SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Verbals

The Walrus

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Walrus, you seem to be in the know about whats going on with the Team! Whats happening with Hendrickson? Is he still going to be part of the program after his run-in ( or run-ins) with the Law? From the previous posts it looks like he doesn't really fit the profile of the type of player Coach Lennon recruits. I would guess that any current player who got into the situation he got into would probably have his scholarship terminated.

• 3 weeks later...

Drew Daggett had a very good first day of the Minnesota A state track meet, qualifying for the finals with the second-best time in the 300 hurdles, the third-best time in the 110 hurdles, and running on Frazee's 800m relay team that had the second-best time in the prelims.

Drew Daggett had a very good first day of the Minnesota A state track meet, qualifying for the finals with the second-best time in the 300 hurdles, the third-best time in the 110 hurdles, and running on Frazee's 800m relay team that had the second-best time in the prelims.

Drew Dagget finished 4th in the 110 hurdles and the high jump. His 800m relay team also placed 4th. He is the State Champ in the 300m hurdles with an excellent time of 38.87 sec. He almost single handedly placed 4th in the Class A meet. He is a horse and should be a hell of a player for the Sioux. The Gophers missed on this kid. Coach Lennon was a big reason he will be a Sioux instead of a Bison.

Drew Dagget finished 4th in the 110 hurdles and the high jump. His 800m relay team also placed 4th. He is the State Champ in the 300m hurdles with an excellent time of 38.87 sec. He almost single handedly placed 4th in the Class A meet. He is a horse and should be a hell of a player for the Sioux. The Gophers missed on this kid. Coach Lennon was a big reason he will be a Sioux instead of a Bison.

That was quite a performance by Daggett, particularly in the 300 hurdles. With his combination of size and speed, I'm really excited to watch him develop into a potentially great receiver for the Sioux.

Another possible player...

A dose of both extremes

Svihovec won't be through with summer football after Saturday's game. He'll play on the 11-man West all-star team in the Shrine Bowl, July 21 at Grand Forks.

That could be his last football game. Svihovec plans to attend the University of North Dakota, where he'll tackle a major in pre-dentistry.

Football is still a possibility, however.

"The signing deadline has long passed, but the coaches (at UND) told me I could try out as a walk-on if I wanted to," Svihovec said. "I'll wait until after these two games, and then decide."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I believe this actually happened way back in the Omaha week, but it appears UND has suffered the first casualty from the 2007 recruiting class. Safety Cory Hanson from Willmar, Minnesota is no longer listed on the roster. I have no idea whether he quit, or was dismissed from the team.

I believe this actually happened way back in the Omaha week, but it appears UND has suffered the first casualty from the 2007 recruiting class. Safety Cory Hanson from Willmar, Minnesota is no longer listed on the roster. I have no idea whether he quit, or was dismissed from the team.

Why doesn't the media ask Coach about Cory Hanson. Another secret?