SiouxSports.com Forum

WJC

sprig

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the US does win the bronze I think it will be an amazing run for Team USA. To go from as bad as they were in the Germany and first Canada game to winning a medal is a truly amazing feat, in my opinion.

Thanks sagard.

I didn't think the US was that terrible against Germany. It wasn't there best game by any means, and they're playing a lot more as a team right now than they ever did in the preliminary round. I still blame Stoa for missing the open net! :lol: That would have changed that entire game around.

I didn't think the US was that terrible against Germany. It wasn't there best game by any means, and they're playing a lot more as a team right now than they ever did in the preliminary round. I still blame Stoa for missing the open net! :lol: That would have changed that entire game around.

germany sucks. the usa did get many shots but there is no way in hell they should have lost to them. it made them a 3 seed rather a 2 and that may have been the reason they are playing for a bronze instead of gold. they were toe to toe with canada today and had their chances to win this but couldnt do it. canada hasnt lost in this tourney it seems forever. sucks as a usa fan for sure. who knows, not playing long island frazee the 1st 2 games could have been a huge mistake as well. i guess we will never know. hope they can get the bronze, seems like they have not given a flying fk about bronze the last couple years so im not counting on it.

I heard about Toews' three shootout goals. Were they anything special or were they just quality scores? Would someone be willing to describe his goals either on this thread or via PM to me? I'd REALLY appreciate it.

You can view the stream on TSN broadband. Click the "Highlights: CAN 2 USA 1(SO), and you can watch the entire shootout, along with a post game interview with Toews.

If you click the link under "Next Live Broadcast" you can watch each period of the game, the OT, and the shootout.

USA, starting off as weak as they did, a bronze doesn't sound all that bad. Too bad they got such a slow start. Go Sioux, Go USA, and now, go Russia!

Even though many of their fans were totally obnoxious when WJT was in Forks, I will root for the Canadian team to beat Russia and for Toews to continue to shine. Outside of Downie, who's not to like on their team? Price has been exceptional, and there is certainly no Russian player I am rooting for!

Even though many of their fans were totally obnoxious when WJT was in Forks, I will root for the Canadian team to beat Russia and for Toews to continue to shine. Outside of Downie, who's not to like on their team? Price has been exceptional, and there is certainly no Russian player I am rooting for!

same here, hope they win and downie gets his azz kicked at the same time. toews will bury 2 for the canucks :lol:

From what I recall they were all skate in and take forehand shots. No deeks. Frazee didn't cut down angles like the NHL goalies due in shootouts and the Canadians continually exploited it. The Canadian goalie had the same problem, but Kane shot it into his skate while attempting five hole on the only US chance to win the game. This one hurt worse than Holy Cross.

Your kidding me right. Scores three times, three different ways, in an absolute pressure packed situation and you dismiss it as no big deal. Your typical NHL superstar may have difficulty repeating this under the same situation.

I agree. I really like O'Marra (sp?). I think he's really fun to watch when not watching Toews.

Sex sells, but I think they'd want it to sell the product, not your loyalty :lol:

Anyways, I'm impressed with Team USA, or what I've read about it. Unfortunately I had to work while the game was on.

I heard about Toews' three shootout goals. Were they anything special or were they just quality scores? Would someone be willing to describe his goals either on this thread or via PM to me? I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Check youtube tonight or tomorrow.

USA, starting off as weak as they did, a bronze doesn't sound all that bad. Too bad they got such a slow start. Go Sioux, Go USA, and now, go Russia!

Do you realize what you just said? Go Russia? WTF? The hell with Russia. If 20 Geoff Paukovich's played Russia, I would pray with every cell in my body that the Paukovich's beat the Russians by 20, then beat the crap out of the Russians, then go back to the hotel to beat up the Russian's moms and sleep with the Russian's girlfriends.

Do you realize what you just said? Go Russia? WTF? The hell with Russia. If 20 Geoff Paukovich's played Russia, I would pray with every cell in my body that the Paukovich's beat the Russians by 20, then beat the crap out of the Russians, then go back to the hotel to beat up the Russian's moms and sleep with the Russian's girlfriends.

Now that is funny.

Just bring us back some good Russian Vodka when you leave the party.

Nope. Not rooting for russia either, but I just want canada to lose :lol: And if they do win, I hope its Toews getting any/all of the goals!

Did you watch any of the Russia/US games from the past two years? I hate Canada because they beat us continually. I think I'd root for the Badgers over the Russians.

Did you watch any of the Russia/US games from the past two years? I hate Canada because they beat us continually. I think I'd root for the Badgers over the Russians.

I hate Canada because I am sick of seeing them win and I am tired of hearing them Boo Jack Johnson, Downie is a way bigger hack than anyone on the USA squad.

I don't care who wins that game, I think Hak should tell Toews no medal at the pregame meal this year for the essence of team unity. I can't stand the russian either. I will never chear for Russia, Badgers or the Gophers. I think people can watch a game without having to chear for anyone.

I hate Canada because I am sick of seeing them win and I am tired of hearing them Boo Jack Johnson, Downie is a way bigger hack than anyone on the USA squad.

I don't care who wins that game, I think Hak should tell Toews no medal at the pregame meal this year for the essence of team unity. I can't stand the russian either. I will never chear for Russia, Badgers or the Gophers. I think people can watch a game without having to chear for anyone.

i say toews wears both gold medals around his neck for sure. make the other step up. go toews, not canada. toews 3 russia 2.

Agree. Goon you buy the beer and Ill pay for the pool? pick the place :)