SiouxSports.com Forum

TOEWS

AZSIOUX

Hope he brings some of that piss and vinegar back to UND, starting next weekend.

Haha out of all people I wouldn't have expected that to slip from his mouth. Oh well, he's young and you can certainly tell he was overcome with emotion. I think the look on his face when he realizes what he said is priceless.

I understand it was live for all of Canada, which was equally excited.

They must not have an FCC to regulate TV in Canada. I know in the USA they have the seven second delay to be able to

edit out swear words. Classic...

They must not have an FCC to regulate TV in Canada. I know in the USA they have the seven second delay to be able to

Not sure how it works up there, but I know CBC (which is in GF) showed the Big Lebowski late one night. Boobs and all.

Not sure how it works up there, but I know CBC (which is in GF) showed the Big Lebowski late one night. Boobs and all.

Actually some of the other channels like TNT don't always bleep out the profanity late at night.

I think there is a rule about what can be said at what time.

Thomas Vaneck dropped the "f" bomb on a between periods interview on FSN a couple of years ago. That made it through for some reason - perhaps because nobody could understand what he was saying anyway.

On the same network a former twin let one slip out and ended getting suspended. Yikes :lol:

On the same network a former twin let one slip out and ended getting suspended. Yikes :lol:

That was Bert Blyleven. He thought he was doing a taped segment. Screwed up, dropped two f-bombs and said they'd need to re-tape. But they couldn't. It was the Channel 45 in the Cities (FSN rest of state) and he was suspended from doing their games for like 5 games, though it might have been the rest of the year for that station.

The rules in Canada are a lot more lax. Most of the movies they show on broadcast TV they leave unedited (I just saw Major League the other day and they didnt bleep anything)

Heck, there is a show on CityTV (another broadcast net) that had swearing & nudity and they don't bleep it :lol:

Here Janet's boob gets shown...holy crap...fine everyone and need a 7 second delay

Canada....hey, a boob. Oh well, the US will be pissed

The last time someone was on a 7 second delay was Don Cherry on HNIC after the "the only guys who wear visors are wimps and French guys" comment....I think the CBC dropped that this year

Wow is all I can say about Toews after spending the playoff week in Sweden. I knew he was a good player, but not as good as I saw there, but more importantly - what a great kid. His public personality is amazing, both the more public interactions that I witnessed with his teammates, interactions with the press and especially with the fans.

FYI, I finished putting up the pictorials from games/practices that the US and Canadian teams participated in. The list can be found here. As time permits I be adding the full takes of everything I shot (well other than the @#$%& files I accidentally deleted from the US/Canada game) to my personal site.

-Melissa