SiouxSports.com Forum

Jason Blake

UNDintheNHL

Under the "Rumor Central" area of ESPN.com/NHL there is a little rumor going around about Blake. here is what it said...

Will Blake be moved by trade deadline?

Jan 19 - Jason Blake leads the Islanders in scoring and he's headed to the All-Star Game next week, but all of that success isn't necessarily locking him up with the club.

According to a report in Newsday, Isles GM Garth Snow has not yet made an offer to Blake, who is set to become a free agent July 1.

Snow said that they intend on keeping the left winger.

"We haven't thought like that [of trading away players]," Snow told the newspaper. "I anticipate us adding pieces. We absolutely want him back."

Said Neil Sheehy, Blake's agent: "Nothing has been done, but the Islanders have made it very clear they want to sign Jason. I don't like to distract players during the season. I told Jason I don't see a trade happening, especially if they're in the playoff hunt."

we'll see what happens. i DO know, just because its the team that i follow, that the Carolina Hurricanes are looking to make a trade for a high-profile forward to boost their front line, like they did last year with Recchi and Weight. I would go nuts if they picked up Blake. I'd love to see Blake and Commy skatin together.

How abooooot Blake for Dupuis?

as far as i know the wild ARE looking to get rid of Dupuis. that would be a smart trade. im not sure what the hurricanes would do if they even were to consider him. they cant trade a d-man for him, since they have a shortage. and trading one high-profile forward for another is pretty much pointless. they'd have to run with a lower profile forward or 2 and/or some prospects and/or some draft picks

as far as i know the wild ARE looking to get rid of Dupuis. that would be a smart trade. im not sure what the hurricanes would do if they even were to consider him. they cant trade a d-man for him, since they have a shortage. and trading one high-profile forward for another is pretty much pointless. they'd have to run with a lower profile forward or 2 and/or some prospects and/or some draft picks

That isn't even a fair trade. For one Dupuis is not very good and I would probably label him as a loafer or a soft player.

How abooooot Blake for Dupuis?

That would be Terry Ryan-esque. Getting talent for crap.

Right now, if I were Risebrough (sp?) here are the players (regardless of stats) I'd trade individually or with either draft picks or minor leaguers (including rights) to get Blake:

Dupuis

Veillieux

Schultz

Walz

Boogaard (Snow should be fired if he trades for Booger)

Skoula

Smith

Heck, if the Islanders threw in a minor leaguer or perhaps a draft pick, I'd trade PM Bouchard.

I'd make that trade in a New York minute but I can't believe the Wild would get that lucky, would they? There would have to be more I would think.

Not a chance that trade would happen even up......Although Blake would look great in a Wild sweater but the Isles would want a lot more than Dupuis

Not a chance that trade would happen even up......Although Blake would look great in a Wild sweater but the Isles would want a lot more than Dupuis

Dupuis, X AHLer, and a 2007 5th round draft pick for Blake and a conditional 2008 5th round pick. If you think that's a dumb idea, just remember Snow is the Islanders' GM. Anything's possible.

Dupuis, X AHLer, and a 2007 5th round draft pick for Blake and a conditional 2008 5th round pick. If you think that's a dumb idea, just remember Snow is the Islanders' GM. Anything's possible.

As a sweetener, they can give the AHLer a 20 year contract...

I'll refer you guys to my post above about money. Hartman had a NHL insider on the radio today and even he said that the Wild is too close to the cap to make a trade for anybody without giving up big money.

I'll refer you guys to my post above about money. Hartman had a NHL insider on the radio today and even he said that the Wild is too close to the cap to make a trade for anybody without giving up big money.

What's sad is that, being so close to the cap as the Wild are, they don't have as much talent as others with similar payrolls.

Heck, why not Blake and a draft pick for Veillieux and Dupuis? Wouldn't that free up enough cash?

Sure, that's a bit more than the Wild would want to get rid of (they'd probably have to sign another AHLer) but talent wise, I'd do it in a second.

Heck, why not Blake and a draft pick for Veillieux and Dupuis? Wouldn't that free up enough cash?

Don't think so, because I think about half (if not all) of Blake's salary would apply to this year's cap while a draft pick could wait for a couple of years.