SiouxSports.com Forum

POlls

sioux7>5

My Norwegian friend,

We know you are not stupid or full of sh**. Just have faith that the goofs will drop when it really counts, just like last season!

:lol:

Even if your full of it, we are with you man. No matter how much I hate the Goofs, they are the number one team right now. However, that doesn't mean I don't want them to tank or they won't tank. Traditional very few teams have kept it going all season long. Remember Briggs is their goalie and no matter how much we are lectured by Goof fans that Briggs is a good goalie we all know what happens when he plays in the big games.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the gooph's and most of their fans as much as anybody, but the fact remains they have been playing some good hockey as of late, it's undeniable, the #1 ranking is credible. As much as it pains me to say that and wish it wasn't true, I'm afraid that it is. I'm not trying to be a jerk but making statements like "they should not have kept that spot because blah, blah, blah" is either stupidity or just trying to get under someon'e skin. Sorry, I just call it how I see it.

I agree with this assessment 100% even though I bleed green. Fact is we were typically in this spot in the past and slumped over the Dec-Feb schedule. Frankly I like playing from where we are albeit it doesn't give us bragging rights - I would rather be higher in the polls when it counts (AT THE END OF THE SEASON) than worry about it now.

We have been tagged as the Fighting Novembers in years past - I have no problem passing that moniker onto the Golden Novembers - just as long as we have the last dance.

I hate the gooph's and most of their fans as much as anybody, but the fact remains they have been playing some good hockey as of late, it's undeniable, the #1 ranking is credible. As much as it pains me to say that and wish it wasn't true, I'm afraid that it is. I'm not trying to be a jerk but making statements like "they should not have kept that spot because blah, blah, blah" is either stupidity or just trying to get under someon'e skin. Sorry, I just call it how I see it.

Though my vehemence against UMN is far less than Triouxper's I agree.

I don't think Minnesota's ranking is really debateable and really much to concern ourselves with. We have a big series against UW coming up and we still have to figure out how to get by MTU and CC without Toews, Lee, and Chorney.

So now I am insane. I was just making a point. Yes I think a tie and a win by one goal in Mankato is not a #1 team. I am sorry if you do not agree with me. But watch the personal attacks please.

For the record, I never said you were insane. I said your comment was insane. That's not a personal attack on you in any way. Settle Down. We moved up in a poll without even playing a legit game last week, does that seem loopy to you or is it just me? That just shows how bad and unreliable some polls are.

So LC, are you saying that Minnesota has had a difficult schedule? Granted they have played ranked teams but they have had favorable circumstances in when and where they have played them. Colorado at home and playing with the flu bug going through there team. Michigan and Michigan State in the Showcase at home where Mich and Mich State had a rivalry game mid week. Wisconsin at home with key players out of the lineup. Maine at the X which is a virtual home game. Wayne State and Ohio State as non-conference foes...Enough said. So far No UND, No Denver, and no UAA trip which is never easy.

They have put up a nice record so far but we will see how it holds up after the first of the year.

I'm not claiming the Gopher schedule is difficult. It's just not easy cupcake schedule you are saying, thus trying to discredit the 13-1-3 record. Who has a difficult schedule then? UNH's isn't nothing to brag about. I know the 13-1-3 record doesn't sit well with you, but give some credit when deserved. You still made execuses for the Gopher wins, rather then accepting the Gophers have a pretty good record so far. Could easily be a split this weekend in MTU. Maybe even worse, as MTU is playing pretty good.

Just have faith that the goofs will drop when it really counts, just like last season!

Wouldn't it make more sense to put faith in the Sioux that they deliver themselves at the end of the year, rather than worrying about what the Gophers will do? Even if the Gophers were 'to tank' that's no guarantee UND will have their own successful conclusion. I know last year's HC loss wasn't made any less disappointing simply because UND lost at the FF.

Wouldn't it make more sense to put faith in the Sioux that they deliver themselves at the end of the year, rather than worrying about what the Gophers will do? Even if the Gophers were 'to tank' that's no guarantee UND will have their own successful conclusion. I know last year's HC loss wasn't made any less disappointing simply because UND lost at the FF.

That would make sense if the point of Sioux7>5's wasn't "why are the gofers #1 in the polls?". The next best thing behind the Sioux winning is the Gophers losing, to me that is.

A team that has 1 loss through 35% of their season isn't good enough for you? They beat and tied an unranked team in Mankato. Mankato isn't nearly as bad as you seem to think they are. Who cares that they are unranked, does it really matter? Being in the bottom half of the WCHA isn't great, but it would get you near the top of a lot of other things. So when a top team "struggles" against an unranked team, yet still wins, they should drop in the polls? That's an insane comment to make. The Facts are the Facts.

Since when are opinions right or wrong? Grow up and stop with the personal attacks. He say Minn didn't play well and thats his opinion. My opinion is they are the best team in the country and that Mankato just played well last weekend. Thats my opinion.

Stop critizing other posters on their opinions, this is a discussion board opinions are welcome.