SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see a stick salute after the game tonight. Good lord, we haven't seen much of that this season.

Thoughts on the game:

Bina is playing awesome hockey. Where did this guy get his offense?

Chorney, Oshie, and Toews all looked like major players out there tonight. Good to see.

Lammy looked good when he was really needed, like on the breakaway where he kick saved to keep us ahead in the 2nd.

Hak's comments:

~Too loose in the first period, but we came back and made some power plays work.

~Our defensemen got caught napping early, but we survived the first

~intensity not the same as last night, but still took a step forward as a team

~Toews and Oshie played with authority tonight

~Bina is playing great - gets pucks through offensively, but Hak likes his defensive play best of all.

Could someone break down the second BSU goal (the one that the BSU player crashed the net). Brad's blog talks about how it was reviewed and the original call reversed.

This would be the second goal that UND allowed where an opposing player crashed into the goaltender and the puck ended up in the net. Are there rules to protect the goaltender and that same team from being scored on by the opposition simply pushing the goaltender (and the puck) across the line before the whistle blows?

Could someone break down the second BSU goal (the one that the BSU player crashed the net). Brad's blog talks about how it was reviewed and the original call reversed.

This would be the second goal that UND allowed where an opposing player crashed into the goaltender and the puck ended up in the net. Are there rules to protect the goaltender and that same team from being scored on by the opposition simply pushing the goaltender (and the puck) across the line before the whistle blows?

That play was not visible on the webcast completely. All we could see was that Lammy poke-checked the puck away originally, but 3 bodies then crashed into the net, and carried the puck past the line. Whether the net was knocked off first was a question. but it counted.

Chorney, Oshie, and Toews all looked like major players out there tonight. Good to see.

And unfortunately, those could be our 3 losses to the pros after the season.

But for now, hopefully the team can keep up with this play against UMN. A split there would be great for the PWR.

If I remember the play correctly, a Sioux D-man had checked the Beaver to the ice and it was merely momentum that sent both crashing into Lammy. A good example of a player getting rewarded for going hard to the net, and the replay also showed that it happened before the whistle.

If I remember the play correctly, a Sioux D-man had checked the Beaver to the ice and it was merely momentum that sent both crashing into Lammy. A good example of a player getting rewarded for going hard to the net, and the replay also showed that it happened before the whistle.

Thanks.

TH also went over it too. :D

And unfortunately, those could be our 3 losses to the pros after the season.

But for now, hopefully the team can keep up with this play against UMN. A split there would be great for the PWR.

I like the position we are in right now....very similar to last year at this time in terms of standings/pts.

The one thing I questioned about the Beavers second goal was that the ref had his arm up calling a penalty on the Sioux, then the puck makes contact with Lammie before every one slides into the net. Shouldn't the play be dead as soon as we touch the puck?

The one thing I questioned about the Beavers second goal was that the ref had his arm up calling a penalty on the Sioux, then the puck makes contact with Lammie before every one slides into the net. Shouldn't the play be dead as soon as we touch the puck?

Lammy would have had to demonstrate control of the puck for the whistle to blow. It was in the net before the whistle blew.

Gopher's OBrien with a forearm shiver to DU goalie Fisher's throat, finishing his check, very deliberately and with intent to injure. It should be a multi-game suspension, a very dangerous play.

The game in Mpls could get really ugly before its over. Or maybe I'm just rooting for a bunch of game DQ's. :D

It seems like anytime there's a goalie getting run, Minnesota is involved.

That goal was bull$%!#- Lammy had the puck saved until the beaver slid into him..................

If the WCHA had any confidence in their officials they'd let the arena show the overhead replay to the fans.

Since they have reason to believe their officials don't get the calls right, I'm sure not willing to assume any different.

Just got back from the game. If you thought the crowd was quiet, you must not have been able to hear my section screaming at the refs. It was a good game tonight. I thought everyone did a good job with the exception of a few bad penalties. On Chay's penalty, he laughed the entire way to the box. Porter was absolutely pissed when they called the penalty on Taylor. TJ's face was awesome at the end of the game, he was grinning from ear to ear. I took a picture of the salute, but I don't know how to put it up here. Sorry.

Wow, great to get in and read this thread. I was pretty down reading the 2-0 Beaver lead, but a very nice comeback. Looks like the Sioux still got themselves in penalty trouble, and the PK has to be better, IMO.

What, 6-1-1 in the last 8? It's a nice reversal of where things where earlier. Next week is a super test. #1 team on the road. We need to be competitive. If the Sioux can manage a split I think that would be just grand, all things considered.

Hopefully they'll play with confidence and with that edge, but still keep their heads. MN is going to play with a bit of chippiness, and the Sioux can't get out of their game. If they take too many penalties it could make for a long weekend, even if MN's PP isn't quite what it was the last couple of years.

Tonite there are goals from our 2 stars who have the weight of expectations, and then the defense kicks in heavily in contributions. Last night it was a star and the lower lines kicking in.

It's the right direction. NDH is right, someone's got the bus on right road, now just keep it MOVING.

Scofield raced down the right wing trying to win a race to the puck, which squirted out to the top of the crease. Holman crashed the net hard and the puck followed him into the net. After a review, referee Bill Mason ruled it a goal. Originally, he did not.

I didn't see the play. This is Brad Schlossman's write-up from his blog. If it happened this way, how could this goal have counted? If he hit the goalie, and the puck FOLLOWED him into the net, wouldn't his interfering with the goalie have caused the goal, thereby resulting in a no goal call? What was the deal here?

Just got in from the game...now watching travis roche on center ice...anyway, except for that two minutes in the first period when the Sioux got very sloppy in their end and seemed to not care whether they won the little races, they played great - with the exception of Brian Lee. What is up with that??? Lee made four really terrible errors and Lammy bailed him out on three of them. Sometimes I wonder if he's having some kind of personal issue and can't keep his head in the game. He seems slow to the puck and rushed on his passing and play-making. I'm not a scout, but I haven't been very impressed with him lately. Anyone else concerned about him?

The Sioux played with a sense of urgency in the 2nd period and even more in the third. They were first to the puck much of the time. They will have to play like this, with no mini-letdowns, next weekend. I hope to be in the cities. If I can't get tickets, I'll be in a bar nearby...Go Sioux...