SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. SCSU

dakotadan

I was curious what Ulferts had to say about the Sioux. She usually is quite complimentary. Swyg didn't interview her tonight. It seems like they haven't been doing those interviews with the opposing coaches this year. Has anybody heard why they don't do that this year on the radio broadcasts?

I was curious what Ulferts had to say about the Sioux. She usually is quite complimentary. Swyg didn't interview her tonight. It seems like they haven't been doing those interviews with the opposing coaches this year. Has anybody heard why they don't do that this year on the radio broadcasts?

Huge win for the women...the first 10 minutes they looked a little discombobulated..but every player contributed when it mattered..glad to see they can handle being down. Quigley got her points, but limiting her to 8 boards is outstanding. As if there wouldn't be enough incentive to be fired up for the rematch, Tacheny is virtually guarenteeing a win for the Huskies at home. St, Cloud Times I'm sure it will be a great game. Ulferts is a very classy coach. Way to go Sioux!!

Huge win for the women...the first 10 minutes they looked a little discombobulated..but every player contributed when it mattered..glad to see they can handle being down. Quigley got her points, but limiting her to 8 boards is outstanding. As if there wouldn't be enough incentive to be fired up for the rematch, Tacheny is virtually guarenteeing a win for the Huskies at home. St, Cloud Times I'm sure it will be a great game. Ulferts is a very classy coach. Way to go Sioux!!

That was a pretty stupid thing to say, especially by a player who shoots 31% from the floor on the season, and who went 0-5 last night. I'm guessing Ulferts isn't too happy with her right now.

I agree it was a pretty dumb thing to say. That little guard shouldn't open her mouth and add more fuel to the fire. You can bet that UND does feel a little better now that we have beat St Cloud once but you KNOW they aren't going to settle for that. And her making a comment like that.......Oy Veh. Ulferts is definetly a class act. She said in a pre-game interview (I think, maybe it was at halftime) that UND has great depth and all that jazz. She also mentioned that Carissa Jahner is the best defensive player she had EVER seen. Not something you expect from an opposing coach.

Coach Ulferts (Lori) is a UND Grad (from Warren,Minn) use to play Field Hockey, Softball, Volleyball, B-Ball at UND

(with Ms Walrus). She always has been nothing but Class win or lose, she has done a outstanding job at St cloud.

Great Lady...!

I know you are supposed to post a link and not copy a whole article, so I'll do the best I can...this is how classy Ulferts is:

When Lori Ulferts emerged from the locker room, she could have criticized her team for allowing North Dakota to shoot 68 percent from the field or just not making the necessary adjustments when the Sioux started to pull away. She didn't. She just raved.

"They're a good team, aren't they?" she said. "Aren't they fun to watch? You're from Division I, right? If that's not a Division I game, I don't know. That's a pretty good basketball game. It's just great basketball."

McPherson Blog