takes these people seriously because most of their so called evidence has no actual evidence to it,anectodal evidence. They have so many left wing college professors pulling these kids strings. The Forum editorial got it right but I think it might actually be an accident. I can't believe they let this slip by the editorial board. It didn't have the ussual UND bad, logo bad. More moral high ground being taken.

Returning to the warped logic if one person is offended then that item must be dis-continued. Like I said before I am offended by Hillary Clinton so her presidential campaign should be discontinued immediatley.

Hey Goon I couldn't agree more.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973