SiouxSports.com Forum

Jonathan Toews

Rick

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that sheds some light on a couple of previous arguments on this board.

When you read that article, you again realize what a prize J Toews is.

Maybe know that he is back 100% healthy he can again play at a dominant level like the end of last year. He has had a subpar first half......no doubt about it. Whatever the reasons.

Toews is a very special player who is a lot of fun to watch. I hope he comes back to the Sioux with the same fire in his belly that he played with the 2nd half of the year last season.

Well let's hope so as this will be his last hurrah. I would put the chances of him playing another year here at less than 1%.

Maybe JT will want to participate in his 3rd WJC bad enough, which results in him coming back to ND for one more year! Okay, it's a stretch, and I wouldn't bet on it, but we can hope!

I think 2 gold medals will suffice. I don't see Canada losing out on the gold this year. Although that is why they play the games.

Another good article from Garce Joyce. Bravo, now lets hope we can keep him another year.

Not a chance...the day the season ends he will be gone. Just like what happened with Parise. There was hardly any chance of him staying before he played so well in this tourney. If he has a good game against Russian and Canada wins gold, Toews has a good shot at MVP.

Not a chance...the day the season ends he will be gone. Just like what happened with Parise. There was hardly any chance of him staying before he played so well in this tourney. If he has a good game against Russian and Canada wins gold, Toews has a good shot at MVP.

So you know this for a fact? I won't disagree with you that he has had a strong WJC, but he has been average with UND this season. Granted every team that has played UND this season has slashed, hooked and held Oshie and Toews but if Bochenski isn't in the NHL, I don't see how Toews is going to crack the Black Hawks line up?

So you know this for a fact? I won't disagree with you that he has had a strong WJC, but he has been average with UND this season. Granted every team that has played UND this season has slashed, hooked and held Oshie and Toews but if Bochenski isn't in the NHL, I don't see how Toews is going to crack the Black Hawks line up?

I think Toews will play in the NHL this year if the Sioux fail to make the Frozen Four. Toews has the all around game that Bochenski lacks and could play on any line of an NHL team. If Bochenski isn't a top two line forward do you really want him out there with a checking group?

I really think Toews would benefit from one more year in college. Not just saying that because I'm a Sioux fan. Last year, Toews didn't really do anything in the WJC tournament. This year, he's come through in clutch moments, but hasn't dominated the tournament. He's only 18. He's not in Crosby or Ovechkin's class so it's hard to say how successful a jump next year would be. I think he will have a successful NHL career, just hope he doesn't make the jump too early. Joe Thorton went when he was 19 and struggled big time for the first 2 years. I do think JT really loves playing for his country, and I'm hoping it lures him back here for one more year. That would be one more year of education for him too, which I think he wants. In my heart, I still don't think he'll say, but I do hope it!

I think Toews will play in the NHL this year if the Sioux fail to make the Frozen Four. Toews has the all around game that Bochenski lacks and could play on any line of an NHL team. If Bochenski isn't a top two line forward do you really want him out there with a checking group?

I agree with Siouxdonyms I would love one more year from him before he goes to the NHL. As far as Bochenski, I don't get why he isn't playing with Chicago, the man is lighting up the AHL, like his roomie said can't play a lick. I would like to ask these people that say JT is gone I wonder what he is going to do when they send him to NorFolk, I thought said he didn't want to play there.

I agree with Siouxdonyms I would love one more year from him before he goes to the NHL. As far as Bochenski, I don't get why he isn't playing with Chicago, the man is lighting up the AHL, like his roomie said can't play a lick. I would like to ask these people that say JT is gone I wonder what he is going to do when they send him to NorFolk, I thought said he didn't want to play there.

But can you argue with Chicago's success? :lol:

I think Toews and probably Oshie are gone at the end of this season, regardless of FF appearances. However, I would guess that given their less-than-first rounder performances so far, their teams may be thinking AHL right now. That said, both players have what it takes to turn it up a notch when it counts, and this is a month ending in "y". :lol:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure next year JT, and TJ as well, will hang around here to get the s&!t beat out of them night after night, game after game. All for a losing season and no hardware to show for it. Making money in the NHL is obviously a less appealing option than that.

But can you argue with Chicago's success? :lol:

They have had like no sucess, until recently when Denny Savard was hired. I watched them play many times this season, I don't think he can break the line up this season. Seriously, have you seen them play this year? They have an outside chance of making the playoffs.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure next year JT, and TJ as well, will hang around here to get the s&!t beat out of them night after night, game after game. All for a losing season and no hardware to show for it. Making money in the NHL is obviously a less appealing option than that.

I guess I never thought of it that way. Lets see, while the leg refs have stood by and watched, the dynamic trio have been slashed , hooked, given face washes, held and Drug down in the corners. Toews was also subject to a dirty hit (it looked like a spear) while playing Maine. I guess that makes sense.

It was the same thing with Parise. He was mobbed his entire 2nd year, yet still found ways to show up on the scoresheet. However, at the end of the year, there was no reason for him to come back, simply to put up with the same crap. Like I said, in my heart, I know they're most likely gone, but I can still hope.

Believe me fellas, this old Sioux fan's heart will be broke as much or more than anyone's when those guys leave for greener pastures. I would love for them to stay another year, I'm sure certain circumstances could make them stay or go, that's up to the team that owns their right's. But I will also be very happy and very proud of them and all the other's that get to fullfill their lifelong dream of playing pro hockey. We gotta enjoy while we can.

lets enjoy these 2 while they are here. toews is gone after this season in my eyes and oshie i would say 50/50. just my opinions. i have a very good feeling that toews is gonna repeat last years 2nd half and oshie will follow. they both have been banged up and have been battling. these 2 are special players and love watching them on the weekends. and especially i love watching them on the ice at the same time.

lets enjoy these 2 while they are here. toews is gone after this season in my eyes and oshie i would say 50/50. just my opinions. i have a very good feeling that toews is gonna repeat last years 2nd half and oshie will follow. they both have been banged up and have been battling. these 2 are special players and love watching them on the weekends. and especially i love watching them on the ice at the same time.

Yeah, people tend to forget that these guys have been banged up for a good portion of the season. They will come around, no doubt in my mind.