SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie next season?

PCM

Oshie plays hard, but PLEASE stop giving the puck to the other team in front of your own net...

Oshie is the best thing to happen to Sioux Hockey in years.

The kid has heart for years.

The biggest disapointment in my mind is the mentality of the WCHA. Back when Danny Heatly played for wisco you could not even breathe on him without a trip to the box. Oshie and Toews are every bit as talented and dynamic as he was. Why doesn't the league protect it's marque players. People all over the county want to see these two kids skate, but with all the clutching, grabbing, and dumping that is going on, it's very hard for that to happen. When will the WCHA figure it out???

Oshie is the best thing to happen to Sioux Hockey in years.

The kid has heart for years.

The biggest disapointment in my mind is the mentality of the WCHA. Back when Danny Heatly played for wisco you could not even breathe on him without a trip to the box. Oshie and Toews are every bit as talented and dynamic as he was. Why doesn't the league protect it's marque players. People all over the county want to see these two kids skate, but with all the clutching, grabbing, and dumping that is going on, it's very hard for that to happen. When will the WCHA figure it out???

I agree with your admiration for Oshie, but if you are saying Heatley was not hooked, clutched and grabbed, you were not paying attention. He scored with people hanging all over him all the time--that's one of the things he was freakishly good at.

I agree with your admiration for Oshie, but if you are saying Heatley was not hooked, clutched and grabbed, you were not paying attention. He scored with people hanging all over him all the time--that's one of the things he was freakishly good at.

I disagree. The three times I saw us play wisco in 2000, twice in Madison and the a$$ kicking we gave them in the final five you could not even come close to him. I think more than anything I am just bothered by the lack of respect our big time players receive.

Let them skate. Look at any of the other conferences in college hockey or even the NHL, they all have their acts cleaned up.

So he wanted a one way deal then?

No, the Blackhawks never offered him a contract. Whether it was a one-way or a two-way. Toews told Chicago that he only wanted to play in the NHL or he would go back to UND. So technically Chicago never offered him said contract.

Well Ive talked to oshies dad, as i've said before, and he basically said TJ loves it here at UND. So with a little bit of praying, and crossing fingers, we may just get him back for one more year!

Last time I talked to TJ's dad, it sounded like he wanted TJ to play four years for UND and get his degree. I really hope TJ stays the whole four years but the opportunity in front of him may make for an easy decision. Go pro now and get you're degree later. :lol:

So he wanted a one way deal then?

He just wanted to be assured that he would spend the majority of the year the NHL (thus earning his $850,00/year) instead of in minors (making $85,000/year). Chicago would not give him that assurance.

So, yes, essentially he wanted a one way contract.......which can longer be offered to rookies drafted last year or coming years under the terms of the new CBA. If he had been drafted earlier (I know he was not elegible), the same terms would not apply. The player union negotiated in some "grandfathering" of of the terms of the old CBA (for one year) for players who drafted while it was still in effect. So it made sense for people like Potulney/Stafford to leave when they did and take advantage of the money that was available to them last spring/summer, that would not have been available to coming spring.

Blues Notes: Top prospects get a look

Oshie, a sophomore, told the Post-Dispatch last week that he hasn't made up his mind about turning professional after the season. MacInnis was asked if the 20-year-old was ready.

"It's a tough question to answer for various reasons," MacInnis said. "No. 1, he's got to feel comfortable about what he thinks is right to do. And no matter if he does come out, he's got to prove himself. He's got to come in here and earn a spot. It's a tough question because I don't think anybody could say 'This guy is 100 percent sure (of making the team).' But we feel that he's going to play in the league . . . we just don't know exactly when."

After watching the Blues dynamic bunch of highly skilled forwards last night and really their whole team, I don't see how Oshie and EJ won't be getting major minutes on that team next year.

:silly: Yeah that was pretty funny. Especially the salt in wound goal with under 10 seconds left. Is that think on youtube?

After watching the Blues dynamic bunch of highly skilled forwards last night and really their whole team, I don't see how Oshie and EJ won't be getting major minutes on that team next year.

I agree. After seeing the Blues last night, and watching Oshie & EJ this season, hard to believe that they wouldn't get a lot of playing in St. Louis next year.

They were actually playing pretty well into the third (?) period I think. When Minnesota scored their 2nd goal it was pretty much over.

Legace stood on his head until whatshisface scored. Bouchard? After that, the Blues caved.

By the way, whose fault is it for the glaring ice? Or was my TV starting to die on me?