SiouxSports.com Forum

USA World Junior Team

mikeypat15

Frazee and Zatkoff as the Goalies.

Gosh, I know Frazee can be better than he's displayed at Minnesota thus far, but I can't help but think he's teetering on the brink.

Say what you will about Montoya or even Schneider, but they've shown more at the same point in their "careers" than Frazee thus far.

Zatkoff is a total unknown. That being said, I expect Frazee to be the starter.

I really think Goaltending is the weakness for Team USA.

i love team usa's D, johnson and johnson with lee and chorney, goalies will be a HUGE question mark. wcha WELL represented!! i always love watching this tourney. i just hope for some way a usa/canada gold medal game!!

from brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

The breakdown by conference: WCHA (11), CCHA (4), OHL (2), WHL (2), Hockey East (1), ECAC (1), Junior team (1)

Goaltenders:

Jeff Zatkoff, Miami

Jeff Frazee, Minnesota

Defensemen:

Brian Lee, UND

Taylor Chorney, UND

Erik Johnson, Minnesota

Jamie McBain, Wisconsin

Jack Johnson, Michigan

Kyle Lawson, Notre Dame

Sean Zimmerman, WHL

Forwards:

Kyle Okposo, Minnesota

Ryan Stoa, Minnesota

Mike Carman, Minnesota

Jack Skille, Wisconsin

Blake Geoffrion, Wisconsin

Billy Sweatt, Colorado College

Justin Abdelkader, Michigan State

Nate Gerbe, Boston College

Jim Fraser, Harvard

James vanRiemsdyk, U.S. Under-18

Peter Mueller, WHL

Pat Kane, OHL

Trevor Lewis, OHL

i love team usa's D, johnson and johnson with lee and chorney, goalies will be a HUGE question mark. wcha WELL represented!! i always love watching this tourney. i just hope for some way a usa/canada gold medal game!!

That is a very likely scenario as team Canada returns five D-men and six forwards from last years team as well.

That is a very likely scenario as team Canada returns five D-men and six forwards from last years team as well.

Have the pools been drawn yet? If the US and Canada are in the same group again, I don't think they will meet in the finals. Beating two straight European teams in Sweden just to get to the finals could be tough for even mighty Canada. :lol:

Have the pools been drawn yet? If the US and Canada are in the same group again, I don't think they will meet in the finals. Beating two straight European teams in Sweden just to get to the finals could be tough for even mighty Canada. :lol:

USA and Canada are both in Group A.

http://www.worldjuniors2007.com/index_eng.htm

Group A: Canada, USA, Sweden, Slovakia, and Germany

Group B: Russia, Finland, Czech Republic, Switzerland, and Belarus

Official site: 2007 IIHF World Junior Championships

Group A: Canada, USA, Sweden, Slovakia, and Germany

Group B: Russia, Finland, Czech Republic, Switzerland, and Belarus

Official site: 2007 IIHF World Junior Championships

Groups aren't kind to the USA-Canada rivalry at all.

And yeah, I anticipate Lee and Chorney will be back sooner than usual. :lol: or should that be ;)

I honestly don't know if rooting against the USA or hoping that they fall out of the medal contention is a good thing despite getting them back early?

And yeah, I anticipate Lee and Chorney will be back sooner than usual. :lol: or should that be :0

I honestly don't know if rooting against the USA or hoping that they fall out of the medal contention is a good thing despite getting them back early?

Come on. They had all of Vancouver rooting against them last year, throw them a bone.

We will see how intimidating the Canadians are when they don't have large crowd support like they have had the last two years.

Come on. They had all of Vancouver rooting against them last year, throw them a bone.

We will see how intimidating the Canadians are when they don't have large crowd support like they have had the last two years.

The three big hitters from last year Bourdon, Staal and Downie are back and ready to sit Ogopogo on his behind. I wonder if Cheapshot Jack (Johnson) will get a little bit of payback chin music from Downie. ;) I believe you personally have had a close enough look at Canadian players to know that they aren't intimidated by Minnesotans.

The three big hitters from last year Bourdon, Staal and Downie are back and ready to sit Ogopogo on his behind. I wonder if Cheapshot Jack (Johnson) will get a little bit of payback chin music from Downie. :lol: I believe you personally have had a close enough look at Canadian players to know that they aren't intimidated by Minnesotans.

Downie was a cheap little weasel the whole game ... wait, the whole tournament, last year. I have no respect for him after what I saw last year in Vancouver. You can claim him, we don't want to. He got what he deserved, then took a dive to make it look like JJ cheaped him. Looked very European, actually. Personally, I do hope the two meet again. Who's Downie's protector this year? He can't take care of himself, except from behind. Face to face Jack Johnson would kick his ass.

Downie was a cheap little weasel the whole game ... wait, the whole tournament, last year. I have no respect for him after what I saw last year in Vancouver. You can claim him, we don't want to. He got what he deserved, then took a dive to make it look like JJ cheaped him. Looked very European, actually. Personally, I do hope the two meet again. Who's Downie's protector this year? He can't take care of himself, except from behind. Face to face Jack Johnson would kick his ass.

I'm agreeing with you SportsDoc.

I'm no fan of Downie, he was skate to skate as cheap as any player I've ever seen. The difference between Downie and the cheapest player I've ever seen live (Alexander Ovechkin- Twice) is that AO actually has more to his game than Downie. Jim Dahl and Caps fans- AO has improved dramatically since he's turned pro. He didn't dive at all the one time I saw him at the MCI Center. He even scored a goal.

He was so talented that he even faked a concussion. Wow. I guess you weren't a Prpich fan either. :angry:

He was so talented that he even faked a concussion. Wow. I guess you weren't a Prpich fan either. :angry:

I don't know how you diagnose a concussion without a brain, but OK, if you say so!

Of course I loved Prpich, he was our guy. No one else liked him, same here. You think players and fans of any other WCHA team liked Prpich? Downie, he's your guy. You can like him. We don't have to, and I don't.

Game on Canadia!!