SiouxSports.com Forum

USA World Junior Team

mikeypat15

Canada is going to whip our ass again this year. As usual, the US loads it's team full of "superstar's" and Canada will pick the best player's to make up a "team". USA Hockey is nothing but a joke. I hope Team USA proves me wrong, but after the debacle the last two year's I have little faith.

I don't know how you diagnose a concussion without a brain, but OK, if you say so!

Of course I loved Prpich, he was our guy. No one else liked him, same here. You think players and fans of any other WCHA team liked Prpich? Downie, he's your guy. You can like him. We don't have to, and I don't.

Game on Canadia!!

Like Prpich, Downie will make the hits and get under the other teams skin if it will help his team win. Like Prpich, he will always give 100% effort and isn't well liked by the other teams' fans. I am glad they both play(ed) for my teams. ;)

Canada is going to whip our ass again this year. As usual, the US loads it's team full of "superstar's" and Canada will pick the best player's to make up a "team". USA Hockey is nothing but a joke. I hope Team USA proves me wrong, but after the debacle the last two year's I have little faith.

I don't know.... I think the US is really short on goaltending this year and they are going to be even shorter on playing time together before the WJC begins. Notice how Toews is leaving before the rest of them? I think their selection policy isn't just the only reason why they play so well as a team...

I don't know.... I think the US is really short on goaltending this year and they are going to be even shorter on playing time together before the WJC begins. Notice how Toews is leaving before the rest of them? I think their selection policy isn't just the only reason why they play so well as a team...

Well, I'm not so sure I agree that Canada has an advantage. The US has a development program that has a lot of these guys playing together for several seasons. The Canadian team on the other hand gets together for a couple of weeks each year. The styles of the Canadian junior leagues are also quite different. But I still think Canada is going to win again this year based on who they have available. Should be a very solid team with no real weaknesses.

I think the big reason for the difference in selection process is the number of potential players to consider. Canada clearly has more players to look at in the selection process, so they start with a camp two weeks prior to the WJC. Since Team USA has very few players to look at (and they have them in camp during August) they don't need to have another selection camp in December.

Plus, I think the Team USA realizes that many of their players are going to be playing college hockey during the season, and they don't want to pull them away from their teams any longer than they need to. The last thing Team USA wants to do is sour the relationship they have with NCAA coaches.

I think the big reason for the difference in selection process is the number of potential players to consider. Canada clearly has more players to look at in the selection process, so they start with a camp two weeks prior to the WJC. Since Team USA has very few players to look at (and they have them in camp during August) they don't need to have another selection camp in December.

Plus, I think the Team USA realizes that many of their players are going to be playing college hockey during the season, and they don't want to pull them away from their teams any longer than they need to. The last thing Team USA wants to do is sour the relationship they have with NCAA coaches.

It's kind of interesting to see the difference in attitude. The Junior leagues in Canada don't hesitate to let their players go mainly because of national pride. It's kind of the flip side of what we are constantly told, that Canada lacks patriotism.

Canada will be sending a very strong team to this tournament despite what the experts may be saying. And next year's team may be even stronger.

Canada will be sending a very strong team to this tournament despite what the experts may be saying. And next year's team may be even stronger.

Has Canada ever NOT sent a VERY strong team? The US and others can knock them off, but it will take great efforts to do it. There will be a point this tourney where the Canada goalie is put under pressure. If he cracks like Fluery did they can be beaten.

did USA Hockey learn NOTHING from Herbie?:angry: